Recycler

Re: hey guys

Post by Ded10c »

Tried the new builds yet, Sly?
Vearie
Griefer

Post by Vearie »

We all have, more than all of you "testers" combined.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Word of the day: Targeted testing.

Sadly, I have not once seen Ahadley in the test chambers so I can't really smack what vearie's saying. RD, commando, me, axe, windy, twosheds, daylight, others I may have missed, we've been gettin er done.

After reviewing my rather large list, I think I can actually smack down what he said
Vearie
Griefer

Post by Vearie »

Nobody can smack down what I said.

gsoff doesn't work in QR2, unless you're all using a VPN to play over LAN just for ****, us actual players know for a fact all you're doing is spending your hours on forums like these, and maybe working on a mod nobody cares about or will ever see anyways.

On a side note, b89k actually has fixed the complete random lagouts of every player in a game so far in our experience.
VSMIT
Sabre

Post by VSMIT »

What defines an actual player? I know that you think that it means that all you do is play strats and grief MPI games, but I'd like to hear what others think.
Vearie
Griefer

Post by Vearie »

A player is anyone that plays the game, it's that simple. Even MPI, DM, or whatever. An inactive player might play a couple of games every few weeks.

For example, you're not what would be called a player, because you don't play the game, but I don't think you need to be told this.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Zax wrote:Word of the day: Targeted testing.

Sadly, I have not once seen Ahadley in the test chambers so I can't really smack what vearie's saying. RD, commando, me, axe, windy, twosheds, daylight, others I may have missed, we've been gettin er done.

After reviewing my rather large list, I think I can actually smack down what he said
You wouldn't have seen me because I've not been there in quite some time. I'm having issues with my wireless, it collapses every now and again. It's getting better though, I think I may have nearly fixed it.
VSMIT
Sabre

Post by VSMIT »

No, I don't, but that doesn't mean that you can differentiate yourself from others and call yourself an "actual player," as opposed to some kind of "fake player."
Vearie
Griefer

Post by Vearie »

"fake players" being ones that aren't players, but still insist that they play under aliased names, and we all know they don't. (Such as red spot, nielk1, ahadley, etc)
GreenGuy
Rattler

Post by GreenGuy »

Vearie wrote:MPI is bad commanding practice, I'll put this simple for you and other new players: Commanding against AI is not comparable to commanding against a person. If you try to argue this, fact is, you have no clue what you're talking about.

If you don't want to be "griefed" you shouldn't kick players for winning, and cry every time you're getting raped, etc.
First of all I never claimed or argued that playing against the computer is better than playing against a person, all I said was that MPI is a good commanding practice from scratch, if you were totally new to the game, playing MPI and DM with others would be a good start, both with the commanding and the dogfighting, more experienced players would even tell you a few tricks. You're only gonna discourage new players by coming into their games telling them they should stop playing MPIs and sabotage the whole game. What if you actually had a friend that was totally new and wanted to begin learning with playing MPI? Oh I guess the whole ST community now thinks you're a noob? No. Imagine if you suddenly want to play Battlezone II and there are no games up other than MPIs, even in 1.2. Why not just say f*** it and play a MPI with other players?

I kick players for not listening, and for being asses like you. Funny that you keep changing both your nick and IP trying to join my games, you even cloak as people. Desperate, much?
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

If my testing session can't be confined to 15 minutes or less then it isn't worth testing for me.

My goal, and I'm only speaking for me here, is to get in, snap the footage/get the logs I need, and get out. I don't like sticking around for the game portion of the test.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Vearie, you should probably shut up before you say something even more stupid.

The rest of you now understand what I meant about superiority complexes.
Sly
Griefer

Post by Sly »

Yes Zax, good, that is exactly what we are talking about here. Even if you host testing matches, all you do is go in for 15 minutes, get some bugs and get out. None of you are "actual players" because you haven't played a real mpi, dm, race, strat, loot, w/e there is in years. That is all he is trying to point out to you...You can keep tossing around your psychological analysis all you want, you cannot escape what is the truth in his words...
Vearie
Griefer

Post by Vearie »

By something "stupid", AHadley means something opposing their opinions enough that it warrants a "PM warning" or ban. Any regular player can come in here and easily express the stupidity of this entire "beta testing team", if a real testing team existed there wouldn't be b89k available publicly.
AHadley posts on forums as a substitute for social life, that's probably why he's on these forums.

Also @ Greenguy: tl;dr but if you're complaining about how you get kicked/banned from strategy games it's because you're a loud-mouthed noob with no skill to back it up.
Warfreak
Rattler

Post by Warfreak »

Last I checked they call themselves testers, not players; just like I call myself not involved with BZ2 while you call yourself a vet (which, honestly that title died when the real players quit a few years back).

Because of the first statement your logic is flawed and for what it's worth great job using this as an outlet to the world, we get SO much traffic here that your opinion is bound to have some weight, have a nice day (and if you bother replying to this, there is nothing to argue here besides the vet comment).