AHOY!

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

KILLFACE
Scrap

AHOY!

Post by KILLFACE »

I haven't played this for a decade (used to play every day) and my mates never played it but we itching to try some lanning on a few of the mods, unfortunately we can't seem to figure out some of the most basic settings on it. Why is it when I turn down ai settings so we can learn at our own pace it does not save and we end up having to fend off 6 mortar bikes when we've got a power generator, a relay bunker and maybe a factory. My mate scouted out their base and within about 2 minutes they had 2 constructors, 4 scavengers, and a few scouts n whatnot. After 5 minutes they had piles of assault and rocket tanks. They physically could not get the funds for that so money cheat must not be turning off, then when I go back to menu every settings back to how it was. Yeah sure back in the day that'd not be a problem I'd take them, but i am very rusty and my homeboys very new. Anyone know how to make it so those settings will actually save.

Also I got no idea what alias I was rocking back then but if anyone remembers playing with a obnoxious smartass Aussie kid with horrible ping it may of been me so G'DAY!
Red Spot
Attila

Re: AHOY!

Post by Red Spot »

Settings are set per map, and once you switch maps or restart you have to set them again.
Dont see the issue though, as soon as you know whats what it takes about 30sec to set up the 3 pages of settings.

Page 1: General behaviour settings, scrapcheats, AI-skill, etc
Page 2: Stuff you get to start the game with
Page 3: Select the recy you want to play with

Page 2 & 3 are '1 click' away from being set up as you like, there isnt much more to do there. Page 1 has a few more things, but in general you probably only want to thinker with the AI-scrapcheat.
So in effect you have 1 setting to really be concerned about on every of the 3 pages.
KILLFACE
Scrap

Post by KILLFACE »

Yeah it doesn't need long to do, but problem is it isn't saving at all. Even when I edit it and load the game up the scrap cheats still there.

Fresh install 'seems' to of fixed it though. I'll go check. The smeg was going on there?
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

I was going to say that the CPU team is good at building scavengers and collecting loose scrap (thereby accelerating their build process), so it would not be unusual to see mortar bikes out in 5 minutes of the game if the AI team uses good scrap management -- but asstanks should definitely not come out so soon.
Regulators
Regulate any stealin' of this biometal pool, we're damn good, too
But you can't be any geek off the street
Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean
Earn your keep
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

If you neglect to turn down the AI scrap cheat they do, it's sort of tuned to keep 4 players busy, kill their upgrades and keep killing them.
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

Yeah, but he is talking about the AI team building fast even though their scrap cheat is turned off. I'm guessing that the fact that the AI has scavengers out and sucking up all the loose scrap on the field is what's causing their build process to be accelerated so fast.
Regulators
Regulate any stealin' of this biometal pool, we're damn good, too
But you can't be any geek off the street
Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean
Earn your keep
Axeminister
Sabre

Post by Axeminister »

If you start the world you cannot view the settings you changed in the shell, so you wouldn't be able to tell if it didn't save. And as Red said if you make changes to one map then change to another then you must make new changes. If you leave page 3 on 1.3 Default aips and don't like the pace the enemy is progressing then next time make sure to choose Wugs Easy aip set, this should buy you some time.
He who does not advance themselves, endlessly becomes themselves.

http://www.reverbnation.com/tunepak/3606640
KILLFACE
Scrap

Post by KILLFACE »

Had my mate go to their base and watch them and they were building way faster than they physically could of even with scav's scaving. But did a fresh install and it works fine now. Must have messed something up in the install or something?