Culled FE Posts

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

ADMIRAL MANSON
Thunderbolt

Re: Forgotten Enemies for PB6

Post by ADMIRAL MANSON »

:shock:

I just download the full zip to test it! but sure ill download new zip and wait another hr for dl.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

EDIT: IT GOES WITHOUT SAYING THAT IF YOU HAVE NOT PLAYED FE, DO NOT READ THESE POSTS. THERE WILL BE SPOILERS.

Mission 4 I cannot win. The energy beam goes off (unless I'm supposed to stop it somehow, which I remember it being a scripted event that will always happen) but the recy destroyed event occurs and says mission failed.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

yup, old experimental physics were in some tracked units. :oops: fixed that locally. RT and AT work fine now on my end. :)
Axeminister
Sabre

Post by Axeminister »

Again we played on private build, Wasteland mpi map.
1). Again we both had a duplicate ship of ourselves sitting at base flickering, and we flicker also.
2). Noticed if you try to chose animals that when you slide the bar over to increase the number it starts at zero but the first option is 6666 and ends at like 9999999, something like that. Wanted to choose 3 and couldn't.
3). We played as Cerberi, as I built their base I was shot out of my ship and as I was floating. I was trying to see options in the fabricator under build and as new things to build popped up with more bio-metal I froze. Game quit when I hit esc with no messege. Will have to test that more. I had built their power, radar, creator and was looking for more buildings to choose from when one that costs 55 popped up and I froze.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

finished consolodating all the files intot he pak file except the bzn and map info files. Looks good.

Unsure about the phantom ships.

Forgot to mention that about the slider. I'll try to get it working, but in the meantime, just click to the right of the slider button and it will increment.

not sure about the crash. i'll try it myself.

Zax, Cargo ship in mission 4, you have to stay just ahead of it so it will follow you.

Zzzzzzzzz
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Red Devil wrote:finished consolodating all the files intot he pak file except the bzn and map info files. Looks good.

Unsure about the phantom ships.

Forgot to mention that about the slider. I'll try to get it working, but in the meantime, just click to the right of the slider button and it will increment.

not sure about the crash. i'll try it myself.

Zax, Cargo ship in mission 4, you have to stay just ahead of it so it will follow you.

Zzzzzzzzz
Yes I am aware of that. It just seems that any little turn it tries to make sends it spinning around.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

The driver is just scared and nervous is all. :?
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Red Devil wrote:The driver is just scared and nervous is all. :?
Scared and nervous that his commander might at any given time be inexplicably trapped in an exorbitantly long cutscene, thus rendered unable to protect him? :twisted:
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

:D i tweaked it. :geek:
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

i tried mission 4 late last night and there was no sequence error; mission proceeded normally. AI attacks are a bit much, but was able to handle them with turret spam.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Last thoughts on Power Struggle before I proceed: Difficulty curve is fine. FE is hard for a reason, I found it survivable.

DLL sequence error did not occur on my second go through of a save file. Must have been a one off thing.

As far as the movies go? They are either set WAYYY too long or never end; I always had to hit space bar to stop them from lasting forever. After the dialogue ended on many of them, the camera would just orbit a blank area with no action or dialogue. This can't be intentional. I could time one if you'd like but it is easily over a minute of nothing happening.

Finally, two things. I am nitpicking.
Mission ends before the final voiceover is done.
Mega Gun what? I must know!!! .inf fail.

I meant 3 things. She said she was dispatching more assault units but they never came. Could that be because I already had some?
Back to mission 3 for a second but this is more an observation than a to-do addition since it cannot be changed, but the scavenger that is called "Observe" is called a scavenger in the voiceover, before the EDF know what the function of that vehicle is ;)

That's it from me until the next update. Rocket tank physics on the current version are a bit too much to stomach ;)
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

Saw a message for edf0312.wav missing and fixed it.

Renamed Hadean Arsenal to Weapons Vat to be resolve differences in .inf files and other instances.

Fixed places where is said Service Bay; changed to Regenerator and Repair Vat.

Added missing map pics for map list in IA

Tweaked cfg's windows to be the same size in MP

Going to go out to dinner, then will post a full zipper.
ADMIRAL MANSON
Thunderbolt

Post by ADMIRAL MANSON »

Red Devil wrote:Saw a message for edf0312.wav missing and fixed it.

Renamed Hadean Arsenal to Weapons Vat to be resolve differences in .inf files and other instances.

Cool. Waiting to download and test this as well for SP and IA. Will see if anything missed anything when I have free time.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

ADMIRAL MANSON wrote:
Red Devil wrote:Saw a message for edf0312.wav missing and fixed it.

Cool. Waiting to download and test this as well for SP and IA. Will see if anything missed anything when I have free time.
Good, it's very hard to test single player alone. I can't break everything or INF check everything, etc.
labmice00
Thunderbolt

Post by labmice00 »

I tested this out, and chose CP MPI: Golem. The teams were Hadean (Me) and EDF.

When I entered the world, the console popped up saying that it was missing "ibrtowt_ecldfnd.odf, ivturr_evturr.odf, ibrecturr1_ebrectul" , each about 4 times

It was only for this map though.