Culled FE Posts

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

Zax
Attila

Re: Forgotten Enemies for PB6

Post by Zax »

Bowing down shall commence in 5, 4, 3...
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

Slaor, Pastel, et al, deserve the respect. i'm just the night janitor.

mission 3 plays okay for me.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Red Devil wrote:Slaor, Pastel, et al, deserve the respect. i'm just the night janitor.

mission 3 plays okay for me.
With I had access to my desktop. I want to wring this to pieces, but alas...

I remember the cinematic being different in the 1.2. It showed a long side shot of the dropship, before it actually crashed, instead of drifting through a mountain.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

It shows the long side shot on my end.

Uploading an Update Five. Strat DLL was missing, plus some other Strat assets.
{bac}$tar
Scrap

Post by {bac}$tar »

And about that large radar/minimap when you in a vehicle?
VSMIT
Sabre

Post by VSMIT »

{bac}$tar wrote:And about that large radar/minimap when you in a vehicle?
Learn to read.
AHadley wrote:As mentioned previously, copy your localprefs.ini into FEAddon (or FE_13_Addon, or whatever it is called. I changed mine.)
{bac}$tar
Scrap

Post by {bac}$tar »

thats the problem iv done that but i dont what to do next

[Edit] Found the problem thx for the help
Axeminister
Sabre

Post by Axeminister »

Windy and I played FE on private beta. We played Trench mpi map.
1). By default the amount of players that could join was 1, changed to 4 to let Windy in.
2). Through entire game Windy's ship flickered and she had a doppelganger at base that just sat there and flickered even more. To Windy I had the same effect, my ship flickered and I had a doppelganger sitting at base flickering even more so. Don't forget we have windows 7 64 bit.
3). Con has to get right up on things to demo them, this is probably a 1.3 thing, but you used to be able to demo a portal from below it if there was a hill, the con would be able to do it, now he just spins in circles forever.
4). Factory mortar is only Artillary, and when I dropped an mdm on a sabre it wouldn't take it.
5). Rocket tanks appear to be trying to fall through terrain. When they drive they are making a wheelie the entire way, if sat onto bay it's as if they are about to fall through it because they tip down into it about halfway.
6). I know your personal bio-metal gauge was left in by mistake, but it would work except it displays there are only ever two pools at bottom and at top displays upgraded pools from top down, something in it is just reversed.
7). The information that appears in the middle of the screen should be at top left. Someone said you could get rid of it a certain way but you only need to press alt-F to get rid of it.

We will test more soon.
Axeminister and Windy
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

I will view the movie again. If it still looks ugly I will youtube what I see.

It doesn't help that I'm the only one testing the single player (that's gonna be tough) but there aren't many people on it right now and we are all testing different aspects. It'll be slow going from me on the SP front though because I have to actually WIN the missions to progress ;)

Edit: As far as rocket tank slippage, I'm willing to bet that some old vehicle files snuck in.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Mission 3 with the exception of the wonky intro was beatable with the fixed gun towers.

Onto mission 4, which sends another runtime error on load.

Also, this upon every load of save game or start of mission.

Edit again (I'm just gonna keep a running list when I play a mission)

The compy, the little guy uses squish.wav, which is the sound a pilot uses when sniped, including the grunt "blegh!" every time he is hit. Don't know if that is intentional.

Also, to the list, it is extraordinarily hard after the rec deploys ;)

Kinda makes me wish it we coop :D
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

Adjusted the default players to 4 for MPI and 8 for Strat.

Ghosted ship and crig demo range are wonkiness due to the engine, i reckon.

fixed the factory mortar/arty thing.

the only rocket tank files in FE are odf's and textures. Commando has some meshes under addon in the private.

The scrap bar thing is probably due to some of the recyclers have a shorter scrap delay, so that affects the color of the recycler's scrap bar.

the info in the middle of the screen is the aip debugger, activated by the gameprefs file that snuck in. i'll probably just post another full build to get rid of all that stuff.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

Found that Mt. St. Helens MP map was missing and found it in my downloads folder; will include in next update.

...and so it goes...

I want to thank you guys for testing this and bearing up under the errors. Much appreciated.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Is there to be a branch in the update where a new maps folder isn't needed? It may seem trivial but it took 45 minutes - 1 hour to download last night on my limited connection.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Attila sucks, as seen in mission 4. Zeus makes walker want to use assault lasers instead of the blast, which is more effective. Same with an assault tank loaded with mortars. It had mortars and attempted to use those on a Zeus, which it failed to do at all. It just dumbly tracked it.

If a walker has a small elevation change blocking it from its target, it'll simply bobble its head up and down stupidly while it gets fired on instead of seeking a better position.

Also, I can confirm the rocket tanks have a "floaty" tendency, much like a rocket tank fresh from 1.2 to 1.3 would have.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

i think i will post another full zip to get rid of the scrap and other cfg's that snuck in.

I can definitely fix the walker and a-tank problems. rocket tank might just be some wonky physics settings.