Attila

Re: VSR mod

Post by Red Spot »

True. I missread your post.
SUB-0
Thunderbolt

Post by SUB-0 »

Hi ZA yes remember the days playing VSR was a lot of fun especially the hadean race gave more choices....not crazy about the ice cream race that's just an opinion ....kinda wondered if other races like ze mod or uler just examples...who knows what races could also be included? ALSO JUST AN OPINION ....of cours with modifications.
and the attempt to finaly address the balancing of isdf and scion...which has been one of ....without question hottest topics ever posted...even in the old bzunivers forum...

Its the beauty of bz2 and what has cept me here is the modability of this game.
If you play bz2 ? you'd appreciate VSR for what it has become.
Nice to be able to create something in your own ideal game ...or what you'd like to see bz2 more like .
different opinions help refine sometimes things we may have overlooked of cours, Should be taken or left out of the project its up to you
I personaly hacked so many mods apart interesting to see the different ways they are constructed.
Nice job thanx for the mod.
SUB-0
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

It would be nice to work with ZA when we come to expand the content of BZRAP.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

ZE mod assets aren't allowed to be used in any other mods.

Aside from Lizard's rant, it is the only mod I know of who's assets aren't allowed to be used.
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

BZRAP might have an exception to that, Nielk would know for sure.
SUB-0
Thunderbolt

Post by SUB-0 »

Yeah maybe with SpAce's permission I think he would thow! to keep his mod going I spoke to him b4 briefly seems like an easy going guy ... Anyways it was just an example .UEP, ZTV, VSR, g66 seem to be the mods a lot of players are interested in theses days also FE if it was ported over to 6.3 not sure.

Going off topic a bit there.. well VSR is an interesting mod of course strat player orientated if i'm not mistaken unless ZA added mpi s ...has all the elements needed since it was not just theory slapped together..its was a lot of beta testing as well ...thrue a process of naturel selection weps and ships where as balanced as possible by vet players ...which worked closely with ZA last time I was around.
I remember playing it often ...very engaging and with team speak added that extra something ...fighting the evil team 2 well was alot fun hehehe.
don't wana tell anyone what to do just a cool mod .
SUB-0
Thunderbolt

Post by SUB-0 »

Oh my is bzrap actually going to come out AHadley ?...well you always seem to be on the pulse of things :)
lol just noticed above did I just say? '' if FE was ported over to 6.3 not sure '' ? I meant ported over to 6.4 ishhh lol
back from night shift need some sleep.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

I'm part of the team working on it. All of us have other things to do - university courses, jobs, other mods, etc. Progress is painfully slow.
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

SUB-0 wrote:Hi ZA yes remember the days playing VSR was a lot of fun especially the hadean race gave more choices....not crazy about the ice cream race that's just an opinion ....kinda wondered if other races like ze mod or uler just examples...who knows what races could also be included? ALSO JUST AN OPINION ....of cours with modifications.
and the attempt to finaly address the balancing of isdf and scion...which has been one of ....without question hottest topics ever posted...even in the old bzunivers forum...

Its the beauty of bz2 and what has cept me here is the modability of this game.
If you play bz2 ? you'd appreciate VSR for what it has become.
Nice to be able to create something in your own ideal game ...or what you'd like to see bz2 more like .
different opinions help refine sometimes things we may have overlooked of cours, Should be taken or left out of the project its up to you
I personaly hacked so many mods apart interesting to see the different ways they are constructed.
Nice job thanx for the mod.
SUB-0
Yeah, I've heard some complaints about IC as well. I think it's due to the fact that they more or less were designed to err on the side of being underpowered. I definitely think that they could use some improvement here and there, maybe some tweaks to their scavenger handling, treaded/walker unit speed as well as midgame units and weapons to make them more compelling to play. If you have any requests for specific improvements to IC, then let me know.

As far as adding other races, that idea is something I would consider; but there are several criteria for the inclusion of new races including quality (finished, polished races -- so no Rotons for example), balance (Balancing Cerberi for example, would be a large task), permission (none of Lizard's FS races). Uler is a race that I would consider for inclusion, but I would have to get in contact with Coxxon (the creator), and having someone get the ball rolling on doing a proper 1.3 conversion would certainly speed things up.
Regulators
Regulate any stealin' of this biometal pool, we're damn good, too
But you can't be any geek off the street
Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean
Earn your keep
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

The issue I've had with adding new races is many mods change the balance by adding new units to the existing races too. FE added rocket bombers for example. One of the major sticking points with BZRAP, aside from time to work on it, is coming up with what version of each race to use.

FS2 added a new unit to the Phar Rhan, the Cerberi have at least 2 notable variations, the Raven Claw and Black Dogs serve as variations of the EDF that don't necessarily work well in isolation. The Uler added the "Command Tank" class unit to all sides, etc.
SUB-0
Thunderbolt

Post by SUB-0 »

I'm a hard cridict also when it comes to what is balanced ...it's simple math ....just impossible to completely balance something unless they are identical...
and some races were made way over powered to begin with ...overkill to be exact. Any races would need to be modified and mirrored equal and opposite to the other races as possible without being identical ...also choosing a race that has the right look...I forgot the dune mod could also to...and the way ships fly could be changed as well ...bz classic mod would be cool addition to such a project ...since many played bz1 and still play it today. bz1 has 3 races ...all you need is deployable scavs ...I have modified flanker ship for example to fly like scouts or even fly in air like a plane. Might be an interesting twist to see bz1 races in there ...
well it is fun to talk about the possibilities.
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

*shudder* flying flanker? I cruise around in this:

Ofc, I'll prefer to fly around in this as soon as somebody makes me a model :)

Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
SUB-0
Thunderbolt

Post by SUB-0 »

Oh yeah ...nice wheels ....you got power windows in that puppy ?...hehehe
The first pic looks like the ELITE CORPS mod ship....I have it but never tested it out. The one below would be nice model to work on for sure yes.
like a hover chopper ...looks mean for sure cool.
I just love the bz1 ships
The ships could be matched like razor could be scout class........ grizzly could be saber class ect ...
balance could be evened out such as weps and ship flying capabilities.
and bz1 has the look and feel to be a candidate for sure yes
possibly even attract bz1 players to the mod
since there are already bz1 players here :)
well I have the hole collection from Red Odessey ,battlegrounds and the gold pack .its a prize collection for sure I gelouslly guard from my kids lol..
don't mind all my spelling errors ...
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Several Elite Corps ships were based on the concept art from the expansion, I think. At the very least they look very similar.

Oh, Sub-0; if you have a boxed copy of TRO, what does it have in it? Trying to find out what's in all the boxes for the wiki. :)
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

SUB-0 wrote:well I have the hole collection from Red Odessey ,battlegrounds and the gold pack .its a prize collection for sure I gelouslly guard from my kids lol..
"pics or it dint hapen" :lol: