Forgotten Enemies for 1.3.6.5 BETA

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

Red Spot
Attila

Re: Forgotten Enemies for 1.3.6.5 BETA

Post by Red Spot »

Red Devil wrote:took a chunk out of the cornea of my left (good) eye and have a patch on it now for a few days, so can only use right (bad) eye right now, which makes this a challenge for now. which map is that?
Go sit on your head. That way your right becomes your left eye.....
You do know you cant break down untill FE is simply perfect, do you? ☺
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

heh

slept 13 hours and just took patch off an hour ago and it feels a *lot* better after the steroid/antibiotic drops have worked awhile.

seeing eye surgeon on monday for right eye, so maybe they can fix it.

in the meantime, back to fixing colonel stewart's nagging in cloak of deception.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Take care RD.
AI_Unit
Thunderbolt

Post by AI_Unit »

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help whilst you're waiting on surgery RD, take care man.
Current Mod: AI's Expansion Pack

AI_Unit was here.
Doomer_Junge
Drunken Constructor

Post by Doomer_Junge »

Hello, I am new here and I want to "help" you to report bugs in this mod. At first I want to say "thank you" to Red Devil and Ai_Unit for some bug fixes.

I read that some members could not run the mission "Into the Fire". Well, I had the same problem when I installed BZ2 and patched directly to 1.3. But I had an other folder for BZ2 with 1.2 and Forgotten Enemies, because I recorded my walkthrough for this mod. Once I upgraded this folder and installed FE13 the mission still working.
You can try the same way: Install BZ2 -> Patch 1.1 (necessary?) -> Patch 1.2 -> Forgotten Enemies (necessary?) -> 1.3.6.5 -> Forgotten Enemies 1.3

This mission has three Bugs:
  • Once Hadean Creator repairs the bridge he cannot be integrated into a group and follow other orders like building generators and gun towers. Also I do not know if the Creator can demolish portals.
  • When you want rescue Schulz and blow off a wall of the fortess via the nuke, there nothing happens. No blackscreen of the explosion and the wall is still in place
  • Schulz's and creator's cutscene are slow than the original part. It is weak because the cutscene itself is finished but not the camera. The only way to skip these cutscenes is saving actual status and (re-)load the saved game.
I believe the biggest problems of this 1.3 mod are improved AIs from 1.3-Patch and the slow cutscenes. In 1.2 you could easly defeat the enemies with circle-strafing. Now it is more difficult and the easy mode has enough challange, or I am a noob :?
Some cutscenes work very good (in example the beginning cutscene of "Emperor's new Claws"), the most cutscenes are too slow and a few cutscenes are extremly buggy like in "Firing Back".

I am sorry for my bad english. It is very rusty...
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

OK, first thing to note is that you should never install 1.3 on top of a previous patched installation. Install BZ2, then go straight to 1.3.6.5. This helps to avoid files left over from previous patches and mods installed on them "polluting" 1.3. This might be the cause of some of the bugs you have encountered.

The rest of the bugs are down to Red Devil to discuss; I've not dug too far into his version of FE.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
AI_Unit
Thunderbolt

Post by AI_Unit »

Doomer_Junge wrote:Hello, I am new here and I want to "help" you to report bugs in this mod. At first I want to say "thank you" to Red Devil and Ai_Unit for some bug fixes.

I read that some members could not run the mission "Into the Fire". Well, I had the same problem when I installed BZ2 and patched directly to 1.3. But I had an other folder for BZ2 with 1.2 and Forgotten Enemies, because I recorded my walkthrough for this mod. Once I upgraded this folder and installed FE13 the mission still working.
You can try the same way: Install BZ2 -> Patch 1.1 (necessary?) -> Patch 1.2 -> Forgotten Enemies (necessary?) -> 1.3.6.5 -> Forgotten Enemies 1.3

This mission has three Bugs:
  • Once Hadean Creator repairs the bridge he cannot be integrated into a group and follow other orders like building generators and gun towers. Also I do not know if the Creator can demolish portals.
  • When you want rescue Schulz and blow off a wall of the fortess via the nuke, there nothing happens. No blackscreen of the explosion and the wall is still in place
  • Schulz's and creator's cutscene are slow than the original part. It is weak because the cutscene itself is finished but not the camera. The only way to skip these cutscenes is saving actual status and (re-)load the saved game.
I believe the biggest problems of this 1.3 mod are improved AIs from 1.3-Patch and the slow cutscenes. In 1.2 you could easly defeat the enemies with circle-strafing. Now it is more difficult and the easy mode has enough challange, or I am a noob :?
Some cutscenes work very good (in example the beginning cutscene of "Emperor's new Claws"), the most cutscenes are too slow and a few cutscenes are extremly buggy like in "Firing Back".

I am sorry for my bad english. It is very rusty...

Yeah RD made an honest mistake with that mission. He left the map pointing towards a Test.dll when making some fixes, I think he's fixed it and will soon be releasing the patch. There's a problem with 1.3 currently where you can't skip cutscenes but as far as I know, that's been fixed. Thanks for the feedback too. This mod is still being patched up so glitches will occur, if you notice anything else, just post it here and it'll get fixed.

AI_Unit was here.
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

You should be able to install 1.3 on top of previous versions just fine, as long as no mods installed things into the data or missions folders. It's recommended to install on a clean disk install, installing older patches first is unnecessary, just install the latest patch you want to use.
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
Doomer_Junge
Drunken Constructor

Post by Doomer_Junge »

I upgraded BZ2 directly to 1.3 before, but then I could not play "Into the Fire". That is strange, because some persons said that this mission worked until the latest patch (1.3.6.5) was released. I could never play it, hm.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Doomer_Junge wrote:I upgraded BZ2 directly to 1.3 before, but then I could not play "Into the Fire". That is strange, because some persons said that this mission worked until the latest patch (1.3.6.5) was released. I could never play it, hm.
As AI_Unit pointed out that's because the version of Into the Fire in the release you were using was pointing to the wrong script. For it to be working I would assume it didn't overwrite the 1.2 version of the mission when you installed the new version, so it's a wonder it didn't crash or throw serious bugs elsewhere.

Of course the problem with that is that if you were reporting one of the bugs you found in your Frankenversion, Red Devil would be trying to fix things that aren't actually there.

Someone else can probably explain that better than me, it's early and I'm only on my first coffee.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Doomer_Junge
Drunken Constructor

Post by Doomer_Junge »

AHadley wrote:
Doomer_Junge wrote:I upgraded BZ2 directly to 1.3 before, but then I could not play "Into the Fire". That is strange, because some persons said that this mission worked until the latest patch (1.3.6.5) was released. I could never play it, hm.
As AI_Unit pointed out that's because the version of Into the Fire in the release you were using was pointing to the wrong script. For it to be working I would assume it didn't overwrite the 1.2 version of the mission when you installed the new version, so it's a wonder it didn't crash or throw serious bugs elsewhere.

Of course the problem with that is that if you were reporting one of the bugs you found in your Frankenversion, Red Devil would be trying to fix things that aren't actually there.

Someone else can probably explain that better than me, it's early and I'm only on my first coffee.
Okay, I clean up my BZ2 folder, install directly the latest patch and wait for Red Devil's (and Ai_Unit) updates.
AI_Unit
Thunderbolt

Post by AI_Unit »

I'll do a run through of the mission and see what's going on. I'll fix the map so it points towards to the correct DLL for now, I'll have a look for more errors whilst I'm running through it.

AI_Unit was here.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

it won't help to point to the correct dll because i'm using a heavily modified one here, plus the new version of the scriptor has a problem outside the editor. if i can't get it working, i'm considering converting it to c++.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

AI_Unit
Thunderbolt

Post by AI_Unit »

Well I'll see what I can do feedback wise then. I could try converting to C++ but maybe I should leave that to you, I thought it would be good practice for myself.

AI_Unit was here.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

sure, go for it if you like.
Abraham Lincoln