Cerberi in FE Instant Action

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

JuiceBox
Sober Scav

Cerberi in FE Instant Action

Post by JuiceBox »

Hi everyone! It's been a while since I last played BZ2, but like so many others I find myself continually returning to it. It really is a timeless game (made more so by the dedicated community).
Firstly, I'd like to thank the people who continue to put effort into modding/patching this game. You allow the people like me who are usually too lazy to learn how to mod to reap the benefits of your hard work, and I really appreciate that.
Which brings me to the point of this post: in Forgotten Enemies Instant Action, the Cerberi don't work (as opponents). The AI only builds scavs, constructors, and one power. I was wondering if any later versions have fixed this issue, or if it's a problem only I'm having. I'm using the 1.3pb6 version of FE, but I do recall the 1.2 version having the same problem.
The objective box comes up with a bunch of warnings about pathpoints in the aip files. As a non-modder (aside from a few weapons and incomplete maps), I'm not sure exactly what that means, but am I right in saying that the AI doesn't know where to build certain buildings in its base, so can't progress beyond that first stage?
Red Devil
Recycler

Re: Cerberi in FE Instant Action

Post by Red Devil »

have you tried the most recent version, updated last week?
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
JuiceBox
Sober Scav

Post by JuiceBox »

You mean the 1.3.6.5 one? No, not yet. My internet has been atrociously slow the past few weeks and I can't really download any large files. Is this issue fixed in that version?
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

I tried several IA maps, both 3-way and Instant, I couldn't get cerberi to spawn
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
JuiceBox
Sober Scav

Post by JuiceBox »

Was that in pb6.2?
With me, if I don't change anything in the Instant Action menu pre-game (except the human and AI races, of course), the enemy Recycler will spawn, but a whole bunch of warnings come up in the chat box and the AI won't progress further than building scavs and a fabricator (sometimes they will go as far as building a power).
I've been using the map Alien Dunes to test it.

Also, another question: when I check for games in multiplayer, I get a message saying that the server list could not be found or something like that. Assuming it's not my dodgy internet (which it very well could be), what could the reason for this be? Is it just because there are no games being hosted at the times I've checked? Previously, even if people were playing a different version of BZ2, the games would still show up on the list.

I've been away from the game for so long I've forgotten a lot of the ins and outs, and I was never exactly an expert to begin with. However, I really would like to start getting into it more and start developing my skills (which are, I'm afraid to say, quite deplorable at this stage).
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

a bunch of the IA maps i collected and included have custom DLL's, so they won't use the cerberi race.

the FE Variety maps spawn the cerberi race.

i'll look at the IA and 3-way DLL's.

would appreciate some feedback on the fe singleplayer missions.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

JuiceBox
Sober Scav

Post by JuiceBox »

Red Devil wrote:a bunch of the IA maps i collected and included have custom DLL's, so they won't use the cerberi race.

the FE Variety maps spawn the cerberi race.
Okay, thanks. As I said, I've been using Dunes to test it out, which I'm pretty sure is just the stand AIPs.
I haven't tested it out recently, but I do recall the AI being unable to use Cerberi in the Variety maps as well. I'll check that out soon, and I'll also download 1.3.6.5 and try that one out.
Red Devil wrote:would appreciate some feedback on the fe singleplayer missions.
Sure, once I've finished FS2 and my internet has returned to normal so I can download the latest patch and version of FE, I'll play through the campaign again (seriously one of the best campaigns in the history of video games, aside from the bugs) and report any nasties.

Would it be helpful for me to post up video recordings of any bugs I encounter?
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

thanks; only if words can't convey it well. would need mission name and what point in the mission and what was happening (or supposed to happen).
Abraham Lincoln