Problems with installing Mods in 1.2

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

Zero Angel
Attila

Re: Problems with installing Mods in 1.2

Post by Zero Angel »

You could try the win2k fix. Honestly, I forget exactly what it does and what OSes it applies to, but I believe it fixes an issue having to do with the keyboard or input devices
http://www.bzscrap.org/downloads/Utilit ... kpatch.zip

Make sure to back up the bzone.exe before applying this patch since it changes bzone.exe and may have side effects.
Regulators
Regulate any stealin' of this biometal pool, we're damn good, too
But you can't be any geek off the street
Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean
Earn your keep
Cerberus
Drunken Scav

Post by Cerberus »

I already deinstalled the game from my Xp comp, as it also had sound malfunction on it.
Tried your hint with my other PC (vista) and a complete re-install. Dind not work. However, the Fix only seems to influence the standard bzone.exe anyways, not the FeBz.exe, which is needed to launch the Mod. Nevertheless, thanks for the hint.

I also tried installing FE on 1.3.1, with a FE version that is supposedly created for 1.3, but this did not work neither.
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Cerberus wrote:@ Red Spot:
Space-button is not binded, still. Seems not to be a vista-only problem. Well, maybe it isn't meant to be. I don't know.

And regarding your question: Yes, I got *.pak files in my game directory. I count 6. bumps, data, fedata, lgtex, mdtex, smtex.
OK, than I'm lost :)
Figured it probably wouldnt be the problem, but now its confirmed.

You could try what ZA suggests, but first google the crap out of the update so you know what it exactly does. Since its on bzscrap it is probably something usefull :D
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Please note that you will not be able to find any online games with 1.2 as gamespy stopped supporting bz2.
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

MrTwosheds wrote:Please note that you will not be able to find any online games with 1.2 as gamespy stopped supporting bz2.
Silly 2Sheds .. :P
From the first post: "I was a really good player years ago, but I am not able to win the single player campaigns in FE and Uler due to the new AI and aim code incorporated in the 1.3 patch. Enemies are too strong for me, aim to well, attacking groups in campaigns arrive to early, play too aggressive."
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

MrTwosheds wrote:Please note that you will not be able to find any online games with 1.2 as gamespy stopped supporting bz2.
Gamespy QR1 versions (1.0-1.3.5.x) still technically work, but nobody plays those versions these days.

Kebbz made the game lister for GS QR1 and we have it hosted here: http://bz2maps.us/gamelist.php
Regulators
Earn your keep
Cerberus
Drunken Scav

Post by Cerberus »

Well, as I said, I haven't been playing online for years, last time it was with version 1.2. Thus I doubt that you guys would have as team mate anyways ;)

As Red Spot pointed out, I wanted to install 1.2 for the single player campaigns primarily, due to the aggressive AI code I registrated while playing on FE and Uler on 1.3.6.2.
Is there another patch version (maybe 1.3.1 or so, at least other than 1.3.6.2) that doesn't come with this difficult AI and allows FE and other mods to run flawless?
I have seen and checked the Topic "how to install FE on 1.3" but somehow, I do not manage to understand the install-manual given in there. The guys are talking about downloading certain files, but the links to these files are broken.

Well, as always, any hint welcome.
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

Unfortunately, the AI is more difficult in general in any version of 1.3. I remember that 1.2FE used to work on 1.3 PB3 and trying that, and even then the missions were more difficult due to the improved AI. The original FE was made for 1.2's AI so the difficulty level naturally goes up when the AI becomes better at aiming and no other compensations are made.

Nielk1 is working on an FE redux project but that won't be ready for a few months. He may do something with difficulty then, although getting the campaign working without bugs is his first priority.
Regulators
Earn your keep