Interested in making VSR IC Aip and Compatiblity for IA maps

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

Ganger132
Drunken Scav

Interested in making VSR IC Aip and Compatiblity for IA maps

Post by Ganger132 »

Hi Guys, since i Reinstalled Battlezone 2 two Months ago i was really happy to see the Community Project of bz2 and that some Guys playing online.
I Downloaded and tested G66,FE2,UEP and VSR in detail

As shown in the MPI windows u searching for people that are interested in making Icecream race Aip´s .
I read some Tutorials about making Aip and i got Aip-Editor and the know how for making aip with IC files.

But, im just starting with this and maybe someone can give me hints which Plan Types are relevant for
successfully working Aip´s.

Also im really would like making Hadean Race working for IA maps,maybe its already in Devolpment i dont know. But I want to help.
Just tell me how to convert them and i will make this.

Fell free to post or PN me.
Red Spot
Attila

Re: Interested in making VSR IC Aip and Compatiblity for IA

Post by Red Spot »

Ganger132 wrote:As shown in the MPI windows u searching for people that are interested in making Icecream race Aip´s .
You really are on the wrong forum if you want to discuss that.
Go to bz2maps.us to discuss that.
Ganger132
Drunken Scav

Post by Ganger132 »

Just registered

Edit: Just created my first working IA Map.

I Read some more Tutorials and im able to creating Aip´s and convert ST for my own now.
AI_Unit
Thunderbolt

Post by AI_Unit »

Ganger132 wrote:Just registered

Edit: Just created my first working IA Map.

I Read some more Tutorials and im able to creating Aip´s and convert ST for my own now.
I hope it's 1.3 AIP code and not the AIP editor...
Current Mod: AI's Expansion Pack

AI_Unit was here.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Forwarded him to ZA... thinks maybe he took in the "wider implications" of this idea and decided to do something else with his life. :lol:
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

The development version of VSR has fully working MPI that can be activated on any VSR:ST map. We have working AIPs for all races and have even implemented custom AIP scripting which greatly simplifies the process of writing AIPs.

The AIPs will need tweaking though, to ensure that they're fun to play against.

I'm also going to roll out a system to push live updates to all testers, so it'll allow us to tweak AIPs and have anyone in the testing group to receive it immediately, as well as iron out bugs prior to doing a big public release.
Regulators
Regulate any stealin' of this biometal pool, we're damn good, too
But you can't be any geek off the street
Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean
Earn your keep
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

and have even implemented custom AIP scripting which greatly simplifies the process of writing AIPs.
How's that work then?
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

MrTwosheds wrote:
and have even implemented custom AIP scripting which greatly simplifies the process of writing AIPs.
How's that work then?
1) The AIPs no longer need AIP files for each individual target race thanks to making use of virtual classes.

Code: Select all

[plan19]
plantype = "attacker"
planpriority = 125
targettype = "Virtual_Class_Guntower"
targettype1 = "Virtual_Class_PowerPlant"
targettype2 = "Virtual_Class_Armory"
attacktype1 = "evwalk_vsr"
attacktype2 = "evkami_vsr"
attacktype3 = "evtanks_12vsr"
AttackAnything = true
maxAttacks = 0
2) We have done away with the use of some of the individual sub-AIPs (e.g. 1,3,L,S,A) and put everything into one AIP file per race. We may expand it so that each race can make use of multiple plans, similar to how stock ISDF AIPs can use either the mortarbike plan (3) or the assault tank plan (1)

3) There is a lesser need for extra ship variants, as VSR uses extra config files per unit to specify what random weapons the CPU team will put on each ship (if it meets the tech requirements for that point of the game).
Regulators
Earn your keep
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

In order to appropriately test bugs, develop features and tweak balance for the next big release of VSR. We will be collecting interested people to be testers for VSR-Alpha.

The details of VSR-Alpha are this:
  • VSR Alpha is the current development state of VSR.
  • As developers and contributors make changes to VSR-Alpha, all contributors and testers will receive these changes in real time.
  • This allows us to deliver updates and bug fixes immediately, aiming for a more bug-free version of VSR for the next full release.
  • While VSR-Alpha is largely feature-complete, there are some unfinished bits here and there and things may be subject to change. Testers should realize that they are playing the current development version of VSR and not a finished product.
  • Testers must be willing to install a program called 'Seafile' on their computer, as this is the vehicle in which we will be using to push live updates.
The main goals of the next VSR release which VSR-Alpha is implementing are
  • Fine balance tweaks (the balance in 4.4pre2 is very good, so all tweaks will be very minor)
  • Further improvements to IC
  • Better race integration (IC and Hadean will no longer show up as 'other', for example.)
  • All VSR ST/FFA maps will support MPI mode.
  • MPI mode will be designed to appeal more towards strat-like players, and we will be soliciting input from strat players about this mode.
If you're interested in joining the testing team then please let me know, or speak to General Blackdragon who can also grant you access. We can add your email address to the list of accounts that have access to our repository.
Last edited by Zero Angel on Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regulators
Earn your keep
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Sets traps for poachers. :lol:
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

MrTwosheds wrote:
How's that work then?
For instance as I mentioned a few times already. Use something like excel and some vba to streamline you AIP's and make a lot of stuff redundand (let excel/vba take care of it) and use virtual classes. Its easy and you can make a whole bunch of different (not more/less difficult) AIPs by simply changing some plans, basebuild plans stay the same anyway, so just filter them out and focus on the attack-plans and whatever else you want to use. And if you have a dll that does the attacks, its just plans for building units.
And there you can even get an errorchecking function since you know what units have what requirement and let vba check if you have things set up in the correct order.