Future of the BZ2 mods

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Re: Future of the BZ2 mods

Post by General BlackDragon »

Ooo yea, a recy variant would be very good way to go since it wouldn't cause bad assets in MP.

Either that, or we all beg and endorse GSH to include them in the next 1.3 patch...
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
Commando
Flying Mauler

Post by Commando »

The only problem is map-specific props.

Obviously those can't be handled by a recycler variant.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Either that, or we all beg and endorse GSH to include them in the next 1.3 patch...
This sort of change is really in the domain of Full Mods, I would have thought. There would be so many issues that would cause grown Vets to burst into tears and so much debugging to be done by testers that don't exist, that it would be near impossible to implement.
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

will you be making new maps and sound effects, too, coxxon?
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
Progressor
Thunderbolt

Post by Progressor »

I'm happy with that appraisal considering it is so old, though I don't know what others have done to get it to work in pb1.3
Meanwile, coxxon, it works fine with the latest patch except the last mission where the device explodes, you reach safe distance and stay there forever because mission does not end. But this does not matter at all as well as some textures still look like "Modder, make the dxtbz2". There is a few glitches in other missions like "Heroes of the Bravo Wetlands" where the Recycler cannot build an "Undeploy" but overall stability is excellent and the mod is 90% playable. Looking forward to getting the refreshments and fixes. If you are going to do this, I can replay the SP campaign again and provide detailed info about inconsistencies, balance, etc.
RotatorX
Sober Scav

Post by RotatorX »

coxxon wrote: I"ve been redoing the models for the game (higher poly, more anims, effects). I have about 280 rebuilt/modified msh models with a few left to go. It's supposed to overlay/replace the stock stuff. When included with my previously released texture mod it really helps update the overall look of the game. Hopefully it'll at least look more 2009 rather than 1999.
oh mang

Could you give us a teaser? I'm very interested.
Battlezone Classic Tester
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

coxxon's got his own wormhole generator...he just appears every so often with news of huge significance and then mysteriously vanishes again leaving unanswered questions in his wake. :)
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.