So Coxxon, how have you spent 2015?

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

DeusExCeteri
Rattler

Re: So Coxxon, how have you spent 2015?

Post by DeusExCeteri »

I was merely saying I like more muted colours, the neon schemes are garish, absolutely hideous.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

coxxon wrote:
MrTwosheds wrote:Bright identifying colours are actually fairly essential in a game like this, it is more like hand to hand combat than real modern warfare.
Yeah, it really is a lot of close up fight, and there really isn't much use for camo in this game. If there was, what color would one use? Us older folks, or at least the BZI crowd, are kinda used to drab green, but really, since most of Western culture seems to fight in the Middle East these days, we've gotten a whole generation of gamers who probably think of military ground vehicles as being tan rather than green. That said, it might have been neat if the game had used teamcolors in SP/IA and then be able to set up what color to use when the map was being built. That way you could have per map/planet camo ...
yuppers, that's on my wishlist, too - team colors ties to map terrain colors. 8-)

but, people are also free to set up and choose their team colors in localpres*.ini or via the console commands which were provided by GSH.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Not very difficult to do. I do not have it around anymore (deleted it while formatting my old systems HD), but you can set the shell/dll up to allow teamcolors to be selected pre-game while allowing a mapmaker to pre-set these values from the maps .inf file.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

i was meaning more automagically, without human interaction, but thanks for the advice :-)

oh, hey, that reminds me; OM made a small program for that awhile back: ColorPicker?

[EDIT] found it:

http://www.bzscrap.org/downloads/Utilit ... Picker.exe
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

The automagic approach would have the problem of finding that many maps only have one color. I think it might look urgh if you set it to that. :)
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
coxxon
Sabre

Post by coxxon »

Just in time for the holidays, the first version is out:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2472