So Coxxon, how have you spent 2015?

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

MrTwosheds
Recycler

Re: So Coxxon, how have you spent 2015?

Post by MrTwosheds »

It's single player mode, Poor old Braddock's gona have a fleet of AI Scions dropped on his sorry butt. The player just needs to be behind him using emp stream :)

You might want to increase the range at which he engages too coxxon, in stock you can spire walk him and he just sits there....
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
Axeminister
Sabre

Post by Axeminister »

I'm getting excited, I loved the SP missions and played them an un-countable amount of times.
He who does not advance themselves, endlessly becomes themselves.

http://www.reverbnation.com/tunepak/3606640
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

4x Blast would drain ammo at an incredible speed.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

true, but since it'll be a mod, there ways around that with ammoCost, addAmmo/aiAddAmmo and localAmmo/
addLocalAmmo. Thinking Thumper would be a good addition, too :-)
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
jack775544
Thunderbolt

Post by jack775544 »

The one problem with that mission to begin with is that it is just really really easy in vanilla. All you have to do is kill the pairs of ai units coming at you, since the isdf base seems to do nothing. Sorta kills the whole climactic finale part of the mission since the mission before sent waves of assault tanks, bombers and sabers at you.
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist" - Charles Baudelaire
coxxon
Sabre

Post by coxxon »

Still plugging along on various things. Though I think I'm beginning my 5th week of ready for "final testing," which still hasn't started.
Several of you noted map issues. I've seen alot of those too, and occasionally think to myself it would be nice to go through all of them again, both the maps and the scripts, but for now that's beyond the scope of what I wanted to do with this mod, (other than my non-gameplay story massaging and campaign joining). Plus it would mean several more months of work ... but maybe someday.

On the walkers which were mentioned, I did make slight change to them. While I kind of like the head on top, that seems like too radical of a change for a remodeling/HD mod, so instead I moved the guns up on the body, made their diameters smaller (which gives the appearance that they are longer even though they are not), and moved the head back and up. The cannons fire 2 meters higher than before. So not a full change, but one that has them shooting into the side of a hill a little less.

I've gotten missions isdf14 and scion07 working. I think I may have a go at isdf05 which still doesn't want to run correctly, since I need it to work for the revised campaign.

Now on to screenshots:

Braddock and bros taking up position in scion07.

Also modified walker appearance.

Shab gets a new hairdue, Burns gets a new head and bling, and the ISDF and Scion pilots now have eyes and noses.

Now that's a hole
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

I still wish you could fall INTO the hole, but...alas...that might cause headaches :D

OR u could do it, and add a shieldtower tap that makes things get shoved up really high, so you fall in then get kicked out really high in the air :D
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

coxxon, will you, uh, marry me?

looks gorgeous; really nice, well done, even. 8-)
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
coxxon
Sabre

Post by coxxon »

General BlackDragon wrote:I still wish you could fall INTO the hole, but...alas...that might cause headaches :D
OR u could do it, and add a shieldtower tap that makes things get shoved up really high, so you fall in then get kicked out really high in the air :D
Hmm, that is a thought. I also thought about putting some sort of grate floor over. Though from a map perspective, one could put lava over it set to blow you up real fast, but that would mean messing with the map, and I don't want to that at the moment.
coxxon
Sabre

Post by coxxon »

Red Devil wrote:coxxon, will you, uh, marry me? looks gorgeous; really nice, well done, even. 8-)
You'll have to take me out and wine and dine and get me drunk first. And I'm gonna need a really big engagement ring. :D
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

I want to steal his core textures. :twisted:
Up scaling some of those has been a persistent nightmare, just trying to get them so look like something other than a blurry mess...and then the bz2 devs went and used them as terrain too. Arg.
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

jack775544 wrote:The one problem with that mission to begin with is that it is just really really easy in vanilla. All you have to do is kill the pairs of ai units coming at you, since the isdf base seems to do nothing. Sorta kills the whole climactic finale part of the mission since the mission before sent waves of assault tanks, bombers and sabers at you.
Not really. Park a small army in front of the base and see if it lasts very long. The base sends out tanks and atanks and it will be rebuild if you do not take out the recy.
(Nitpicking; The atanks in the previous mission also do not come from the base, they are spawned and can be easilly taken care of.)
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

I like the look, but I'm not sure on the idea of Burns being fully Scion given the way the story implies that he's more human than the others.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
jack775544
Thunderbolt

Post by jack775544 »

Red Spot wrote:Not really. Park a small army in front of the base and see if it lasts very long. The base sends out tanks and atanks and it will be rebuild if you do not take out the recy.
(Nitpicking; The atanks in the previous mission also do not come from the base, they are spawned and can be easilly taken care of.)
That's weird, since i recently did the mission and the base would keep only build 3 tanks, 2 turrets, a constructor and a scavenger and they would sit in the base doing nothing.

@Coxxon: Loving the new walkers and that pit on Core looks amazing. I love the feeling of depth that it has now.
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist" - Charles Baudelaire
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

The AI seems to become more active once you've hurt them a bit. I've had a mission where I was just playing around and had 2 titans and some spires in front of the pool outside their base, ignored Betty for a while to find the AI again in control of the pool an none of my titans could be found.