How do I install battlezone 2 Forgotten Enemies

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

Baconboy
Attila

Re: How do I install battlezone 2 Forgotten Enemies

Post by Baconboy »

Red Devil wrote:you complete bunch of whining juveniles.

Red Devil wrote:*backhands all the noisy brats in the back seat*
Red Devil wrote:the best thing you can learn in life is that you know nothing

This is exactly what Nielk1 is talking about.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Red Devil wrote:you complete bunch of whining juveniles. you have a little college and learn new words like, 'canon' and 'college', then start repeating them every chance you get and suddenly you're all experts in everything...

i have worked on FE. sometimes i get brain numb from working on it, so i take a break. sometimes, i work on G66 or SpaceWars or ZTV or Uler in between testing private builds - something you are all unfamiliar with to say the least - or i play a game on steam of play some BF3 and sometimes i work on real life issues - which this is not.

i know *exactly* what needs to be done with FE. it's easy to bounce around in the back seat screaming, 'are we there yet! are we there yet! are we there yet!', but it's another thing to listen to it while you're trying to drive.

*backhands all the noisy brats in the back seat*

the best thing you can learn in life is that you know nothing and that it takes time and effort to accomplish anything - and time i have little of these days, especially for this nonsense.
First of all, the only person to mention 'college' here is you, and from your former posts you repeat it a lot. You just keep making personal attacks or using false comparisons when there are two simple things at play here. You have not fixed the basic bugs for converting the mods to the latest version, the task you took took up. Your attitude chases away prospective players and the technical issues resulting from your refusal to actually work on the issues and rather add new content to what was feature complete mods is preventing people from playing said mods.

If someone comes to me to try to get their FE13 working, and I have to tell then "it just won't do that, RD never fixed it in the X many years he's been updating it, he was too busy adding other stuff", something is wrong. First of all, why could this person not come to you? Second, why is what was supposed to an an 'update' job have you making new content?

Every time this is brought up, you whine and cry about how hard it is, and how little time you have, all while you are adding random things to each mod and ignoring the issues being pointed to you. Then, you have the gall to project your crying on those who point out the issues? Please, stop acting like a petty child. You are calling everyone children and the only one acting in that way is you.
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

I'm going to step in here to clarify something.
Red Devil wrote:i uploaded the 1.2 FE MPI source code to squirrel's bzscrap.org last year, but that didn't seem to help anything except maybe for gbd seeing how portals work.
Actually, I already had functioning portal code when I asked you for FE's. I was simply curious and wanted to compare the two. After reviewing FE's portal code, I've deduced the following: It's rigid and obsolete.

Here is a picture representation I have prepared for an analogy:

My Portal Code:

FE's Portal Code:

My portal code is completely from scratch, with help from some GMod friends with the Matrix calculations. I'd be happy to install the code into FE13's DM, ST, and MPI DLLs, so that portals will work. Will take me about an hour.
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

uh, doing that in public is frowned upon....

insulting BS-er's work will not get you brownie points, kiddo.

1.3 portal code is different from 1.2's and it does work.

now be a good boy, zip it up, and go stand in the corner.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

I've seen BS'ers work. It's good, for old 1.2. I said it's out dated. It can't look up custom values in the ODF, it can't make use of new DLL features added in 1.3. My code is flexible, portals are calibrated via odf settings, and my portals can be pre placed on a map, or built by a constructor.

I've played your FE 13 PB6. Portals do not work for humans. Go play DM Devils Tower.

Red Devil wrote:kiddo.
now be a good boy, zip it up, and go stand in the corner.
And you don't talk to me like that RD, I am no kiddo, and my abilities in BZ2 are higher then yours.
Last edited by General BlackDragon on Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:23 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

How long are you going to keep this up guys? Just so I know for how long I should trow you into my foe-list ...
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Oh, I'm finished making my point, unless RD decides to make some non BZ2 related insult towards me...If he does something stupid like that, then I'll have to come back and point out how stupid it was. But, I'm hoping he listened to me the first time.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

this has just turned into ayet another place for gbd and the rest of the mod nazis to blow theior own horns, so i'm locking this.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA