Big list of BZ2 Mods

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

Zero Angel
Attila

Re: Big list of BZ2 Mods

Post by Zero Angel »

Nielk1 wrote:ZA, you should indeed make a version of the Hadeans fit for VSR, but it should lay on top of FE or some such. At least, that is how I figure.
The idea is to make VSR compatible with stock for ease-of-use reasons, as it is shown that making mods launch with a special shortcut adds an extra layer of inconvenience that tends to dissuade people from playing that mod (ie: they have to restart BZ2 to turn the mod on and off). If Hadeans are implemented in VSR, then they will be able to co-exist with other assets in addon w/o causing bad assets in stock 1.3 games (they will also use a workaround to a bug which causes asset checker fails when a non-stock pilot ODF (ie: evpilo.odf, cvpilo.odf) is created.

As well, they will be balanced with VSR -- which means that the hadean assets will have further development or refinement done to them. At this point, Race Project or FE can use those assets if they so choose. I will even let these mods use ISDF/Scion VSR assets as well since the idea of VSR is to improve upon the implementation of stock 1.3 (in fact a lot of the things implemented for VSR were planned for a 1.2 mod called ZST+)
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

If Hadeans are implemented in VSR, then they will be able to co-exist with other assets in addon w/o causing bad assets in stock 1.3 games (they will also use a workaround to a bug which causes asset checker fails when a non-stock pilot ODF
How does this work ZA?
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

The bug is that if if anyone creates an (#spilo.odf) file, where # is any letter or number, the asset checker will detect this and cause asset check fails, even if this asset has not been created before or is not actually being used in game (so simply creating a cspilo.odf file will cause asset check fails in stock 1.3). This causes mods that introduce new races not to be able to co-exist with stock 1.3.

The workaround to this behavior is to use a non alphanumeric character as the race prefix, ie: $spilo.odf, #spilo.odf, etc. The downside to that is that I have not found a way for the Race's Name to be displayed, the faction simply says 'Other' -- there might be some other bug-a-boos that crop up from using such an unsupported behavior, but it's the best work around that I can think of to resolve these asset check fails if trying to make everything compatible with stock 1.3.

EDIT: Fixed mix-up between 's' and 'v'.
Last edited by Zero Angel on Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:32 am, edited 4 times in total.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

#vpilo or #spilo?
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Isn't there a file you can add that specifies new files to asset check? would this help?
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

MrTwosheds wrote:Isn't there a file you can add that specifies new files to asset check? would this help?
Its a forced check list, not an anti-check list, for obvious reasons.

Is the actual content of the pilot ODF checked? If not we can just throw a full set of pilots into stock, but I have a feeling it is actually fully checked.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

The workaround to this behavior is to use a non alphanumeric character as the race prefix, ie: $spilo.odf, #spilo.odf, etc. The downside to that is that I have not found a way for the Race's Name to be displayed, the faction simply says 'Other' -- there might be some other bug-a-boos that crop up from using such an unsupported behavior, but it's the best work around that I can think of to resolve these asset check fails if trying to make everything compatible with stock 1.3.
Dis be bodgery... :) What you should be aiming at is getting the VSR assets included in a stock release, at the end of your development, then you won't have any Bad assets issues. What you need is a temporary workaround for your development phase.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

MrTwosheds wrote:
Dis be bodgery... :) What you should be aiming at is getting the VSR assets included in a stock release, at the end of your development, then you won't have any Bad assets issues. What you need is a temporary workaround for your development phase.
Same thing DarkFox did for his Hadeans. Which reminds me, did anybody ever recover them?
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

Uploaded and linked an installer for Forgotten Enemies 1.3. See link in first post.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

Uploaded and linked and installer for Uler for 1.3.6.2

Fixed some missing assets, too.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

forgot to say that the Devastator's physics are fixed/better now; was oversteering like crazy, taking 30..40 minutes to get to its destination.

also, added some missing textures.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

uploaded/linked new version of G66:

* modified towers/spires around AI base.
- reduced number of towers/spires surrounding AI base for standard AIP's
- increased cost of towers/spires from 15 to 50/75
- added code to boost scrap for tower/spire team when scrap boost is given to AI team
- reduced scrap supply for tower/spire team

* siege tanks
- reduced limit of siege tanks to 2
- reduced damage done by cannons on AI siege tank

* tweaked AI hover units
- stopped wavering
- reduced distractability of human team units

* removed siege tank from DM vehicles
- this allows last Destroyer to be selected

* fixed button 1 of advanced options not highlighting
* adjusted some initial difficulty settings

please leave some constructive feedback
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Just realised that, despite it sitting on my HD for months, I never released the DXT patch for FS.

http://www.bzscrap.org/downloads/Mods/F ... _DXTfix.7z

EDIT: The EPIC PB6 patch link is broken. Unless somebody can upload a copy, I'll replace the patch.

EDIT 2: Links to QF are broken. Installer is on BZScrap, but can't find 1.1.

EDIT 3: New EPIC PB6 patch. http://www.mediafire.com/?i2g6fg3fw22glx9
Last edited by Ded10c on Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
jack775544
Thunderbolt

Post by jack775544 »

AHadley wrote:Just realised that, despite it sitting on my HD for months, I never released the DXT patch for FS.
Funny, I was looking for it the other day and reading your posts saying it was almost finished months ago. Thanks man I'll ininstall it right away.
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist" - Charles Baudelaire
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!