Big list of BZ2 Mods

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

Red Devil
Recycler

Re: Big list of BZ2 Mods

Post by Red Devil »

here's a short vid of Natty's pool defense he was adding to G66 2.1; i added to the latest unreleased build and will be scaled according to the difficulty settings:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/987 ... akPeek.avi
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

SQUIRRREEEEEEL!!!
Deathbringer
Sober Scav

Post by Deathbringer »

I Love Squirrels.
Deathbringer
Sober Scav

Post by Deathbringer »

Speaking of Squirrels.
Anybody care to share VSR 6.0?
And I know that I may not be able to do this, but my Son and I would play the map inferno which is part of FE I believe and It doesn't seem to work with the latest patch. I'm a superfan of the latest patch and don't really want to jump backwards in patches to play that one again.
Anybody know how to get that map to work?
It is somewhat depressing to see that there isn't much activity here. Not sure if it's because the patches were breaking mods which may have discouraged people playing or what it might be.
Just to be clear.. Not complaining on the patching. Certainly code that would somehow keep the old maps and mods working but also having it work with the latest fixes with the stock maps and whatnot would have kept things from breaking and an active mod base would have kept up, but it just feels like everything got left behind and broken mods with broken links and depression for those of us who Love this game still.
Well thanks in advance for any help out there.
Why do I feel like I'm like walking in a big warehouse after everything has been cleared away, calling out and hearing the echoes as they bounce off the walls?
Maybe I should drink to clear my depression. ;-)
Thanks.
mase
Thunderbolt

Post by mase »

VSR 6.0
http://bz2maps.us/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=5045

You will need a separate install with an older patch for FE it seems then.
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

We're still around, some of us anyway.

Yea, VSR 6.0 is there, and I do have an update that fixes some MPI issues, a resync, and adds a proper Scion Portal model. I should probably release that soon but I feel like the communication channels needed to get everyone updated have broken down, not sure...

I should also post an update to EPIC and BZC at some point soon I suppose...
Deathbringer
Sober Scav

Post by Deathbringer »

Well, I for one would greatly appreciate it. This is still my favorite game. I play others occasionally, but somehow I always come back to BZII.
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Deathbringer wrote: Maybe I should drink to clear my depression. ;-)
When all else fails ... bumping your head against the wall also seems to help :)
Progressor
Thunderbolt

Post by Progressor »

Wanted to replay Forgotten Enemies in the environment it was designed for. Went to bzscrap.org and could not figure out which BZII patch I must install, which FE installer I must run (FE13Setup, FE13Setup _Newer, FE13Setup1356...), which patches to apply and in what sequence. Can somebody help me?
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Progressor wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:42 amWanted to replay Forgotten Enemies in the environment it was designed for.
The answer to your question as written is 1.2 and bz2cp_full.exe.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Progressor
Thunderbolt

Post by Progressor »

Ok, thanks. If I want to play FE under 1.3, which files I must install? Will the mod run correctly under 1.3?
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Correctly, maybe, but it won't be as designed. The better experience is with FE_For_PB3, beyond that it's a mess of iterative builds and I can't tell you which works with which patches without digging through the release thread.
Deathbringer
Sober Scav

Post by Deathbringer »

General BlackDragon wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:28 pm We're still around, some of us anyway.

Yea, VSR 6.0 is there, and I do have an update that fixes some MPI issues, a resync, and adds a proper Scion Portal model. I should probably release that soon but I feel like the communication channels needed to get everyone updated have broken down, not sure...

I should also post an update to EPIC and BZC at some point soon I suppose...
I can hear the excitement and drive in your post! YES!! I'm sure you have been banging away at that elusive bug in your fix! Ahem..
Sarcasm for those slow folk. ;-)

I know that there isn't much of a base anymore, but part of the reason is certainly lack of circling back and fixing these great mods. I mean, I for one love and appreciate the patching to the main code, and I'm grateful for what I can get, but I know some have patched and broken mods and rather than re-install they have played something else that doesn't require that kind of effort.
I am NOT complaining, but I know from my perspective, my son and I would play way more if we could get EPIC to start properly. I can play single player with robots but I get file not found errors and it doesn't always start.

Anyway.. Anything you have that would fix ANYTHING even partially would be appreciated. I love this game and love the huge maps in Epic.

Thank you all for keeping things going as long as they have been.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

With the upcoming release of BZCC, you might find that mods are updated to work on that instead of the current 1.3 version. A jump in activity coming soon, maybe?