Battlezone II - GreenGuy's Edition

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

Vearie
Griefer

Re: Battlezone II - GreenGuy's Edition

Post by Vearie »

This wouldn't even pass as a decent recycler variant.

Usually when noobs come along to post their noob-mods, they're very humble about it and know their mod isn't the ****.
But when some idiot posts another generic, garbage noob mod and calls it what "developers intended" and tells people not to criticize the mod, it's not going to recieve polite criticism and kind suggestions about all of the obvious non-sense.
GreenGuy
Rattler

Post by GreenGuy »

Vearie, I just tried to sort out the whole thing about "this is what the developers intended the game to be" because that is not what I meant to say, even if you took it that way. I never told people not to criticize my mod, I just said if you're gonna bash it, call it a noob mod right from the beginning without actually trying it then I'm going to ignore all criticism by you, I even said that in the first post.

Funny that you keep calling me a noob at my favourite game of all time, when I played this game since 2000-2001 and know everything about it.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

GreenGuy wrote:As far as I know, this game was made when Pandemic was under EA's control, EA was pressing them release it sooner, forcing them to scrap and overlook some stuff, why do you think the last official patch (v1.1) had such a stupid AI? My point is that I wan't to bring those things back somehow. I could be wrong though, it's just something I have read a while back.
Yes, you are wrong. Very wrong in that regard.
GreenGuy
Rattler

Post by GreenGuy »

Ok. But the fact that Pandemic Studios was closed by Electronic Arts is true, don't nag at me for confusing timelines.
VSMIT
Sabre

Post by VSMIT »

GreenGuy wrote:Here we go again. Dude, do you seriousily expect 1 guy to make his mod "Perfect" or better said just the way you want it?
Go play QF mod. Then come back and start talking again.
Do you really expect me to make a new big mod like FE? All i did was add new strategies, new sounds, new weapons and making useless content better.
Please define "useless." From what I've read, you haven't done that. All you've done is upped the damage that certain weapons do (We have a mod like that already, and nobody plays it. What does that say?)
What is the reason you keep being so picky about it?
Because he can be. Learn to take criticism
Go make your own perfect mod then.
Not everyone has that mentality. I applaud you for getting a mod released, but boo you for your handling of the situation that arose.
I didn't mean exactly that my mod is exactly what the developers wanted it to be,
That's what it sounded like to me.
I just felt that the game had an unfinished feel to it, but that was back in 1.2, which was when I made this mod.
If you made the mod in 1.2, then why has it taken so long to be released, and why is it still bad?
If you do not like the changes I made, why even bother playing it and complaining about it?
Again, because he can.
As far as I know, this game was made when Pandemic was under EA's control, EA was pressing them release it sooner, forcing them to scrap and overlook some stuff, why do you think the last official patch (v1.1) had such a stupid AI? My point is that I wan't to bring those things back somehow. I could be wrong though, it's just something I have read a while back.
Ur dum. Pandemic wasn't bought/gutted by EA until recently, and BZ2 was released over 10 years ago. Go read up some gaming history, after playing QF, then come back.
If it's not a real mod, what is it then?
It is a mod. However, it is incomplete. A "real mod" generally means that it's a nearly complete change of how the game is played (See Forgotten Enemies; Flesh Storm, 1 and 2; the GreenHeart Recycler Variant; Steeveeo's Recycler Variant). All you've done, again, is increased the damage that certain weapons do without balancing that by increasing unit HP
Explain to me why it shouldn't have been released public because I do know alot of people who actually liked it.
Name them, and your mom doesn't count.
What do you mean by no time put into it? I put alot of effort and time into it, it's not a whole crew that is behind this mod, it's just 1 guy, me. Don't expect me to make a new FE.
If you've had this as long as you've said you have, then you haven't put a lot of time and effort into it. Again, see QF. Your mod just seems unpolished and bad.

Read this whole post, then read it again, then a third time. Then comment.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

In BZ1 we'd call this type of mod an ODF mod. Unfortunately, because BZ1 was so restrictive, any mod was pretty much an ODF mod, except for that new aerial combat one (which I dig!)
GreenGuy
Rattler

Post by GreenGuy »

I'm not even gonna reply to you VSMIT, I'm tired of this.

You're starting to act like Vearie, trying to get me down all the time, or feel bad about what i have made. How dare I release a mod.

From what you're saying it seems you are making a rule that you have to be PERFECT to be accepted on these boards, to post something you want people to try and you have to make the mod JUST THE WAY YOU WANT IT, or it's bad and it's not a "real" mod. Okay so i guess I have to make a big mod like QF, Epic, Fleshstorm and FE for it to be called a mod, call it an addon then, an edition, an enhancement, call it whatever the feck you want but I prefer simply just calling it a mod. I'm not here to say that this is the next big thing, people told me to go post it on the matesfamily forums, and so I did.

Some treatment I got..
Vearie
Griefer

Post by Vearie »

You're only looking even dumber by dragging on trying to defend yourself.

Best thing you can do at this point is admit you're wrong (Which you are) and learn to act more humble.
GreenGuy
Rattler

Post by GreenGuy »

Who the hell are you to talk about looking dumb and acting more humble?! Look, I'm trying really hard not to use harsh language right now, but alot of people agree with me about you being one of the biggest bashers, griefers, trollers and assholes of BZ2, you do everything to piss people off and to get people down somehow, the main reason that BZ2 is so low on players is people like you, they have always been around, but I have NEVER seen anyone with such an annoying character, bad attitude and cocky behaviour like you.

You're trying to act all mature now yet you're the one who steals my mod, and posts it under the name "Great Guns secret Extreme" and posts it everywhere?

I'm just dragging this on because I am sick and tired of this treatment I am getting, people trying to prove me wrong when I try to explain the reasons for the changes, which i should know better because i have TESTED the mod with people, if you don't believe me I couldn't care less, be more active on the actual game then. I did make a mistake about writing something I didn't really mean, but you're taking it way too far! Give me a effing break.
Vearie
Griefer

Post by Vearie »

You don't understand how many brand new players like you come by and try to tell me something about this game.
Truth is, I may even have been playing before you were born, what are you, 10? Go host a game and kick some more players for killing your starting rats.
GreenGuy
Rattler

Post by GreenGuy »

Ignoring you're little attempts to insult me, when was I trying to "tell" you something about the game? Atleast you don't act all suprised for people not liking you.
Sly
Griefer

Post by Sly »

GreenGuy wrote:the main reason that BZ2 is so low on players is people like you
GreenGuy wrote:when was I trying to "tell" you something about the game?
Self contradiction is self contradictory.
Vearie
Griefer

Post by Vearie »

He's not even going to understand your post, it's another little kid with a loud mouth that found out he can change the values in ODF files with a text editor and wanted to make a "mod" no matter what the haters say. Don't crush his dreams!!
GreenGuy
Rattler

Post by GreenGuy »

Oh, so he already knows that the reason that players quit BZ2 are people like him? Good.
Echo 343
Rattler

Post by Echo 343 »

Hm. You would think, with a forum of mostly guys there wouldn't be a lot of drama.