Battlezone II - GreenGuy's Edition

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

GreenGuy
Rattler

Re: Battlezone II - GreenGuy's Edition

Post by GreenGuy »

Darkwarrior, I respect your opinion. But I'm just trying to say that I already did make limitations for rushing, there are weapons in the mod to kill pilots instantly, so they will not even be able to hurt the recycler at all. Weapons like MDM (which has a more powerful blast radius) Acid Cloud, PL-Stab, Omega Pulse, Static Charge. And M-Curtain pushes the bullets away. You're also forgetting the fact that there are repair units, you can always keep like 5 healers/service trucks around which have 2 times the supply rate of what they had before, they will repair your buildings quick and automaticly, so if you're going to try and SNIPE my buildings to death won't get you far. The mod is intented to add new strategies to the game, it's intented to make the ships and weapons that people did not use that much before actually good.

AHadley, they are not able to take down a recycler, not even 3 of them, I don't know why people keep saying that, I've tried explaining this alot and I even did in my post above. They are also only able to take down an enemy craft when they are low on health and trying to run, and sometimes it only works if you're lucky. I did test this with many people and each of them came with their opinions. The mod took a while to make because i made this a while ago (back in 1.2) and I had to redo the whole thing to be compatible with 1.3pb6. But it's fine because in the new release I have sorted out the problems there were and made it more balanced.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

It is possible through a little trick with TAPs to make the Bomber Bay be a factory under slot 4 able to produce bombers.

And just don't reply to Vearie.
GreenGuy
Rattler

Post by GreenGuy »

I know man, I just wanted to prove that Vearie's claims were not true. So that people will not look at the mod like it's bad.

But that's not a bad idea actually, the only problem is that if the Bomber explodes when it's on the bay, the Bomber Bay will go with it because the bomber explosion blast is the same as the actual bomb, I mean what happens to the bomb inside the bomber when the bomber is destroyed, does it just disappear?. Don't worry though because when you have Bomber Bay you have full base, which means you can upgrade your pools (3 upgraded pools = 90 red scrap) so you can get Bomber Bay up again fast no problem. All you need to do is guard it for good, don't leave it too exposed and have Service Trucks around to repair it.
VSMIT
Sabre

Post by VSMIT »

The bomber doesn't go up like the daywrecker because the bomb isn't armed all the time. It would be very stupid to have a large explosive device in a bomber armed at all times. It makes much more sense for the bomb to only be armed just before the drop.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

AHadley wrote:Hell, they shouldn't even be able to take down an enemy craft.

I really cannot see a good reason behind any of these changes.
You seem to have forgotten about Scion Rocket shotgun?

It is vastly underused, but it can maul scouts, missile scouts, mbikes, and even tanks a little bit.
GreenGuy
Rattler

Post by GreenGuy »

Is that actually possible, to make the Bomber have a nasty explosion when it's armed, and when it's unarmed, it will explode normally?
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

GreenGuy wrote:Is that actually possible, to make the Bomber have a nasty explosion when it's armed, and when it's unarmed, it will explode normally?
At this level of modding, no, though if the bomber had a big explosion from the bomb don't you think shooting down the bomb would be ineffective? Bomb can only be triggered to explode when it should (story) for pretty obvious reasons.
RubiconAlpha
Rattler

Post by RubiconAlpha »

Nice work GreenGuy. Glad to see someone releasing a mod these days.

Don't take the criticism to badly. If they don't like it so much then they shouldn't play it.

If this was your vision of how you would like to play the game then stick to it as long as it is playable.

Balance is to often overrated. Seems too many forget that games should be about having fun not just about winning. But if there is some tweaking that would make the game more enjoyable for others I would listen and adjust where you can if it doesn't take away from the experience you was going for.

I'll check it out once I have my main computer back up and running. :x
GreenGuy
Rattler

Post by GreenGuy »

Thank you very much :-)

Of course, I'm not at all concerned about Vearie's insults and childish comments. Just wanting to prove him wrong.

And you're absolutely right, people are forgetting that the game is about having fun, not just winning. I will work on the tweaks once I get the AIP which is under construction done.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Balance, in an RTS for crying out loud, is NOT overrated.

Without it, pillars start to form over the BEST vehicles, the BEST race, and the BEST tech tree, wherein the lower tier will fall out of use since it can't keep up. Why make assets that won't be used?
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

ODFs are highly accessible. Why not submit balance fixes?
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Nielk1 wrote:ODFs are highly accessible. Why not submit balance fixes?
Not my project.
RubiconAlpha
Rattler

Post by RubiconAlpha »

Zax wrote:Balance, in an RTS for crying out loud, is NOT overrated.

You are correct Zax, weapon and ship balance should always be thought about but with so little being released in the way of "new" mods for the community I find it refreshing that someone has created something we all can play with even if it's not everyone's "cup of tea" in it's current state.

GreenGuy had the balls to release his project and got crap from some that it's not perfect or their idea of perfect.

If all other projects wait till they are "perfect" none would ever be released.

Forgotten Enemies had a few major revisions, which I was a part of back then, and it was all about balance issues. So even mods as well done as FE took some time to tweak and adjust till most of us was happy with it.

Mods are about giving us something new to play with and I've had fun playing with many of them. If others enjoy them, they will play them and if not, they won't. A creator can only hope that all his/her hard work is enjoyed by at least some. And if feedback about the mod could make it even more of an enjoyable experience then it's the creator's choice to take the feedback and adjust where it may need it.

I for one look forward to seeing (and better yet playing) some of the other projects in the works. The community could use some new worlds, ships and weapons to play with even if they are not perfectly balanced right out of the box.
Sly
Griefer

Post by Sly »

Greenguy, you really took our trolling badly. The only way to win at this game is to not play it at all. You will never win against a troll.

On a more serious note, I will talk to you about this mod based on being an active player for 11 years, not a modder of any sorts.

No offense to you, but you released this mod stating its what the developers wanted it to be like, which makes no sense...

How do you know what the developers wanted of it? Did you know them personally, were you on the development team?
This mod should have never been released claiming it was a real mod. As AHadley wrote, no time whatsoever was actually put into it.
The game play has been completely destroyed by adding in a bunch of random sh*t without any sort of thought behind it.
Taking away command bunker as a pre requisite for a gun tower to be built.
Giving gun towers an overpowered blast weapon.
Allowing 3 pilots to easily take a recycler down to 60 % hp using nothing more than their combined pulse rifle shots. (Seriously, what did you expect us to do in a game when we found out that we could literally run to your base, hop out of our ships, and pulse your rec down?)
Making pulse stab weapon more insane than it is on an ass. tank in g66 mod.
Changing faf missile to make it completely overpowered for no apparent reason.

The reason I was so eager to join in on this troll is because I saw all of the comments you posted in game about how these people have no lives and some other stuff. I just love trolling people who have the "my d*ck is bigger than yours" mentality over the internets.

Good luck with your modding and stop crying like a little girl....
GreenGuy
Rattler

Post by GreenGuy »

Here we go again. Dude, do you seriousily expect 1 guy to make his mod "Perfect" or better said just the way you want it? Do you really expect me to make a new big mod like FE? All i did was add new strategies, new sounds, new weapons and making useless content better. What is the reason you keep being so picky about it? Go make your own perfect mod then. I didn't mean exactly that my mod is exactly what the developers wanted it to be, I just felt that the game had an unfinished feel to it, but that was back in 1.2, which was when I made this mod. If you do not like the changes I made, why even bother playing it and complaining about it?

As far as I know, this game was made when Pandemic was under EA's control, EA was pressing them release it sooner, forcing them to scrap and overlook some stuff, why do you think the last official patch (v1.1) had such a stupid AI? My point is that I wan't to bring those things back somehow. I could be wrong though, it's just something I have read a while back.

If it's not a real mod, what is it then? Explain to me why it shouldn't have been released public because I do know alot of people who actually liked it. What do you mean by no time put into it? I put alot of effort and time into it, it's not a whole crew that is behind this mod, it's just 1 guy, me. Don't expect me to make a new FE.