So what happened?

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

General Hoohah
Drunken Constructor

So what happened?

Post by General Hoohah »

I remember the last time I was here I think early this year or late last year, you guys were working on fixing the lag problem? All I see is the link to the patch before all that was being fixed on, at the top of the forum? Where's the newest patch? What happened with all that mess? Took a break for a while to play some other games like Boarderlands and Fallen Earth. Still playing Fallen Earth. :)
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Re: So what happened?

Post by General BlackDragon »

General Hoohah wrote:Where's the newest patch?
3 topics above this one.
General Hoohah
Drunken Constructor

Post by General Hoohah »

Wow, sorry for the confusion. I didn't realize how long it had been since I was last here and trying the b98e test build! :shock:
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

np. :)
Mortarion
Griefer

Post by Mortarion »

YES! LAG IS FIXED! oh wait, scavangers warp, sniper regain, dmg delay, dmg regain, overall jerkiness during dogfights, attacking a moving turret only having it teleport 50-60 metres behind you and shooting you with 100% hp, stealing an empty flying 40-50 metres with it then appearing back 15-20 metres from the recpad. warp is still very much alive, observe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBZ2kWyCNPQ&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj-a-LHJ ... ure=relmfu

those are only two videos showing the type of warpy bollocks present in this patch
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

It's interesting to see how you feel a need to put down 1.3 like this, yet at the same time ask the person who's put most of the effort in creating it to adapt it to allow for your personal wishes in an other topic, at the same time ...
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Mortarion wrote:YES! LAG IS FIXED!
Stopped reading here. Glad to hear things are working for you.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

as with beer, much depends on the quality of your hops 8-)
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Mortarion wrote:YES! LAG IS FIXED! oh wait, scavangers warp, sniper regain, dmg delay, dmg regain, overall jerkiness during dogfights, attacking a moving turret only having it teleport 50-60 metres behind you and shooting you with 100% hp, stealing an empty flying 40-50 metres with it then appearing back 15-20 metres from the recpad. warp is still very much alive, observe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBZ2kWyCNPQ&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj-a-LHJ ... ure=relmfu

those are only two videos showing the type of warpy bollocks present in this patch
Of course, 1.2 never had problems as serious as this, did it? Unchecked flying that made the game unplayable for many new players, deliberate AV-ing, cheating by loading the editor before a multiplayer match, etc.

inb4 "just because you never learned to fly" - I did. I can fly quite well. But I have never and will never attempt to do so in a public game.
Feared_1
Sabre

Post by Feared_1 »

AHadley wrote:Unchecked flying that made the game unplayable for many new players
Why did you even bring this up?
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Feared_1 wrote:
AHadley wrote:Unchecked flying that made the game unplayable for many new players
Why did you even bring this up?
I was listing bugs in 1.2. You can't say that it wasn't a bug, and you can't say it wasn't significant.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Mortarion wrote: I'd say my complains will help gsh and whoever else improve 1.3... but they wont.
If you list something we haven't found yet, they might. Just reciting a list of known bugs doesn't help at all.
Mortarion wrote: Aving is the only thing in that list that could do any sort of damage.
Do damage? I disagree, Aving didn't do damage at all unless you're referring to the community. In that case, flying and editing did damage as well, which is partly why I mentioned them.

Keep making posts like that and you'll get banned again pretty fast.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Mortarion wrote:editing is easily avoided, im not even going to mention hovering as you 1.3 guys get pre worked up about it. and dude AVING takes down a 8/8 game, big game breaking damage worse than going into a titan dm and finding ice rhinos edited in or something, oh wait - thats 1.3

and banned? i count on it, im trying to beat cloaket's troll score or w/e you want to call it, as well as put in some useful input to that clever guy scav army general, he found out how to hover again with mcurtains or some ****. GSH better patch that out, i always hated that game breaking bug!!!@@111one one
I don't get worked up about hovering; as I said, it's something I can do but choose not to. AVing does indeed take down an entire game, but that's not really "damage" since all you lose is the game in progress. And ice rhinos are added by the server animal setting and damn well you know it. You also know that's not what it's there for.

Scav's work will be difficult to control, and yes, GSH will likely patch it out. As I said, flying isn't gamebreaking but it does make things exceptionally difficult for new players; this new and somewhat convoluted method would make it even harder to figure out and the new players this game so desperately needs will be driven away. If you want to be part of that, be my guest.
Mortarion
Griefer

Post by Mortarion »

scav army GENIUS is a true example of what it means to be a vet, what an innovative bloke
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Mortarion wrote:scav army GENIUS is a true example of what it means to be a vet, what an innovative bloke
He's certainly innovative, and he makes damn good PoCs.