Can I get a list of all the issues with the SP campaign?

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Re: Can I get a list of all the issues with the SP campaign?

Post by General BlackDragon »

I like that dialog. Set it to team 0 until you know it's Hostile
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Let starts a streak..

^That :mrgreen:
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

What I mean is, I want ever bug, no matter how minor, such as that one.
ssuser
Rattler

Post by ssuser »

Well, I posted this before, but starting with the first Bane mission, most of my mission objectives are scrambled, i.e I see the string "Missionxxxx" instead of, say "Convoy", "Scion Creature" or whatever. Not sure if other ppl have seen this, but I am running BZ2 on an older XP machine. There seems to be an issue with how the engine is reading localize.odf.

I have the new dlls installed for some of the SP missions, but this problem persists, not that I am really playing the SP missions anymore.
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

I have seen it too, im on win 7 32bit
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
TwinShadow
Sabre

Post by TwinShadow »

Ah yeah, the mission objectives bug. I remember reading about the possibility on how its caused, but I don't remember the reasoning. But someone did report that one in particular. Happens after a particular mission number and never reverts back to normal. I think it starts after mission 10 or something.
If you happen to be looking through my posts, I have completely dumped all things related to Battlezone. Do not contact me, do not bother me. Been harassed enough as it is and am done entirely.
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

I'll start playing the entire campaign again next week, am home doing nothing but sleeping a lot anyway.
I make no promisses though ;)
Axeminister
Sabre

Post by Axeminister »

Don't get me wrong, I'll help if needed, but one question, and yes I know 1.2 fixes a lot of things. Why would someone spend time fixing the SP for 1.3.6.3 when you can just install the game without a patch and play the SP missions all day long? Every one of us has a version with no patch so we can just copy/paste for new iterations of the game. Is there something wrong with the original version of the SP?
He who does not advance themselves, endlessly becomes themselves.

http://www.reverbnation.com/tunepak/3606640
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Yep, it does not make use of any of the improvements that 1.3 gives us, like a better AI.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

some of the 1.3 additions and fixes affected the missions, like the addition of the idle dispatcher, which would send off units to attack when the timeout kicked in, or the attacker code being fixed which would then send huge waves at you at once, plus other things i can't recall since i just got up. :|
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
TwinShadow
Sabre

Post by TwinShadow »

Axeminister wrote:Don't get me wrong, I'll help if needed, but one question, and yes I know 1.2 fixes a lot of things. Why would someone spend time fixing the SP for 1.3.6.3 when you can just install the game without a patch and play the SP missions all day long? Every one of us has a version with no patch so we can just copy/paste for new iterations of the game. Is there something wrong with the original version of the SP?
I have a 1.0 install file for BZ2, but for the life of me, I can't get 1.2 to even start on my system. I'd rather use that if I could, but the game just refuses to start. Win7 64-bit is likely the cause and I haven't found info on how to force it to work. Pretty sure I also installed the DX7 libraries, but dunno for certain.
If you happen to be looking through my posts, I have completely dumped all things related to Battlezone. Do not contact me, do not bother me. Been harassed enough as it is and am done entirely.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Even 1.01b, 1.1 and 1.2's singleplayer is badly broken in some places. And you don't get to use 1.3's shiny new features there..
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
ssuser
Rattler

Post by ssuser »

Yeah, aside from modding possibilities 1.3.6xxx fixes some serious mission crashes, at least for me. I know on both 1.0 and 1.2 the first Core mission would ALWAYS blow up on me at some point, after I had got thru the first really hard part.... Grrrrr. In 1.3.6.2 this does not happen. The 2nd Rend mission and On Thin Ice would go down as well sometimes, on the earlier patches.
Nomad
Scrap

Post by Nomad »

I dunno if this would be considered a campaign bug necessarily, but the Scion Gun Spires have an issue with where they fire. If an enemy gets close enough, the lightning hits the spikes that surround the fireport rather than clearing them. I haven't played any IA/MP since the patch so I'm not sure if it does this in IA/MP as well.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Nomad wrote:I dunno if this would be considered a campaign bug necessarily, but the Scion Gun Spires have an issue with where they fire. If an enemy gets close enough, the lightning hits the spikes that surround the fireport rather than clearing them. I haven't played any IA/MP since the patch so I'm not sure if it does this in IA/MP as well.
This is known yes. Thanks for the info though.