BZ2 SP Mission Fixes

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

Progressor
Thunderbolt

Re: BZ2 SP Mission Fixes

Post by Progressor »

Maybe I am using too easy path to the Shabayev's location and back to the base:

Actually, before going to save Shabayev, there is enough time to build a Constructor, a Service Bay and deploy an Extractor (must recycle the APCs). So, during the rescue operation, you can build a few Assault tanks. When you return to one of the points shown by yellow arrows on the picture, you can kill the Builder before it builds a Gun Sphire.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

:-d yup, you're supposed to follow orders and just go to the enemy's base. remember, these are training missions to get you used to various units, build menus, etc.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Red Devil wrote:there's also a leftover geyser to the south.
This is a hangover from earlier in development; biometal pools are an evolution of the steam geysers in Battlezone. The steam is still there, the biometal has just had time to bubble up to the surface. The next stage is the molten rivers... we all know what happens after that.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

Parties?
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

If that's what you call an ecosystem destroying itself though biometal-fuelled natural disasters. I don't recall Miasma being much of a party, though.
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

Oh, you mean non-canon bullcockery.
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

One of Slaor's many musings. Even without, the implication that pools evolved from geysers is pretty clear.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

fixed the warriors wandering off in Snow Blind; map was missing a stage point; checking other maps now.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

here's an update to fix isdf11/Snow Blind:

isdf11/Snow Blind fixes
Abraham Lincoln

Progressor
Thunderbolt

Post by Progressor »

There is a problem with Rumble in the Jungle. I have picked up Shabayev and destroyed the Scion base but got the message that I must find Shabayev, see the screenshot: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/751 ... oard01.jpg. Note that the Shabayev pickup Nav point disappeared. Saved game: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/75159755/11.sav. Mission cannot be completed.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

man, you are always breaking things - that's good :-)

thanks, will take a look tonight.
Abraham Lincoln

Progressor
Thunderbolt

Post by Progressor »

I know that I am annoying but there is another problem - with the "An Unlikely Rescue". This problem is a genetical one, it exists since the game was born. While the player is building his base, the AAN Sabres attack the target bridge. If they succeed, the bridge is destroyed before the player is targeted to it. In this case, it is impossible to win. The only way to revert the mission to the presumed script is catching the moment to destroy these Sabres. Saved game: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/75159755/11.sav
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Progressor wrote:I know that I am annoying but there is another problem - with the "An Unlikely Rescue". This problem is a genetical one, it exists since the game was born. While the player is building his base, the AAN Sabres attack the target bridge. If they succeed, the bridge is destroyed before the player is targeted to it. In this case, it is impossible to win. The only way to revert the mission to the presumed script is catching the moment to destroy these Sabres. Saved game: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/75159755/11.sav
Look at the very first post of this topic, see the missions listed there.
Progressor
Thunderbolt

Post by Progressor »

Ok, looks like the issue has been fixed. Not sure because it is not 100% reproducable.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

the problems with that mission were that the spawned enemy tanks would be picked up by the idle dispatcher and go attack the bridge which was on the enemy team so your guys could target it, plus the destruction sequence wasn't working. a few other things, too, i think.
Abraham Lincoln