CHEATING IN Battlezone 2

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

Zax
Attila

Re: CHEATING IN Battlezone 2

Post by Zax »

MrTwosheds wrote:Yellow scrap does not gain fast enough for a cancel to be worthwhile, Only red scrap gives you back the 20 quick enough while the empty is building.
When stuck on 2 pools with only 1 upgraded, you can start the empty on 30-35 scrap. That kiln/forge is important!
Purplehaze
Drunken Constructor

Post by Purplehaze »

That hacking in that game wasn't me, Cloaket also tells me it wasn't him.

Seems as though it's so easy to find it should be right in-front of your noses.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

I have about 7 ideas of various things that could cause it but I just don't have the time to test now. If I could get a 1.3 tester willing to take some direction from me we can get them looked at, but I have finals in like 2/3 weeks and every single thing I am working on seems to be coming due and hell even more is being assigned.
GSH
Patch Creator

Post by GSH »

One thought - before launching a game, BZ2 will note the recycler variant in use. Try using (or insisting on) stock units only when playing with hosts you don't trust. And, people that appear to hate 1.3, you really shouldn't trust them at all.

-- GSH
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

And, people that appear to hate 1.3, you really shouldn't trust them at all.

-- GSH
:roll:

The day you stop with that dry humor of yours is the day I die.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Nielk1 wrote:If I could get a 1.3 tester willing to take some direction from me we can get them looked at
I'm perfectly happy to help, I'm on the computer at home most of the time. I can drop whatever I'm doing in order to help with a test.

I don't sign into MSN as much as previously now, because I'm still recovering data from my old HD. Once that's done, I'm in.
Killer AK
Rattler

Post by Killer AK »

Just another update, when you get some buildings up the scout always gives you your 20 scrap back. There's no -20 scrap any more. There is a certain point where you get your scrap back. This definately is an exploit though because a piloted scout gives you way less scrap back, as does scavagers. You do not get the scrap you put into the build back.
Secondly this whole cancel build issue is all wrong because if you let the unit build on some of the ships if you recycle the ship you get more scrap back than say if you recycled it.
The default guardians DO give you scrap back if you recycle them but when you first start out your base one of the two scavagers you make at the start has to be on a pool.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

I'll see if I can submit some assets for vetting that fix that, then. Is it just the empties that provide this boost?
GSH
Patch Creator

Post by GSH »

And, as I said on BZU before its death, if you know how to do these weapon exploits (and some posters on this thread sure seem to know), and want them fixed, contact me. Email, PM, irc privmsg, etc all work.

-- GSH
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Let the Scion empty scrap reclaiming stand...Killer_AK you do not know the can of worms you would unleash by requesting it to be changed.

Scion is barely played as it is; take away the one thing going for them in the early game and that'll be the nail in the casket.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Do we really need another massive balancing thread?
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Killer AK wrote:Yeah im constantly getting beat by this empty scout hack.
Even using this so-called "hack," dd has rocket tanks on my front door by the time I I have a forge and dower, if I'm fast enough. Take that for what it's worth. I may get my first warrior by the time he is pounding my rec with hornets.

Without the trick, I might have a Kiln. Maybe.

Edit: Sorry, I beat you to the punch ;)
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

It's probably time to start making experimental variants.
Axeminister
Sabre

Post by Axeminister »

I will test some of this on the new patch iterations.
DarkFox
Sober Scav

Post by DarkFox »

I am absolutely *stunned* that players here only just found out about scion empty recycling.

1.3 in it's current iteration is exceptionally well balanced between the two factions. Recycling scion empties for 20 scrp is absolutely essential to the entire race. Without it, scions are completely useless, they stand no chance whatsoever against ISDf in a skilled game.

The can of worms you're opening by requesting scion scout recycling being removed is monumentally large. It would throw the race entirely off, destroy game balance.

Just because something seems different between the two races, that does not mean it needs to be changed. The races are different. Scions can recycle empties for 20 scrap, and the game is balanced perfectly that way. Don't even consider trying to get this changed.
Scions get double-benefit from their first pool. A good scion commander uses this perfectly, and that's the way the game works. Without it, scions are completely destroyed. It's been an essential, integral part of basic BZ2 strategy since the game was released.

I'm stunned, I signed up here just to post this and try to save the scion race.