The CP

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

Feared_1
Sabre

Re: The CP

Post by Feared_1 »

Zax wrote:BBB mentioned wanting to spearhead another shot at it a few years down the line. I suggest "listen to the active modder!"

He does, however, want full creative control. In the end, how much do you trade creative control for getting it done? There is really no ideal balance, so I tend to support his methods.
What?
This is where my signature picture would normally be. It is not, as you can see.
You're wasting your time reading this. :)
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

But that would mean it is no longer a community project. Though admittedly, there are only two people with creative control right now.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

AHadley wrote:Besides, the Cerberus AI was destroyed long before - taking with it the Cerberi's ability to plan as a single, collective entity.
Didn't the MotherGod AKA the Cerberus AI escape?
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

This is about a decade later. Probably the main reason for their eventual destruction; the AI programming remained, but they ceased to be a true collective. Individualism destroyed them. I mean, look at what happened on Ultionis. I doubt the Cerberus AI would have tried that, corrupt/insane or not.
Feared_1
Sabre

Post by Feared_1 »

Can someone define "creative control"? This term doesn't make sense.

In which mod did the Cerberi die? Just making up a story to cap the FE campaign is really sloppy. If it's another community project, maybe it should continue the last one.
This is where my signature picture would normally be. It is not, as you can see.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

There are already mods that have that covered, we're working based off those. Almost every singleplayer mod I've played (bar Uler, SFP's and Shane Ward's ones) has been woven into the same storyline.

This mod takes place concurrently with FS3 (roughly). By FS1, the Cerberi have been effectively wiped out, as stated in mission texts. CR takes place after FS1, but while the Cerberi are still active, the Cerberus AI no longer exists as a single entity.

The only part we're defining now is exactly how and when the MotherGod was destroyed.
Iron_Maiden
Bull Dog

Post by Iron_Maiden »

Wasn't it the last FE mission?

If not, maybe it used a portal and just happened to pop out near a rather hungry black hole. :twisted:
Known on FF.net as John Mccallistair, link provided below if you're interested.

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5916137/John-Mccallistair
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

The Cerberizer Vats were destroyed in the last Scion mission (remember FE has an ISDF branch, where the EDF take down "The Nexus" - actually one of many superweapons created by the Hadean Scientist-King of the same name). The Mother-God escaped (the thing that takes off in the final cinematic).
Feared_1
Sabre

Post by Feared_1 »

I think the Cerberi's destruction should be witnessed rather than explained, but that's just my opinion.

IIRC the community project story had the Olympians and the "Aenians" or something like that.

Was a story ever completed? Or started? Nielk1 had something written out I think, but I can't remember if it was accepted or not.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Oh, it definitely will be.

Nielk1 will have to speak for the CP2 story, I'm not in on the entire thing.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

What I had originally was something that worked everyone's ideas in, especially those who were most forceful at the time. Some people left the project because it wasn't using their specific vision even before some of the storyline elements were weeded out. Now its pretty cohesive and lacks any sort of time travel or other weird ****.

Spoilers below I guess...

The story does not directly assume anything about the status of the Cerberi, only that their importance in story has diminished as the Swarm has taken center stage. However, even the terror of the Swarm is coming to an end, a rather spectacular one, that probably puts even more tension on relations then there already are.

As we know from FS, FS2, EPIC, and other mods the EDF has grown quite large after the events of FE so far as to have specific squadrons that are tasked with specific objectives with their own carriers if not space fleets. Some of these squadrons are interracial based on the integration of alien technology and combat skills, others are scientific or otherwise purposed. The Black Dogs are former criminals, the Raven Claw are a technology test bed that share some tech aspects with the Phaer Rhan (the probable source of their new military tech), the group I forget the name of in EPIC is tasks with Cerberi eradication on the far ranges of known space. Formerly the Black Dogs had this same tasks but after their encounter with the Swarm, they came on board the new anti-Swarm operations. With the effectiveness of Phaer Rhan weapons against the Swarm, it being even greater than that of the EDF, their technology was most probably integrated into the new Raven Claw arsenal.

The squadron spotlighted by the CP2 is the AED, a group of researchers and technologies and their ever so un-enthused military protection detail, of which you, the player, are a member. It is through research of Olympians ruins near Hadea that you learn of a possible surviving colony of Olmypian refugees. With the present state of the galaxy being tense under the pressure of the Swarm, in addition to the intellectual curiosity of the scientists, your squadron makes course for this location.

Your missions at this point are like a series of breadcrumbs to your final destination. Gathering this information involves recon on Swarm infested planets and possibly the Cerberi encounter or two. In your quite accelerated path you encounter a group of Scions who seem to be collecting the same information, held up at a critical point in the trail. The commander of the Scion ship does not see fit to join forces and instead the missions carry on more like a cat and mouse escapade until you are forced to work together by circumstance.

Eventually you discover the Aenean star system, which is in fact not an Olympian refugee colony but the thought destroyed remnants of the Aenean Separatist Movement, Cthonians who forsook the civil war and found themselves besieged even more by it. You are pulled into the conflict between the Aeneans and an offshoot group of Hadeans lead by a descendent prince of questionable sanity. You learn that early on in the life of the new Cthonian civilization, the civil war again broke out and in the search for new technologies to use against their opponents, the Hadeans made search for the Aeneans whom had broken off during their exodus from Icarus. Hadean records showed as much as the intellectual quality of those separatists and new them small in number and easy pickings with possible high reward.

The Hadeans made siege and ran off with a nice bit of technology, what became the basis of their current portal system. The conflict ended, or so it was thought it had ended, with the final attack of the prince leading the attacking Hadean forces by way of an untested super weapon. The prince and his forces were thought lost, but the Aeneans were also believed extinct. In reality, the prince survived with a fraction of his forces and the Aeneans, knowing that news of this would bring upon them a full Hadean squadron, destroyed any craft attempting to leave the battlefields. With neither party allowing the other to leave, the conflict dragged on for centuries.

Despite the modern Hadeans on your crew, you are unable to reason with the prince of the the remnant Hadeans and are forced at first into 3 way conflict, then in alliance with the Aeneans, to fight them. Seeing the chance for the Aeneans to escape again provided, the Hadean remnant prince goes to repeat his ancestor's error and use the super weapon against the Aeneans and AED. While you thwart this attack, causing the weapon to instead destroy the prince and rallying what few remnant Hadeans remain to your side, the devastation of the weapon forces evacuation of the then Aenean home-world.

It is while this solar system seems in its death-throws, as if called by its dying wails, a new enemy and ally come to the galactic stage.
Iron_Maiden
Bull Dog

Post by Iron_Maiden »

It's good to see things are developing at least on some level. The story looks good, and I anticipate this new enemy.....
Known on FF.net as John Mccallistair, link provided below if you're interested.

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5916137/John-Mccallistair
jaydenbz2
Thunderbolt

Post by jaydenbz2 »

Asset production was going excellent, RL stopped things for a while, It's back on track and more things are going to be created now, MANY vehicles are done already, I just need to finish the new races.

Check the link below...
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

More modelers could easily join of course. I am doing what I can. My main skills seem to be in the area of skeletal rigging and environmental props at this point. When the mission scripts get past the test phase I will be doing a lot more.

In fact, anyone can join and contribute, just don't go trying to take the reigns. Any major changes go though what can best be described as committee (or a long discussion) and since we have some key things established bickering should stay to a minimum.
jaydenbz2
Thunderbolt

Post by jaydenbz2 »

Mhm, me and you had an 878 word discussion involving that fang willow, it was productive though.