Drunken Constructor

Re: BZ2 SP Mission Fixes

Post by Mr_Scorpion »

Awesome, it works now. Thanks RD!
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

cool; added that fix to the main zip in the first post of this thread.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
Progressor
Thunderbolt

Post by Progressor »

I confirm that it really works now. Moreover, the mission script is the same as it originally was, with Scions attacking the Recycler. Thanks!
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

cool, good to hear. just remembered i moved one of the sentry spawns so it doesn't just pop up in front of you and had the crig built at the rec dropoff so it just doesn't appear from behind that crystal. i probably should just have the AIP run and have the rec build the crig, but it was interesting learning how 1.3 changes affected some dll callbacks.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

I added some sanity checks to the Rumble In The Jungle mission, so i'll post an update for that soon.
Abraham Lincoln

Mr_Scorpion
Drunken Constructor

Post by Mr_Scorpion »

If you don't mind me asking what exactly does the Ambush and Rumble in the Jungle patches fix again?
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

i forget? :? try them with and without the fixes.

found a stall in rumble in the jungle, so i'll fix that, too.
Abraham Lincoln

Progressor
Thunderbolt

Post by Progressor »

RD, I have a question about "Snow Blind". I do not remember how it was long time ago but now the mission is too easy. The player does not need to build a base; just deploy the Recycler and 2-3 extractors, then build 3-4 turrets and that's enough to win. This was made intentionally or...?
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

are you getting regular attacks? i'll take a look at it.
Abraham Lincoln

Progressor
Thunderbolt

Post by Progressor »

No. There is a single scout near a scrap pool but nothing more. Everything is calm and quiet.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

i just tried it and saw the scout, then the convoy, the the order to place the nav, then the order to go investigate, etc.
Abraham Lincoln

Progressor
Thunderbolt

Post by Progressor »

Right. If you place a few turrets near the scrap pool next to the cave entrance (you have just enough time to build them before the convoy arrives), it is enough to face off the units that protect the convoy after you destroy the Scion Recycler. Then there is no enemy resistance at all and the rest of the mission is a piece of cake. You do not need to build a base.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

There are no attacker plans in the AIP's and just attack orders for a scout or two and a tank attack after you attack the convoy.

attacks are done by defendarea and cleararea plans for power generators and extractors in the AIP's, so if you want more action, build some scouts, tanks, missile scouts, and turrets and place them around extractors and power generators.

i do remember it being much more aggressive, so i'll look at increasing the action.
Abraham Lincoln

Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

I remember the mission exactly like that. Just get a few scavs deployed (dont forget the pool on the other side), get 4 turrets (you may get to build 1 more but it usually isnt in position in time) positioned in front of the cave and simply distract the convoy while your turrets do the lifting ... game over ...

I often just build a few scouts later before I enter the cave and start harassing the AI before I take the dropship out, since the mission is otherwise so basic its boring.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

when i build a bunch of tanks/sabres and leave them in the base and planted some turrets near the pools, i get regular warrior and sentry attacks. also, some of the warriors, lancers, and scouts are sent to attack you when you get to the transmission site.

you aren't meant to attack their base. the theme of the mission is to discover the mobile transmitter from the old CCA and see how Braddock destroys it as soon as it is found in order to raise some suspicions/questions about his motives.

I think Braddock causes the cave-in to block you from your troops and preventing you from reporting what you saw.
Abraham Lincoln