So what happened?

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

Red Spot
Attila

Re: So what happened?

Post by Red Spot »

GSH wrote:You certainly earn the 'griefer' tag. Too bad, you could choose to be useful.
The sad thing is, how right you probably are. He and Veary, to name 2 of the worst, are probably 2 that could be a huge asset in improving this game.
Again it is sort of funny to see their discontent behaviour and have to come to the conclusion that with a different attitude they might have been able to have an impact on 1.3-development.
Col Klink
Sabre

Post by Col Klink »

GSH wrote:Admit to being a BZ2 griefer here, you earn that rank. It's 100% self-inflicted, sad to say.

-- GSH
You are so wrong bro...I didn't earn it...don't deserve it, and was just awarded it by default. You're free to delete my account at your discretion, but I'd like to keep it just for the sake of posting BZII related stuff for the benefit of your other members who have some interest in new BZII modeling ideas. I really don't appreciate your attitude toward me much at all, but I like Battlezone II well enough to tolerate the abuse I get on this forum if it means I can still post regardless of your personal bias toward me. I assume that you're already painfully aware that people on some of the other BZ forums lovingly refer to you as Adolf Hitler? I guess I'm not the only one that's somewhat unpopular with the masses. I prefer being labeled a Griefer compared to the label that you apparently self inflicted at some point in the past on yourself. Like I said, labeling people is fundamentally wrong, and once a label sticks it's very hard to get rid of it once enough people accept using them. Leroy aka Col Klink.

Back on topic: I'm in no position to force any help from of you, but I'll always ask anyways even though the answer is obviously no.
Feared_1
Sabre

Post by Feared_1 »

You guys are missing their point. Every single time. All of you. You refuse to understand their side of the story because you refuse to talk to them. Instead, you turn around, cover your ears, and say "LALALALA." You think you completely understand what they want and you think you completely understand their motives. You don't. You don't even know who they are.

I am not at all for the whole griefing thing, but there is a reason they're doing it. They're not griefing for the sake of griefing. Have ANY of you tried to talk to the "griefers" without crossing your arms, turning your head aside, and pointing your nose into the air? From what I hear from them, not at all. I have not been able to observe any interaction either, or even an effort to do so.

Come play Battlezone II, join TeamSpeak (even if you don't have a mic; you can listen), and pay attention. TALK to these "griefers" and you might just see their side. To be completely honest, it's not much different than yours.

The TeamSpeak they use is: 74.91.115.34:9988
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Col Klink wrote:
GSH wrote:Admit to being a BZ2 griefer here, you earn that rank. It's 100% self-inflicted, sad to say.

-- GSH
You are so wrong bro...I didn't earn it...don't deserve it, and was just awarded it by default. You're free to delete my account at your discretion, but I'd like to keep it just for the sake of posting BZII related stuff for the benefit of your other members who have some interest in new BZII modeling ideas. I really don't appreciate your attitude toward me much at all, but I like Battlezone II well enough to tolerate the abuse I get on this forum if it means I can still post regardless of your personal bias toward me. I assume that you're already painfully aware that people on some of the other BZ forums lovingly refer to you as Adolf Hitler? I guess I'm not the only one that's somewhat unpopular with the masses. I prefer being labeled a Griefer compared to the label that you apparently self inflicted at some point in the past on yourself. Like I said, labeling people is fundamentally wrong, and once a label sticks it's very hard to get rid of it once enough people accept using them. Leroy aka Col Klink.

Back on topic: I'm in no position to force any help from of you, but I'll always ask anyways even though the answer is obviously no.
The funny part is that you *don't* have it.
Col Klink
Sabre

Post by Col Klink »

Red Spot wrote:
GSH wrote:You certainly earn the 'griefer' tag. Too bad, you could choose to be useful.
The sad thing is, how right you probably are. He and Veary, to name 2 of the worst, are probably 2 that could be a huge asset in improving this game.
Again it is sort of funny to see their discontent behaviour and have to come to the conclusion that with a different attitude they might have been able to have an impact on 1.3-development.
I'm not too familiar with Veary in general, but he has made a pretty cool addon with the Sandbox mod. People like me and Veary aren't bad people at all. We just don't fit into the predefined molds that some people want us to fit into. We're independent free thinking people that are under appreciated, and regularly labeled as trouble makers by a few select nameless people. We're unpopular because we tend to rock the boat of boredom imposed by people intent on doing nothing new or innovative as far as BZII is concerned. We're not given much credit when we feel that we've contributed something or tried to participate in BZII development, and it gets old after a while. You all tolerate people like Nielk1 who by far is the biggest overall flamer that I've ever seen on any of the forums that I've posted on. He's probably very knowledgeable in terms of BZII know how, but always seems to intent on stirring up trouble where there really wasn't any to begin with. You all suggest that we all just all ignore nasty posts, but apparently some people feel compelled to do it anyways.

Back on topic: We want to contribute something to BZII, but as long as people keep labeling us as trouble makers after a while we just get fed up with all the BS that sours many people on this and other BZ forums.
Col Klink
Sabre

Post by Col Klink »

AHadley wrote:
Col Klink wrote:

-- GSH

The funny part is that you *don't* have it.
What? Respect? I have it from those who understand what I'm talking about. Hadley, you really are clueless aren't you? Go back and reread the post again.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

The griefer tag, you fool. The current topic of conversation. The thing you quoted Nathan talking about. The same damn thing *you* were talking about.
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

Col Klink, look at the word under Sly's name on the forums. GSH was not talking to you.
Sly
Griefer

Post by Sly »

Yeah, the people on here are basically just your typical nerds who probably don't have much going for them in RL, so they get a huge power hard-on because they have some sort of control over others in an online video game. It's really kind of sad...
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Sly speaks from a position of considerable personal experience on this subject. :lol:
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

Hey....

I don't have much going for me in RL... :|
Josiah
Sabre

Post by Josiah »

pardon? I have a 50-60hr week of work, and then on top of that I have tons of other stuff I do, like friends, yard work, electronics (dis)repair, home improvements, BATTLETECH, etc...

BUT, you did say "typical", so that does provide you with some... room for error.
Sly
Griefer

Post by Sly »

Sorry Josiah, I have much more of a life than you or anyone else here. I frequently do LARPing with my friends, along with writing and selling fan fiction for Card Captors fans, I also volunteer my time at a computer tech repair shop.
squirrelof09
Sabre

Post by squirrelof09 »

I'm going to go ahead and lock this.