BZ2 SP Mission Fixes

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

Red Devil
Recycler

Re: Help in "An Unlikely Rescue"?

Post by Red Devil »

it looks like the bridges are on an enemy team, so maybe a wandering AAN sabre killed it. btw, once you kill the bridge ramp, the rest of the bridge blows up like it was designed to do.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Could you make the bridge neutral so it wont be blown up and the mission plays as you are being told by the objectives?
Also, wasnt the mission so you could not go to the AAN base before you blew up the bridge or else the AAN got a 'nasty surprise'?
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

yup, that's how it's supposed to play
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

i checked that map in the 1.2 data pak and the bridge is set to team 3, same side as the enemy.
Abraham Lincoln

Wolfram
Scrap

Post by Wolfram »

Thanks guys, I started it over (again) and this time, it worked out! don't know why though, but I don't really care :P Thanks for all the help!
Cirno
Scrap

Post by Cirno »

I had the same problem and, wouldn't you know it, it was caused by Manson assigning one of his scouts to me. The mission wouldn't advance, and I was on the verge of giving up, but when I destroyed the scouts Manson gave me to make room for more units to build, the mission suddenly progressed. I guess the scouts are supposed to die at some point??
Wolfram
Scrap

Post by Wolfram »

I didn't receive any scout from Manson, so I couldn't really tell. By the way, Red Spot mentioned something about a "nasty surprise", was that the 4 missile scouts and the 4 assault tanks that spawn next to Manson's base? The first time I played the mission, it really annoyed me, I had only taken another warrior with me :P
Cirno
Scrap

Post by Cirno »

AFAIK those guys only show up if you go to Manson's base too soon. Once you get the mission to destroy the bridge, they won't spawn any more and you can focus on other things.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

Manson gives you a Scout? I've never seen nor heard that before. when did that happen for you?

edit: there's nothing in the code that does that, either, so that's perplexing to hear that.
Abraham Lincoln

Cirno
Scrap

Post by Cirno »

Maybe I accidentally sniped it or one of my pilots got in somehow... Whatever the case was, the service bay was highlighted with a "Go To" objective as well. I'll have to replay that mission and see if I can get it to happen again.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

accidentally sniping an ai-team craft; yup, that'll do it. :D
Abraham Lincoln

Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Cirno wrote:Maybe I accidentally sniped it or one of my pilots got in somehow... Whatever the case was, the service bay was highlighted with a "Go To" objective as well. I'll have to replay that mission and see if I can get it to happen again.
That would be it; the "go to" was the last thing that scout was ordered to do by DLL.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Red Devil wrote:i checked that map in the 1.2 data pak and the bridge is set to team 3, same side as the enemy.
Thats why I didnt make a statement, but asked if it could be placed on an other team, to prevent it being shot down by the AI.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

nah, that'd be too easy... :P

the problem is that the sabres being built by the factory are picked up by the idle dispatcher and sent to attack random targets. with the bridge being the only target around in the early going, it gets nominated and picked.

i'll just remove the idle dispatcher section from its aip's and see how it goes.
Abraham Lincoln

Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

that stops the sabres from attacking the bridge, but they attack the enemy vehicles in range
Abraham Lincoln