BZ2 SP Mission Fixes

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

MrTwosheds
Recycler

Re: BZ2 SP DLL Fixes

Post by MrTwosheds »

Still no base building occurring, appears to be trying to build fvtank without bothering with scavs-constructor-kiln-forge first.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

the base is already built/pre-placed on the other side of the tunnel. the builder just builds a spire or two near the mat.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Maybe I was foolishly expecting the recycler that drives through the tunnel to actually do something once it deploys.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

i should swap out the 3rd AIP with the 2nd, which does more. it can't build any more buildings (except the stronghold, since they already exist on the other side of the tunnel), so the only thing it can do more of is build spires and attack more.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

okay, uploaded one that uses the 2nd AIP when it nears its deploy point, so redownload/install it and give it a go.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

So......any other SP missions that need to be tweaked?
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Red Devil wrote:So......any other SP missions that need to be tweaked?
I think they all can be tweaked, but that more in the order of making them a bit more difficult so they stay a bit more entertaining to those who played them countless times (and would prevent them being included in any PB).

I'll give these missions a go during the weekend and report back if I find anything interesting. Thanks for the work RD ;)
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

The one where you have to tug Burns needs a way for the Scions to win regardless of their recycler dying. Killing that is the killswitch on the mission.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

oh yeah, forgot about that one. i'm going through them all now with cheat ships to speed things up
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Typically any mission with a Matriarch can be ruined by killing it first. In 1.2, the AI would freeze and stop everything. I forget which mission, but it is where you are watching the dropship take Burns to blow up. If you skip the cutscene, you can attack the Matriarch before the Scions become hostile, and order everything you have to kill it. In 1.2 it was possible to do this in one swoop, but in 1.3 I had to snipe some scouts to finish it off with plasma. Doing this made it laughably easy, besides the scripted Titans of course.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Red Devil wrote:oh yeah, forgot about that one. i'm going through them all now with cheat ships to speed things up
You made FE into a monster by doing that. Be careful.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

nope, the fixed/improved AIP attacker plans did that. i'll have to adjust the AIPs to compensate
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Or not use cheat ships. In any case where a fixed mission DLL comes with brand new ODFs too I am very dubious.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

that's because you don't read
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Red Devil wrote:that's because you don't read
Noooooo.

Its because normally when "brand new" ODFs are used that means that the person felt the need to invent entirely new objects for the mission. Adjusting existing objects is fine, because that means that the game balance itself still has to be preserved, but in any case where you feel the need to include entirely new, never before used by that filename ODFs, I know that with your track record you are most likely messing with something other than just the mission's stability.

Its bad enough what you did to FE with all that G66 inspired crap. All the junk you jammed into G66 collapsing entirely separate versions together was horrific too. I will not see you mess up stock too.