BZ2 SP Mission Fixes

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

Red Spot
Attila

Re: BZ2 SP DLL Fixes

Post by Red Spot »

Sly wrote:Heh...looks like the modders don't just gang up on outsiders; if they don't have someone to go after, they will begin eating at each other's ankles..I may not agree with Red Devil all the time, but he doesn't deserve this type of abuse....Poor guy.
Pot calling the kettle black Sly, but since you know so much about this community I shouldnt have to tell you that.
In any case, modders dont really gang up on anybody and specially not outsiders, I do know a crowd that does do that though. You know, like griefing people ingame, but always with 2 at the same time, as if they dont have the balls to come alone ;)
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Sly wrote:looks like the modders don't just gang up on outsiders;
Go away sly, known nicks pls
Feared_1
Sabre

Post by Feared_1 »

There's a difference between ganging up and not allowing.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Feared_1 wrote:There's a difference between ganging up and not allowing.
In the case of known nicks it was both :D
Feared_1
Sabre

Post by Feared_1 »

No. Sorry.

Possibly more true now than before, but generally not true.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Feared_1 wrote:No. Sorry.

Possibly more true now than before, but generally not true.

You. Don't. Get. It. [/inrhythm with GIF]

Keep reading above post until it becomes true. While post not true, refer to this post. Do not continue with thread until post above = true
Wolfram
Scrap

Help in "An Unlikely Rescue"?

Post by Wolfram »

Hello everyone, I started playing this game again after some years last month, when clearing some old boxes in my garage found the old cd. I managed to get it working, and everything was great, until i came to this mission. I don't know if i'm doing something wrong or what, but in a certain point in the mission, Manson's recycler collapses. It isn't destroyed by anyone, at one moment is fully healthy, and in the other is dust. i did pretty much everything i could do, even sent 3 full squads of warriors to defend it, but it was useless. I don't know what to do, so if someone could help me, I'd really appreciate it.
Axeminister
Sabre

Re: Help in "An Unlikely Rescue"?

Post by Axeminister »

You have to destroy the bridge so that doesn't happen, it's a timed event, so if you wait too long then it does what you witnessed. Killing the assault tanks there helps too.
So build your Scion base, minimal defenses, build about 6 warriors, take out bridge when prompted then assault tanks. After that then move a builder to Mansons base and build Spires in front of his base.
He who does not advance themselves, endlessly becomes themselves.

http://www.reverbnation.com/tunepak/3606640
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

try the DLL fixes here:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1205
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
Wolfram
Scrap

Post by Wolfram »

Thanks guys, I've downloaded the fixes and now i'll try to do it. I'll tell you if it worked :P

EDIT: Well, i've been playing the mission for a while now, and it doesn't happen anymore. There are a few things i'm sure they shouldn't happen though xD

1) When I was told to destroy the bridge, I realised there was no bridge at all. 3 Manson's Sabres had already destroyed it.
2) Remember the missile scouts and the assault tanks that used to appear when you get to Manson's base? well, they've never appeared. In fact, I haven't received any attack since I've been in Manson's base. Only a few Sabres, but in the Scion base.

And the mission is kind of stuck, I've been wondering the map for about 10 mins now, and nothing happens. Nothing at all.

Any more advice you could give? Are the things I just described ok?
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

you running a savegame? if not, it's not supposed to behave like that. worked fine on my end earlier... :-/
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Wolfram
Scrap

Post by Wolfram »

I don't know what else to do, i'll tell you what I do

Deploy mat, build 2 scavs and deploy them in the nearby pools
Build Kiln
Build 4 more turrets
Deploy another scav, and another one for loose scrap
Build another Builder
Upgrade Ext.
Upgrade Kiln
Build Antenna and Upgrade to Overseer
Build Stronghold
Build Dower
Start making tanks, and send them to Manson's base (with one of the builders, and I start building spires via overseer)

then they tell me to destroy the bridge, which is not there, and since then, nothing. Should I do something in another way, what would you reccomend?
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

i'll look at it right now.
Abraham Lincoln

Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

works fine for me using the new dll; you using 1.2 or 1.3? install the dll's to addon\missions?
Abraham Lincoln

Wolfram
Scrap

Post by Wolfram »

it is 1.3, and yes, I installed the addons there. I'll keep trying then, i hope that eventually it'll work :P