b91t test build posted

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

GSH
Patch Creator

b91t test build posted

Post by GSH »

I've posted a test build to http://matesfamily.org/bz2/b91t.7z - a build of BZ2 that should be based on newer than 1.3.6.2 code plus support to for the RakNet matchmaking system.

Notes:
- USE THIS ONLY FOR TESTING RAKNET. Really
- If you don't know how to deal with a .7z file, you're not the target audience of this build
- Unpack this on top of a clean 1.3.6.2 install, with the bzone.exe in the b91t.7z overwriting 1.3.6.2's bzone.exe
- Not network compatible with 1.3.6.2 games.

-- GSH
Red Devil
Recycler

Re: b91t test build posted

Post by Red Devil »

works well; laving a DM up
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

I joined RD's deathmatch test for some 20 minutes or so and we were running around the map blowing each other up. Matchmaking worked with no strange behavior noticed. It seemed smooth and stable with no problems with the networking code despite the fact that I had moderate packet loss for the first minute or so after I joined. Wouldnt mind doing some more stressful tests over the weekend to see how well the matchmaking and network code hold up, moar players are needed I think.
Regulators
Regulate any stealin' of this biometal pool, we're damn good, too
But you can't be any geek off the street
Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean
Earn your keep
yeah
Rattler

Post by yeah »

I can could see red devil server, but when try to join I got a natnegotiate error.
Are there any additional changes required for local firewall or router?
TwinShadow
Sabre

Post by TwinShadow »

Since it appears OpenSpy fell through, what lead to using RakNet? This is mainly for curiosity sake since I looked at the discussion about the use of OpenSpy.
If you happen to be looking through my posts, I have completely dumped all things related to Battlezone. Do not contact me, do not bother me. Been harassed enough as it is and am done entirely.
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

I can join RD's chat but if i try to join the game i get "natnegotiate failed: unknown error".

Guess i have to wait to someone has a game up.
Activision anet servers for all legacy anet games: Anet Servers
BattleZone Club (Supporting BattleZone 1.4, The Red Odyssey, BattleZone Enhanced, BattleZone 1.5 and Bionite)
BattleZone 1 Community Since 2002
Axeminister
Sabre

Post by Axeminister »

I used to always have a problem with YEAH when he joined my worlds. His connection would sometimes say there was no ping from him and deny him to enter, other times it would let him enter. Whatever kind of connection he has may not be compatable with the game.
He who does not advance themselves, endlessly becomes themselves.

http://www.reverbnation.com/tunepak/3606640
yeah
Rattler

Post by yeah »

Axeminister wrote:I used to always have a problem with YEAH when he joined my worlds. His connection would sometimes say there was no ping from him and deny him to enter, other times it would let him enter. Whatever kind of connection he has may not be compatable with the game.
Excuse me? I have no idea what triggered that remark or whether have a memory blackout. We played plenty of games (actually for while rather regularly) without any problems. So I did with others as well. There is nothing "incompatible" other than possible occasional provider or connection hickup.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

za was able to join my games. is there a firewall entry for that instance of bz2 in your exceptions list?

i have found that if i copy an install, the firewall exceptions do no follow it.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
Huib-Bloodstone
Rattler

Post by Huib-Bloodstone »

no problems here so far.. :twisted:
Axeminister
Sabre

Post by Axeminister »

YEAH, don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about a problem with you the player. But about half the time when you join the computer says this client is not ponging and you aren't able to join. It's most likely the occasional provider or connection hickup that you are speaking of. Maybe you are having that problem with the new server, I don't know. I suggest you just keep trying like normal.
He who does not advance themselves, endlessly becomes themselves.

http://www.reverbnation.com/tunepak/3606640
yeah
Rattler

Post by yeah »

axeminister: I know that this was not about player problem or personal issue. But that's the point is, that I recall no "half of the time" scenarios and hence the suggestion that the problem to join red devil's server is due to "some weird property of my internet connection" seems rather off and is not really helping to nail down the actual cause but rather distracting from it. Moreover I wasn't the only one having getting natnegotiation either.
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

I have noticed that my antivirus program does not like raknet at all and raknet will refuse to work while my antivirus is enabled.

I think what you should try to do, Yeah, is to find out what might be causing the problem. Maybe the source of the problem is Windows Firewall (e.g. wrong settings on it), maybe its uPNP support is lacking on your router, maybe its antivirus, etc. It would be nice to identify the problem ASAP rather than simply saying a vague 'its not working' because if you cant narrow down the cause of the problem then a fix wont be able to be developed for future versions -- thats what testing is all about, is providing information, and its hopefully provided from people who know how to diagnose a problem and point it out.
Regulators
Regulate any stealin' of this biometal pool, we're damn good, too
But you can't be any geek off the street
Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean
Earn your keep
yeah
Rattler

Post by yeah »

Zero Angel wrote:I have noticed that my antivirus program does not like raknet at all and raknet will refuse to work while my antivirus is enabled.

I think what you should try to do, Yeah, is to find out what might be causing the problem. Maybe the source of the problem is Windows Firewall (e.g. wrong settings on it), maybe its uPNP support is lacking on your router, maybe its antivirus, etc. It would be nice to identify the problem ASAP rather than simply saying a vague 'its not working' because if you cant narrow down the cause of the problem then a fix wont be able to be developed for future versions -- thats what testing is all about, is providing information, and its hopefully provided from people who know how to diagnose a problem and point it out.
Not sure, what gives you idea that I supposedly said "It's not woring".

I said, I got an natnegotiation error (like apollo) when I try join red devil's DM server and asked whether anything has changed regarding firewall or router settings - precisely to track down the problem. However right now it looks like volatile problem as when I tried it for a second time it actually worked nicely. When I get time I do a bit more testing with different machines to see whether that problem shows up again or whether is was just a random fluke.
RubiconAlpha
Rattler

Post by RubiconAlpha »

Zero Angel wrote:I have noticed that my antivirus program does not like raknet at all and raknet will refuse to work while my antivirus is enabled.
Same here. Using Norton 360.