Post by General BlackDragon »

ditto
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
Zero Angel
Attila

Re: Battlezone II v1.3.6.3 Public Beta released

Post by Zero Angel »

The 'server state corrupt' (SSC) AV seems to happen during heavy amounts of lag or resyncs. Not sure as to whether it prevents the netcode from going completely off the rails as I havent seen it occur before 6.3.

Can anyone verify whether pause join is useful for preventing resyncing or SSC AVs?
Regulators
Regulate any stealin' of this biometal pool, we're damn good, too
But you can't be any geek off the street
Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean
Earn your keep
Juggernaut
Thunderbolt

Post by Juggernaut »

The 'server state corrupt' (SSC) AV seems to happen during heavy amounts of lag or resyncs.
I am finding this is also happening on servers/players with low pings. The low ping DM was in today worked fine anytime I joined as an ISDF scout. If I selected the Avenger it would error out upon 'game enter' each time. I didn't try other ships.

Another thing I find interesting is the server will not show up until a minute or so later, but other servers are visible. Today was the 1st time I didn't see the 'enter game' button on an active game. Had to restart BZ2.

In another 3v3 strat game, Kebbz kept seeing a flash of a quardian where it should not be, then disappear. Seems to be asset related issues causing alot of the lagouts/issues.
Specs:
Win 10 Pro 64bit OS
i5 3570K @4.5Ghz CPU
16GB DDR31600 Corsair RAM
MSI Z77A-G41 MOBO
Crucial 256GB SSD | 500GB WD HDD
EVGA REF GTX-970 4GB ACX 2.1 GPU
27" LG D2743 Cinema 3D IPS LED @1920x1080 60Hz
ASUS Xonar DGX APU
Cable Internet - 35Mb/6Mb
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

i have been seeing ghost unit identifications in odd places, like on top of mesas where i was a few minutes before.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

Juggernaut wrote:
The 'server state corrupt' (SSC) AV seems to happen during heavy amounts of lag or resyncs.
I am finding this is also happening on servers/players with low pings. The low ping DM was in today worked fine anytime I joined as an ISDF scout. If I selected the Avenger it would error out upon 'game enter' each time. I didn't try other ships.

Another thing I find interesting is the server will not show up until a minute or so later, but other servers are visible. Today was the 1st time I didn't see the 'enter game' button on an active game. Had to restart BZ2.

In another 3v3 strat game, Kebbz kept seeing a flash of a quardian where it should not be, then disappear. Seems to be asset related issues causing alot of the lagouts/issues.
That's why i've scrounged up a clean install. Can you verify that other players have been on the 'clean' install more-or-less?

I'm also trying to determine whether VSR 4.2 (even with dsuser and dsuser_m files removed) interacts badly with 6.3, but havent been able to get enough testing data to determine if it does in fact make lag worse since this needs to be test under controlled conditions (e.g. ensuring that the players you play with normally do not 'bring lag into the game')
Regulators
Earn your keep
Juggernaut
Thunderbolt

Post by Juggernaut »

That's why i've scrounged up a clean install. Can you verify that other players have been on the 'clean' install more-or-less?
Most have been using a clean install.
I'm also trying to determine whether VSR 4.2 (even with dsuser and dsuser_m files removed) interacts badly with 6.3, but havent been able to get enough testing data to determine if it does in fact make lag worse since this needs to be test under controlled conditions (e.g. ensuring that the players you play with normally do not 'bring lag into the game')
I'm finding lag in 6.3 is usually only caused when frequent joins/quits happen. Otherwise, it seems to handle well, even with people with high pings surprisingly. I'll be around for VSR4.2/PB6.3 testing tonight if you want to coordinate on TS? I'm managing to get a few large strats up here and there but those have all been on clean installs of 6.3. I'll try and stay logged into TS today if you want to reach me.

The limited testing in 6.3/VSR was fairly decent (1 game) using your workaround: (manually selecting the VSR variant from the list - otherwise ice cream or hadean recyclers would not spawn seeing the defaults got changed).
Specs:
Win 10 Pro 64bit OS
i5 3570K @4.5Ghz CPU
MSI Z77A-G41 MOBO
ASUS Xonar DGX APU
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

Juggernaut wrote:
Most have been using a clean install.
I'm finding lag in 6.3 is usually only caused when frequent joins/quits happen. Otherwise, it seems to handle well, even with people with high pings surprisingly. I'll be around for VSR4.2/PB6.3 testing tonight if you want to coordinate on TS? I'm managing to get a few large strats up here and there but those have all been on clean installs of 6.3. I'll try and stay logged into TS today if you want to reach me.

The limited testing in 6.3/VSR was fairly decent (1 game) using your workaround: (manually selecting the VSR variant from the list - otherwise ice cream or hadean recyclers would not spawn seeing the defaults got changed).
Thanks for the offer. This should be fairly easy to test though. Just join a stock game without VSR and play for awhile, then install VSR, remove the dsuser/dsuser_m files, and try joining the same game and see if it tanks.

I will actually do some tests myself by joining stock games with and without the development version of VSR 4.3. If the game tanks with VSR installed but not without, I know that something in the 1.3.6.3 is causing VSR assets to get loaded into memory when they shouldnt be (if they are, my money would be on some of the racial assets like espilo) and that's whats causing the games to tank.
Regulators
Earn your keep
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

Yup, 'X' is definitely ruining games intentionally. I've someone attempt to use the pre-1.3 AV on my server, coincidentally when 'X' was hosting games -- The IP is a changed one, indicating potential VPN use.
Regulators
Earn your keep
-APOCALYPSE-
Rattler

Post by -APOCALYPSE- »

Hi there,

I am unable to play multi-player due to upnp redirection failure. I have tried disabling it in the router, It was ok but unable to detect private address (Statically Assigned from Router). I have forwarded ports and still no luck. Re-enabled UPnP and its the same story with the redirect. It is just unable to pick up my private address. Once it does pick it up, it comes up as localhost (127.0.0.1). Firewall entries have been allowed on both private and public. Router is running the latest firmware aswell and its a D-Link DSL-2640R (Pathetic router i know. Has poor wifi too and needs to be replaced at some point).

Im getting the picture that bz2 wants me out of its life.
Regards,

-APOCALYPSE-
Commando
Flying Mauler

Post by Commando »

Have you tried manually forwarding ports 17770 to 17772 both UDP and TCP?
Juggernaut
Thunderbolt

Post by Juggernaut »

It's possible UNPN is broken on your router. I know I had this issue on my Linksys but fortunately the upgraded firmware corrects it. In your case, the latest firmware may have issues with UPNP. So port forwarding may be your only option if you want to host.

In RE: to your port forwarding not working:
Some routers require a static IP address on the PC you are forwarding to. Otherwise port forwarding may fail even if it's forwarded to the correct IP (they may exclude any forwarding to IPs w/in the DHCP scope). Ports 17770-17772 need to be forwarded to a static IP address that is outside of the DHCP scope (a typical DCHP scope on a Linksys is 192.168.1.100 - 149). So you would go to your local network adapter properties of the PC you want to forward to, go into TCP/IP 4 properties, and set a static address of 192.168.1.50 (as this is outside of the scope in this example) subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 and gateway to 192.168.1.1 (your router's IP), and DNS can be the same as gateway. Then set your port forward 17770-17772 to 192.168.1.50.
Specs:
Win 10 Pro 64bit OS
i5 3570K @4.5Ghz CPU
MSI Z77A-G41 MOBO
ASUS Xonar DGX APU
-APOCALYPSE-
Rattler

Post by -APOCALYPSE- »

Hi there,

I forgot to add some details so i'll add them after this:-

Sadly, all ip addresses that my router is able to assign are all within the dhcp scope and will not allow use of ips outside its range which it should but doesn't. I have even set my laptop into the DMZ and still UPnP Failure.

Now the addons:-

On my old compaq, bz2 would absolutely fine with the same router and with its latest firmware. My compaq too was assigned a static IP at the time configured from the router only. (My laptop was mobile as I take it to college. I don't trust the college computers.) It was also running Windows 7. My new HP is running Windows 8 so I am unsure of the OS has any involvement in this. I can not downgrade the OS due to voiding of warranty. If it something to do with the OS then I am unable to play bz2 for over a year unless an alternate method is found. I will NOT use a VPN either because a) its too much hassle b) it will prevent me accessing my VPS due to ip range is similar. That was with GameSpy though. The b91t patch for multiplayer however will not work with either compaq or HP. (Compaq has gone now so tests can not be performed)
Regards,

-APOCALYPSE-
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Under EU law, changing OS or firmware doesn't void your warranty (a fact that no manufacturer can override). Feel free to downgrade.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Baconboy
Attila

Post by Baconboy »

On the case of the "hackers" and the reoccurring "_____ has entered the world":
Revenge and I were playing a game of FE and it started doing that. No hacker joined. It just started. I left his game and reconnected and we had no problems. This seems serious, and idk if that's a solution but it worked. But seriously, this problem is bad.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Playing FE in 6.3 will probably cause problems.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!