Can I get a list of all the issues with the SP campaign?

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Can I get a list of all the issues with the SP campaign?

Post by Nielk1 »

I am thinking about doing a "Lets Play (and Fix) Battlezone II: Combat Commander" and would like to take the opportunity to play each mission several times in 1.2 and 1.3 and make the needed corrections. Having hints on what I need to fix could greatly accelerate the process and help me avoid missing anything.

So, just start dumping your issues with the latest patch's campaign in this thread to be sure I can fix them all.
Red Devil
Recycler

Re: Can I get a list of all the issues with the SP campaign?

Post by Red Devil »

already fixed a bunch of them; look around
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Red Devil wrote:already fixed a bunch of them; look around
Thank you for being useless.
They don't work and you only 'fixed' 3.

Anyone have any actual helpful comment, like some issues or existing fixes?
Last edited by Nielk1 on Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Red Devil wrote:already fixed a bunch of them; look around
There are plenty more bugs than that. Your current fixes appear to have not been included, and they were create before the current beta anyway so there's no guarantee they'll work any more.

Also,
Other developers tend to find that helpful.

EDIT: Ninja Nielk.
EDIT2: I have no edit timestamps. Ninja edits!
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

yes, because they weren't included that automatically means that yours will...

yes, it follows...

it doesn't mean that people didn't test them out - as they are asked to do - so that they would be vetted and then included...

no...no...of course not...

:roll:
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Red Devil wrote:yes, because they weren't included that automatically means that yours will...

yes, it follows...

it doesn't mean that people didn't test them out - as they are asked to do - so that they would be vetted and then included...

no...no...of course not...

:roll:
Well, you could link them, or list them, or something else, but instead you decided to be a twit about it. Plus, I am asking for issues, not fixes, and I will be documenting and testing them very well considering the planned full series of videos.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

- Not my fixes. I use C#, not C++ (though that will likely soon change).
- I did not say Nielk's fixes *would* be implemented.
- People did test them out. For five pages (7 page thread - 2 pages of arguing over your methods).

Further, see here.
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

I didnt see the source files in the Zip you posted on forums
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
Commando
Flying Mauler

Post by Commando »

Funny, you guys take the time to whine about single player. Didn't see any of you around to help test 1.6.3 before release.

Since December 08, I've maybe been able to put in 10 hours of testing time. I've possibly put in hundreds of hours of testing. After 08, others couldn't be bother to assist with testing MP, which prevented me from being able to do my job.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

They're only available on bugzilla. I haven't looked at the source any more than to verify its presence as I don't have Visual Studio or other capable program installed right now.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Commando wrote:Funny, you guys take the time to whine about single player. Didn't see any of you around to help test 1.6.3 before release.

Since December 08, I've maybe been able to put in 10 hours of testing time. I've possibly put in hundreds of hours of testing. After 08, others couldn't be bother to assist with testing MP, which prevented me from being able to do my job.
Yea, I didn't test much at all. I was busy nearly dying from a drug-disease interaction but I'm feeling better now. I am on my way out on BZ involvement simply because the community has become such ****. I have skills that are far better used elsewhere and I have my personal well-being to consider. I am doing what I can to give one last thing to the community here in providing such fixes while simultaneously giving a nice public spotlight to the game and the fact it continues to evolve.
TwinShadow
Sabre

Post by TwinShadow »

I have completed the BZ2 campaign several times on 1.3 so far and have had little issues. I can't remember if any one mission gave me any problems, but it all played just fine for me. I almost thought about doing a Let's Play myself for BZ2, but I've held off on that for other projects.

Of course, I haven't beta tested 1.3 in a while and I can probably get back in easy if I just asked. But I don't because there's no point anymore due to how the community is and my interest in BZ2 has waned quite a bit. Just playing privately for nostalgia purposes now.
If you happen to be looking through my posts, I have completely dumped all things related to Battlezone. Do not contact me, do not bother me. Been harassed enough as it is and am done entirely.
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

TwinShadow wrote:..no point anymore due to how the community is and my interest in BZ2 has waned quite a bit. Just playing privately for nostalgia purposes now.
^That.
The only reall gamebreaker is the Scion mission where you need to save some ISDF guys by destroying a bridge. Cant recall the mission name atm.
For the rest "each and every mission" has issues, even the early ISDF ones have some things in them that at the very least make me wonder.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

The first scion craft you ever meet is attacked immediately by your wingman, unless that's been fixed.
TwinShadow
Sabre

Post by TwinShadow »

Red Spot wrote:
TwinShadow wrote:..no point anymore due to how the community is and my interest in BZ2 has waned quite a bit. Just playing privately for nostalgia purposes now.
^That.
The only reall gamebreaker is the Scion mission where you need to save some ISDF guys by destroying a bridge. Cant recall the mission name atm.
For the rest "each and every mission" has issues, even the early ISDF ones have some things in them that at the very least make me wonder.
I've not had a problem with that mission I don't think. But I know which one you're talking about.
Nielk1 wrote:The first scion craft you ever meet is attacked immediately by your wingman, unless that's been fixed.
That's never been fixed, but it never proves to be a problem for the most part. Just miss a little bit of dialog about it deploying and Shabayev ordering an attack.
If you happen to be looking through my posts, I have completely dumped all things related to Battlezone. Do not contact me, do not bother me. Been harassed enough as it is and am done entirely.