Battlezone II v1.3.6.4 Public Beta released

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

GSH
Patch Creator

Battlezone II v1.3.6.4 Public Beta released

Post by GSH »

Ladies and gentlemen, we are pleased to announce that the Battlezone 2 patch version 1.3.6.4 Public Beta has been released. You can download it from http://matesfamily.org/bz2 .

Major features of v1.3.6.4 Public Beta:
- Replacement matchmaking provided by RakNet
- Various other fixes and optimizations.

Legal disclaimer
This Battlezone II Combat Commander 1.3 patch comes with no warranty, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Except when otherwise stated in writing the copyright holders and/or other parties provide the package "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose and the accuracy of the information contained within it. The entire risk as to the quality and performance of the package is with you.

According to the publisher, the last officially supported patch is the 1.1 patch.

-- GSH
Commando
Flying Mauler

Re: Battlezone II v1.3.6.4 Public Beta released

Post by Commando »

Joined a game hosted by Alexis. Leutenant-ita was the other client.

Two bugs reported.

1. Leutenant-ita reports he could not upgrade any structures as Scion. He would give the order, the cons would move then nothing. When I tried it, I got the rejection voice over "Cannot Comply". This affects both ISDF and Scions. It appears to affect all recycler variants.

2. I observed Leutenant-ita sniping multiple times and his shot was never rendered.

3. There was a little jumping around by player ships if they slowly strafed left and right to dodge shots.
Commando
Flying Mauler

Post by Commando »

Recycler was fvrecy_mb. We gave the upgrade command and the cons spits out "I don't think so".
yeah
Rattler

Post by yeah »

There is a display issue with the installer. The first window that opens and in which you pick the installation directory is not fully displayed. In particular everything below the input box containing the installation directory is nor visible due to the window being to small and not resizeable. I had that problem on 2 different machines (windows 7, 1600x900 and windows XP (service pack 3), 1920x1200). In earlier 1.3 versions that installation window was also always not fully displayed either, but the buttons belong the installation directory where at least partially visible and hence could be triggered, but this the installation seems impossible because the buttons cannot be triggered due to being completely invisible.
yeah
Rattler

Post by yeah »

Ok my recollection of the older installation procedure in previous posting was not quite correct but I pinpointed the problem now though.
The install button is displayed above the input box for the selected directory, but it only shows up after the directory was selected. What changed from 1.3.6.3 and earlier to 1.3.6.4 seems to be how the installer verifies the chosen installation directory. Up to 1.3.6.3 you could simply create a copy of the original 1.0/1.1 installation directory and point to the installer to that directory as the installation directory and for some reason that no longer works with the 1.3.6.4 the installer. Now if you pick a directory, which is a copy of an original 1.0/1.1 installation, the install button doesn't show. Interestingly it still works if you pick an existing an older 1.3.6.x installation directory which itself nevertheless was installed over such copied directory.
GSH
Patch Creator

Post by GSH »

Yeah-
I'm running 1920x1200, Win7/64 on my main box at home, and the installer looks just fine to me. Can you go to Control Panel -> Display, and see what the "Make it easier to read what's on your screen" options are set to? I use 100% scaling.

-- GSH
yeah
Rattler

Post by yeah »

Ok mea culpa!!
This is a bit embarrassing and hopefully my last posting regarding my (self caused) installation problems.
First of all the 1.3.6.4 installer works as the earlier onces regarding the directory selection. The reason why I didn't in my case is because i had am additional directory in between, meaning not the directory I picked for the installation contain the actual copy of the 1.0/1.1 installation directory but a subdirectory of it. This was due to the fact that I keep the copy of the original 1.0/1.1 as a zip-files that itself contains an additional top level directory, something I had forgotten and did not realize during my first installation attempts. So the installation works fine.

As far as the display problem is concerned, it does not affect the install button as it shows up above the selected directory. However the input box for the directory is not fully displayed due to the fixed window size of the installer being to small. But this minor problem doesn't affect the installation it just impairs the visual confirmation of your selected directory and blocks you from entering it by via the keyboard, which is not necessary though as you can pick it via the file selector. Falsely recalling the install showing up under the selected directory, I assumed the button not being displayed due to the installer window being to small.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

if you are using ati/amd graphics card, there is an option in Catalyst called GPU scaling. if you have it and it is on, turn it off. i tried turning it on a couple weeks ago and forgot about it and experienced the same problems as you. might do the same thing as desktop size, but in a different place.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
vlad_C0M
Rattler

Post by vlad_C0M »

Sorry, I dont undestand, what about scion upgrade bug? I cant upg anything. (Trying to full reinstall, but it doesnt work)
Scion dream ۩
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

vlad, it's a bug, not something you did. it's being worked on right now.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Iron_Maiden
Bull Dog

Post by Iron_Maiden »

So, Should I install this patch now or wait for another update like the one above?
Known on FF.net as John Mccallistair, link provided below if you're interested.

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5916137/John-Mccallistair
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

1.3.6.4b was released; install that.
Abraham Lincoln

Sabre Tank
Thunderbolt

Post by Sabre Tank »

Hmm, the installer doesn't want to start up! When I try to run it, I get the computer mouse and hourglass symbol and then it just sits there.

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out.
Iron_Maiden
Bull Dog

Post by Iron_Maiden »

Noticed on first Bane mission that the Scions still don't set up a base at where the convoy goes.

Also, interesting bug in On Thin ice where even though the recycler wanders on some thin ice but makes it to solid ice, the Australian guy proclaims the mission over and you lose.
Known on FF.net as John Mccallistair, link provided below if you're interested.

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5916137/John-Mccallistair