BZ2 1.3.6.4b patch - OPEN BETA & TESTING

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

GSH
Patch Creator

BZ2 1.3.6.4b patch - OPEN BETA & TESTING

Post by GSH »

Download this and unpack over your existing 1.3.6.4 install's exe. This is a quick patch that re-enables construction rig upgrades and a few other very minor tweaks

If you can, please install and test this. I think that this build is about 99.9% of what I want to put into a 1.3.6.5 release. Your best chance of having bugs fixed for 1.3.6.5 is to report things on the 1.3.6.3 series. Logfiles -- battlezone.log and chatlog (if enabled) -- are useful. Otherwise, reporting things in a way that makes them happen here is best.

What's changed since 1.3.6.4-release
- Construction rigs can upgrade once again. Was bit by false positives
from a security check added. [NM]

- Extra work to ensure out-of-syncs are noted and reported. [NM]

-- 1.3.6.4a build

- Move score CRCs into per-timestep state checks. This simplifies
items to track, is a net deletion of code, and should hopefully fix
the issues seen with false positives on scores out of sync. [NM]

- Slightly better cleanup of AttackGroups() when a unit is destroyed.
Shouldn't ever allow a dead object to be chosen for a group
leader. [NM]

- Fix root cause of score desyncs; was switching tracking of kills and
deaths for clients. [NM]

-- 1.3.6.4b build
-- GSH
Gontar
Scrap

Re: BZ2 1.3.6.4b patch - OPEN BETA & TESTING

Post by Gontar »

Hi, im Sgt.Gontar, i play BZ2 since 2007 but i never joined the Forums before, yesterday me and some friends + Others where testing the new Release since Extractors Upgrade was Bugged.

And we are glad you fixed that in the new release, thanks you.

Well, we played and tested the new release 1.3.6.4b and noticed that now we can upgrade the extractors, but a few moments later we noticed some new bugs, some really weirds bugs....
Going to make a list of all bugs we noticed for easyer explantation:

-1: SCION "SNIPER" is an "INFINITE AMMO" "ULTRA HEAVY MACHINEGUN" (Sniper has Infinite ammo since the new patch, 0,2 seconds reload time and insta kill any vehicle pilot it shoots, no matter where the vehicle is hit... this glitch only happens in ST matches and appears randomly between players, cant figure out how or why)

-2: Random exploding Harvesters (all harvesters blew up for no apparent reason while playing a ST Match (really weird but really helped the other team win, but not angry about that)

-3: Archers from Scion faction dont shoot plasma mortar rounds anymore, now they prefeer to shoot barrages of rockets at enemyes instead of bombarding bases also some weird ray came out of the archer dunno know why but looks like it was a shadow/lights source glitch of mine. (was really fun watching that when playing with some friends but really, a barrage of rockets owned all our forces when approaching to kill the archers, we found a nasty surprise, they where not defenceless, "not today" archers said and they took payback from years of being killed by all of us...)

-4: Sniper blowed up Guardian Anti sniper cockpit Glass killing the pilot, from behind, shooting the back side of the ship...

-5: We think Bug 4 is because of bug 1 (at least it looks like only Scion Rapid fire Sniper can penetrate all Armor and kill the pilot from almost any direct hit to the vehicle not tryed but also the ones from the Atilla's Walker)

-6: we also found some reeeeeally weird AI behavior on MPI, where the AI stops the Game, Wins the Match, tells us we are a bunch of losers, and exits the game to the Session lobby... (cant figure out why, other players told me they had the same problem with AI on MPI)

Edit: Thanks Ita, Badness, yeah for testing the game with me.
Thanks BlackDragon for telling me about the new patch i didnt noticed :roll:
Well thats all we could find for now, we hope we helped you with this information, and thanks for keeping this game alive all these years :)
Peace Through Power Kids.
(annoying GDI Since 1995)
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Who were the other players in your game? Some of those sound really suspicious.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Gontar wrote:-6: we also found some reeeeeally weird AI behavior on MPI, where the AI stops the Game, Wins the Match, tells us we are a bunch of losers, and exits the game to the Session lobby... (cant figure out why, other players told me they had the same problem with AI on MPI)
1st of April already?
Huib-Bloodstone
Rattler

Post by Huib-Bloodstone »

Gontar wrote:1: SCION "SNIPER" is an "INFINITE AMMO" "ULTRA HEAVY MACHINEGUN" (Sniper has Infinite ammo since the new patch, 0,2 seconds reload time and insta kill any vehicle pilot it shoots, no matter where the vehicle is hit... this glitch only happens in ST matches and appears randomly between players, cant figure out how or why)
confirmed and this is no hack, i bugged it

We'll have to check the rest of your points

Thank u for helping out :)
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

he was probably playing G66, which has a tendency to do that. :P
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
Gontar
Scrap

Post by Gontar »

AHadley wrote:Who were the other players in your game? Some of those sound really suspicious.
Cant remember all the names but "Yeah, Black Dragon, Comander, Huib-Boodstone where there or played with me, anyway, Gontar is uncapable to lie, Jokes are Marked with (?) Icon to prevent confusion, also please read the next quote for a better confirmation and confidence "Feeling".
Huib-Bloodstone wrote: "Related to Sniper BUG"
Confirmed and this is no hack, i bugged it
We'll have to check the rest of your points
Thank u for helping out :)
-Next
Red Spot wrote:
Gontar wrote:-6: we also found some reeeeeally weird AI behavior on MPI, where the AI stops the Game, Wins the Match, tells us we are a bunch of losers, and exits the game to the Session lobby... (cant figure out why, other players told me they had the same problem with AI on MPI)
1st of April already?
What do you mean? Gontar does not understand joke, please be more specific. I appreciate comment
Red Devil wrote:he was probably playing G66, which has a tendency to do that. :P
G66?, Have no data base about that term on my memory, but Game Version Was "1.3.6.4b" No mods, no addons, no nothing.
Just me and some of the Buddys listed above on Top of this comment.
Thanks Red Devil for friendly Comment, Gontar is Happy to see you again.
That is all, Gontar, Out.
GSH
Patch Creator

Post by GSH »

The one video Huib recorded of the snipe issue isn't quite an infinite sniper rifle. It's a local difference between lockstep world (what really happened) and the visual world (what's shown). For some reason, the visual world allowed the snipe on pressing the mouse button, but in the lockstep world, it didn't. Next time the visual world is rebuilt from the lockstep world, the sniper rifle ammo is restored to 100% -- but the sniped object was restored to healthy with a pilot. The snipe just never happened and was rolled back.

Getting this to happen reliably on my machines would really help track it down.

-- GSH
Gontar
Scrap

Post by Gontar »

GSH wrote:The one video Huib recorded of the snipe issue isn't quite an infinite sniper rifle. It's a local difference between lockstep world (what really happened) and the visual world (what's shown). For some reason, the visual world allowed the snipe on pressing the mouse button, but in the lockstep world, it didn't. Next time the visual world is rebuilt from the lockstep world, the sniper rifle ammo is restored to 100% -- but the sniped object was restored to healthy with a pilot. The snipe just never happened and was rolled back.

Getting this to happen reliably on my machines would really help track it down.

-- GSH
Thats what i was thinking, It look like the game time goes back every Second rolling back the Entire World events creating a Worm hole between player minds changing world physics and twisting Time & Space Continuity. (?)
I can Repdoduce the event, if u want to check it out Join my Game and Add me to Skype "LordGontar" so i can assist by recreating the "Bug" for you.
Also anything u need just tell me, i have No problem
That is all. Gontar out.
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

He needs to reproduce it in a special version with debugging on. i.e. by himself, or on a lan.
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
TwinShadow
Sabre

Post by TwinShadow »

The best way to figure out how to get the bug squashed is to go in exact detail on how to reproduce the bug in the first place. Some cases a save game helps, but I believe in multiplayer cases, that won't be an option.
If you happen to be looking through my posts, I have completely dumped all things related to Battlezone. Do not contact me, do not bother me. Been harassed enough as it is and am done entirely.
Gontar
Scrap

Post by Gontar »

I get your point BlackDragon. Then i can only tell how to exactly repcoduce the glitch/but (the easyest way to)
You are right TwinShadow theres no saved games on multiplayer but im telling how to get that bug/glitch to happen the fastest as possible.

1º Open BZ2 1.3.6.4b, remember "no mods or addons where used"
2º Host a MP game
3º Select DM Mode on map "Death Bowl"
4º After starting the game Go to one of the Sides of the map "The one with enemys underWater that shows lots of Red Dots on Radar" and attack em when approaching. (Noticed no need to change any option, bug happens anyway)
5º you will randomly die and ressurect about 2-9 times, then you will get stuck on a Space/Time Wormhole where you cant die (really hard to die when ur healt goes Full every 0.1 second) and your ammo stock rolls back to 100% every second.

Thats all the help i can give to you from here, hope it helps somehow.
That is all, Gontar Out.
Iron_Maiden
Bull Dog

Post by Iron_Maiden »

Patch seems to be working fine for me, many thanks GSH.
Known on FF.net as John Mccallistair, link provided below if you're interested.

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5916137/John-Mccallistair
mase
Thunderbolt

Post by mase »

In this savegame the IA AI build a builder first.

http://www.mediafire.com/?qd1w6x2j8zn2bb6