Couple issues with single player

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

BZZERKER
Scrap

Couple issues with single player

Post by BZZERKER »

Hey guys, I'm kind of back. ;)

So I know SP probably isn't very high priority on the fix but I thought I'd point out a couple things that have me screaming obsenities at my screen when they happen.

1. Was playing "difficult level " and got to mission "Payback". If I stick around and help "fight back" inside the Scion base, I help take out the Titan that follows Burns into the Condor, otherwise I have to deal with 2 Titans that are armed with sonic wave and are snipers with it to boot (they very rarley miss anything). Another part of the problem with this mission is the never ending supply of Guardians that show up in the pool area (even if you snipe the first 2) as well as the Warrior and 2 Sentries.

2. I switched to "Medium" to try and confirm that the first problem was a result of the level setting and ran across a major issue trying to get past "on thin ice". I get the Recycler set up and 2 scavs and a rattler built and I'm swarmed with 4 scouts, 4 sentries, 3-4 warriors, 1-2 lancers...ON MEDIUM! Now I was never an elite pilot but I was also far from useless (just ask anybody I ever played a strat with) but this is just plain crazy.

This is in 1.3.6.4n

If anybody has any suggestions for either of these missions, I'd love to get back to SP...untill then, instant will have to suffice.
Red Spot
Attila

Re: Couple issues with single player

Post by Red Spot »

1) You're not supposed to 'help fight back', the mission makes it pretty clear your order is to run and meet up with your recycler. Than you are supposed to go to the designated base area.
If you do those things you should not have much difficulty with this mission.

2) Build 1 GT in front of your recy, asap. Recycle your scout and tank wingmen in order to do so if you cant get it done fast enough.
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

Welcome back! :D We missed you.
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
BZZERKER
Scrap

Post by BZZERKER »

Red Spot wrote:1) You're not supposed to 'help fight back', the mission makes it pretty clear your order is to run and meet up with your recycler. Than you are supposed to go to the designated base area.
If you do those things you should not have much difficulty with this mission.

2) Build 1 GT in front of your recy, asap. Recycle your scout and tank wingmen in order to do so if you cant get it done fast enough.
1) I still have the game guide and that is what it says to do but, if I don't fight back, I have 2 Titans to deal with and 1 is more than a handful as they are in that mission, especially with all the other Scions sent to the area where I'm supposed to set the scavs on the pools.

2) I can try that but the timing is going to be super tight on getting it done in time.

General BlackDragon wrote:Welcome back! :D We missed you.
You may have GBD, I'm 100% positive some others didn't. ;)
BZZERKER
Scrap

Post by BZZERKER »

OK, so I had to resort to using "cheat bzfree" to get the scrap I needed to get past both missions (but only until I got things settled down), nothing else I did worked.

I also feel a bit like a dummy as well because on the "payback" mission I had been deploying my recycler where it was and not taking it back to the "scrap field" where there is a lot more room for a base and defense could be a bit easier. I only just noticed it when I was in the Sat view by accident, all these years and I've been making that mission so much harder than it need to be. :roll: Still doesn't change the fact that those Titans are tossing the balance of the game off by being such good snipers with sonic wave.
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

The mission tells you to do so and even puts a nav-beacon there. Be glad the mission scripters didnt make you fail the mission for not following orders.
Build 2 GTs at the entrance of your base area from the loose thats in your base area and replace one after the destruction of the 1st Titan, the mission is a walk in the park (if you stay in a scout or can go uphill in a sabre).

On Thin Ice. Use your scavs 'smarter'. :)
The mission does not rush you if you plan ahead.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

can also park a bunch of chain turrets behind the small hills so they aren't out-ranged by the titans (and other units). when the titans pass by, poof, loose.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

I'd love a detailed list of any issues in the SP campaign. I have been wanting to fix it but not had the long stretches of time to invest in playing it over and over in different versions looking for aberrations.
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

You said that before, so I made a topic with the first missions in it to only see it being ignored by yourself, so I stopped ..
BZZERKER
Scrap

Post by BZZERKER »

Red Spot wrote:The mission tells you to do so and even puts a nav-beacon there. Be glad the mission scripters didnt make you fail the mission for not following orders.
Build 2 GTs at the entrance of your base area from the loose thats in your base area and replace one after the destruction of the 1st Titan, the mission is a walk in the park (if you stay in a scout or can go uphill in a sabre).

On Thin Ice. Use your scavs 'smarter'. :)
The mission does not rush you if you plan ahead.
If memory serves, it only has a nav point there, there is nothing listed in the objects box about going there.

As for thin ice, the problem seems to partially come from spawn points, though my thinking is it's more likely from some knuckleheads over active tweaking of AIP's back in the private beta days.
Red Devil wrote:can also park a bunch of chain turrets behind the small hills so they aren't out-ranged by the titans (and other units). when the titans pass by, poof, loose.
That's a great strategy Red...oh wait a minute, can't do it because I can only just get 2 scavs and maybe a couple of turrets made before the damn Titans show up (i.e. no factory, no armory) where I was setting up. I'll try the scrap field location when I get to payback on Medium and see if it makes any difference.
Nielk1 wrote:I'd love a detailed list of any issues in the SP campaign. I have been wanting to fix it but not had the long stretches of time to invest in playing it over and over in different versions looking for aberrations.
I might be able to help there Nielk. I could clean out my pilot roster and start from scratch on easy and pass on to you what I find, wouldn't be that big of a deal for me to start over.

For not playing in like 4-5 years, I was surprised to find I wasn't as rusty as I thought I might be, even on hard. :o
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

You don't have to delete ur roster. You can go to mission Archives and replay any mission.
DarkCobra262
Sabre

Post by DarkCobra262 »

General BlackDragon wrote:You don't have to delete ur roster. You can go to mission Archives and replay any mission.
This. I've also spotted quite a bit of issues with SP myself.
Modding/Modelling like a noob...
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

too bad someone hasn't already fixed most of them and posted them already... :roll:
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

I've been busy....
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

was being facetious - i already posted them.

btw, facetious is a word with unique property.
Abraham Lincoln