NOT a 1.2 flight topic

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

Iguana
Scrap

NOT a 1.2 flight topic

Post by Iguana »

I dont see a reason for dropping the topic here's my reply, do with it whatever you want:

Nielk1 - whoever you might be: go and pick a quarrel, thats the thing to do.
Do you really want me to comment on wheter vets are less than morons who can test a patch or not?

One party has elitist ideals, yea - and i suppose that is 'us' morons. You do however see that what you do is the same **** just vice-versa. We bad boobie vets cant simply be as kool and open-minded as you! Because you can do stuff SO much better than vets do.

AHadley - wtf man, wtf...? You are literally pathetic, dude.

GSH - I am giving you just one example and i think a very good one at that where the vet community is making suggestions for the better. When was a debate made wether hovering is a good or a bad thing with the vet community? Are you even asking them what they think about ANYTHING at all? Again you could benefit alot from them. In my opinion that 7+ year attitude is going to get yourself nowhere. I myself even aint such a strong supporter of hovering (considering the benefits 1.3 brings, i can overlook that to an extent), altough having the option to do it wouldnt be bad tough.

I came here to nicely offer you to experience the strategies and fast paced playstyle that have been developed troughout YEARS in the game you have helped to create. Yet the only thing you told me aside from the fact that you dont have time that i shall go beg and plead someone for something? Who are you to tell me that? Do I depend on you or a modder? Do you really see yourself as so high and mighty to think i'd need to beg and plead? Are you an elitist?

You guys ask why vets hate you for NO good reason - i hope the few questions above show you why. Oh and getting our hands dirty to get something done is a good suggestion ofc, but man - you have a goddamn fountain on knowledge about the strategic part of the game infront of you - how about taking a sip of it? Many vets played enough games to know about many many bugs and even imbalances, which can be taken care of in a second stage of testing by "professional" tester. (if that even exists...)
GSH
Patch Creator

Re: NOT a 1.2 flight topic

Post by GSH »

Many vets played enough games to know about many many bugs and even imbalances
Then re-read what I wrote up earlier. I do NOT need to experience bugs firsthand to fix them. That's a giant waste of my time, and reduces the time available to actually work on bugs. There's only *2* people that can fix code bugs, myself and Ken. Our time is limited, so the more time that can be done in testing withOUT us optimizes our time. All software development works this way -- testers write up bugs based on runs of the game withOUT developers. Developers may participate in the viewing of game sessions, but that's their choice if they cannot repro the bug on their end. But, that's 100% the developer's decision, not the tester's.

ODF changes don't require developer time either, except for the final integration into the official 1.3 patch assets. Even with the private 1.3 testers, I have a rule: added/changed assets must be tested and vetted (approved) by multiple testers before I'll make any additions/changes. And, once again, I generally don't participate in that vetting. Saves my time, and the vetting helps get multiple eyeballs on changes to reduce breakage.

Spend less time with whiny posts here, and write up bug reports. Or make 1-2 minute youtube clips. That's what testers do, whether volunteer or professional. They don't demand that developers see the bugs when playing with them. For someone who claims many years of experience playing games, spending half the amount of time learning how to read clear instructions and comprehend what's directly written to you would have been a better investment of time.

-- GSH
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Iguana wrote:Nielk1 - whoever you might be: go and pick a quarrel, thats the thing to do.
Do you really want me to comment on wheter vets are less than morons who can test a patch or not?
Read what I wrote again. Clearly you didn't understand it. Does anyone understand that a clouded mind makes moronic choices, not that those who made said choices are morons? THAT is what I said.

I have been around for a long time, possibly longer than you, under one name or another.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

I think I'd be kicked off the team if I submitted a fixed bug to be broken again.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Pathetic? Care to qualify on that?
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

Iguana needs to learn to be a little more civil, and cool headed by at least 20%.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

/me thinks 20% will make bugger all difference.
labmice00
Thunderbolt

Post by labmice00 »

I have an ominous feeling like this thread will be locked soon.....
VSMIT
Sabre

Post by VSMIT »

If things quickly stop being personal and no flames spurt up, there's no reason to lock it.
sabrebattletank
Thunderbolt

Post by sabrebattletank »

My, nice weather!
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

AHadley wrote:Pathetic? Care to qualify on that?
define: Pathetic attrib: Iguana
Does not agree with Iguana.
Lionsword7
Thunderbolt

Post by Lionsword7 »

sabrebattletank wrote:My, nice weather!
Yes, yes. Seems like a perfect day not to accuse each other of things!
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Nielk1 wrote:
AHadley wrote:Pathetic? Care to qualify on that?
define: Pathetic attrib: Iguana
Does not agree with Iguana.
Interestingly, I don't.
Iguana
Scrap

Post by Iguana »

I take it - you really dont like playing games, you like to program them - fine with me. I asked you to enjoy a couple of games with me to get in contact with the vet partition of the game. I wanted to show you how much fun stratting can be, call it a try to bond... have fun raising kids!

One last clarification on nielk1's post, even tough i didnt want to do that:
I have seen a constant stream of bitching from those who have no idea what testing really is. Most of them try to relate map testing to patch testing and to do so is ludicrous. They are FAR from the same and even a moron can see that; all of you could probably see that if not for the ignorant veil of elitism that permeates your ranks.
You are referring to the map testers as less than morons, because EVEN morons can see that patch testing and map testing isnt the same. Also this whole post makes you the elitist since you think you're better than the stupid map testers.

Hf
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

He neither said nor implied that map testers were worse than patch testers. He said morons can tell the difference. That doesn't mean the map testers don't know the difference.

Also, I have well in excess of a hundred games last count (and I'm probably much far beyond that now). I do enjoy playing them. I just happen to mod this one more than I play it.

EDIT: Hold on, pathetic for not playing video games? 0.o