BZ2 1.3.6.4z19 - Open beta & testing

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

Zero Angel
Attila

Re: BZ2 1.3.6.4z19 - Open beta & testing

Post by Zero Angel »

I always hit 'enter' while holding down the 'w' key to type/communicate while moving. A quick double-tap of 'Esc' clears the cruise control/autopilot.
Regulators
Regulate any stealin' of this biometal pool, we're damn good, too
But you can't be any geek off the street
Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean
Earn your keep
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Just press 'W' again, no need to take your hand away from 'WASD'.
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

Oh right. Old habits die hard.
Regulators
Regulate any stealin' of this biometal pool, we're damn good, too
But you can't be any geek off the street
Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean
Earn your keep
DarkCobra262
Sabre

Post by DarkCobra262 »

Red Spot wrote:Just press 'W' again, no need to take your hand away from 'WASD'.
This.
Modding/Modelling like a noob...
vlad_C0M
Rattler

Post by vlad_C0M »

Crash.
Generally it occurs when blows up whose or the ship. And at this moment I have few hp, and I have chance to blow up too
http://pastebin.com/ywbLa1ZD
Scion dream ۩
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

found this on that dll crash; unsure if it is the culprit, on-board intel graphics may be kicking in. check in bios to make sure that it is not using on-board graphics?

http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?151 ... he-desktop
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
GSH
Patch Creator

Post by GSH »

Crash.
Generally it occurs when blows up whose or the ship. And at this moment I have few hp, and I have chance to blow up too
http://pastebin.com/ywbLa1ZD
That crash is deep in the DirectX drivers for your GPU (graphics processing unit). While BZ2 might be providing bad data to the graphics card, it is also likely that you have outdated drivers for your Intel GPU. Microsoft has previously written up that this is likely the case: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... 7791373606

If you provide either the output of dxdiag.exe, we can help figure out what Intel GPU you're running, and point you to the latest drivers download site.

-- GSH
Ganger132
Drunken Scav

Post by Ganger132 »

Tracked Vehicle still have Problems with drive near Gun towers and Extractors,especially scavengers that try to collecting scrap, units stuck inside Gun towers and have huge problems to get free.

Maybe its possible to integrate improved Teamcolors from UEP to the next patch? ( http://prntscr.com/2ps65i )
Ganger132
Drunken Scav

Post by Ganger132 »

And builders still freeze after upgrading a harvester.
GSH
Patch Creator

Post by GSH »

Tracked Vehicle still have Problems with drive near Gun towers and Extractors,especially scavengers that try to collecting scrap, units stuck inside Gun towers and have huge problems to get free.
Sorry, BZ2's collision code stinks, as it had to run on a Pentium (original) with MMX, 166Mhz. And 64MB RAM. Fixing it is not on the table; the bugs you complain about date back to 1.0 and are not an easy fix at all. 1.3.6.* is focused on MP.

-- GSH
Protrector
Thunderbolt

Post by Protrector »

When i put turret to attack target it should wait for target to get in range instead of moving near target (which takes a lot of time!).
Building aips for everyone.
GSH
Patch Creator

Post by GSH »

When i put turret to attack target it should wait for target to get in range instead of moving near target (which takes a lot of time!).
This is a gameplay change feature request, not a bug. If you keep this up, I'm going to split them out of this topic, and tell you to go make your own mod (Recycler Variant) and stop demanding the game work the way you want. And, the counterpoint to this issue is this: from the turret's point of view, how can it prove that the target will get in range? Can the turret prove that the target's current orders will make it eventually in range? What happens when the target's current orders change? If it just waits forever for the target to get in range, people will think it's broken.

-- GSH
Ganger132
Drunken Scav

Post by Ganger132 »

Protrector wrote:When i put turret to attack target it should wait for target to get in range instead of moving near target (which takes a lot of time!).
Thats right this is Nasty, and Turrets will attack scavangers if they are in range first and dont stop attack them till its destroyed, even if they are under attack. Turrets should defend theireselfes if its not told otherwise,stop attacking the scavanger and attack attacking target if possible. So its dont needed to tell them to hold (4) to do that.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Telling a turret to hold, while it is attacking a unit causes it to switch to the next available target if there is one within range. Its always been like that, changing it would not be a good idea.
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
GSH
Patch Creator

Post by GSH »

That select F7 issue is a bzgame_keys problem.
You need to add the following items:
// Teammate selection
Bind("-shift -ctrl F7", "control.team.toggle4");

// Teammate send units
Bind("-shift +ctrl F7", "control.team.moveto4");

The file is now in Addon/Config/Game

The reason this issue is reappearing is that z19 adds a new bzgame_keys that is used instead of the
newkeys version that fixes this.
Those lines are in the bzgame_keys.cfg that I hand out in the z19 patch file - lines 46 & 52. Perhaps newkeys is missing it instead?

-- GSH