BZ2 1.3.6.4z19 - Open beta & testing

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

Ganger132
Drunken Scav

Re: BZ2 1.3.6.4z19 - Open beta & testing

Post by Ganger132 »

Lewis wrote:hey just got it went to multiplayer and no longer says I need new version but still shows v in pwd does that mean I still don't have it or what tks for all the help
Maybe they are using some Mods,or an different patch version so u cant join. Not all people run latest patch or 1.3.6.4.

At Games Screen is shown witch Mods are in use and if u want to play with them you have to download these.

If u have any Issues with patching to latest version try a full reinstall of Bz2 and Patch again like they said above.

If u have still Problems try Downloading a fresh version of Bz2, uninstall your Old Copy, Install the new, Patch to 1.3.6.4

and then update to 1.3.6.4Z19
Zero Angel wrote:
Lewis wrote:
Zero Angel wrote:Then try my 1.3.6.4z19 updater. It's also in an installer format and it will try to detect your current bz2 install folder and tell you if you are installing it in the wrong folder.
http://zeroangel.overminddl1.com/hosted ... -setup.exe
Mods can be found here viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6
GSH
Patch Creator

Post by GSH »

As a returning player (I want to relive the campaign!) I am unhappy to see, well, basically that all tracked vehicles (scavengers, Bulldogs...) are either bumping into buildings and other tanks, or their bodies get stuck one inside another and they simply float until they get outside one another.
Are you sure you've applied 1.3.6.4z19 correctly? Look at the bottom-left of the pilot selection ("login") screen. This is a bit better in z19 than 1.3.6.4-release.

Collisions and pathing had to work on a Pentium 166 with MMX. The code is crap. Hasn't changed in 14+ years. Deal with it.

-- GSH
vlad_C0M
Rattler

Post by vlad_C0M »

GSH, sometimes F7 bug return.
constantly later the first 2-dogfight, the pool installation, disappears opportunity to knock for the player F7 .
It occurs usually somewhere 8-12 minutes of game later. Sometimes this opportunity comes back for the inexplicable reasons. (Generally I noticed that at the end of the game.)

PS: bz2_keys correct etc.
Log :
http://pastebin.com/DD7YstZr
Scion dream ۩
2mg
Rattler

Post by 2mg »

GSH wrote:
As a returning player (I want to relive the campaign!) I am unhappy to see, well, basically that all tracked vehicles (scavengers, Bulldogs...) are either bumping into buildings and other tanks, or their bodies get stuck one inside another and they simply float until they get outside one another.
Are you sure you've applied 1.3.6.4z19 correctly? Look at the bottom-left of the pilot selection ("login") screen. This is a bit better in z19 than 1.3.6.4-release.

Collisions and pathing had to work on a Pentium 166 with MMX. The code is crap. Hasn't changed in 14+ years. Deal with it.

-- GSH
I wasn't trying to attack you, in fact I'm glad you guys are still working on BZ2 :)

I just didn't expect that it would still be hard to (from satellite view) control tank-ish units. They clip thru buildings and other units constantly. A party of 3 Assault Bulldog Tanks is as 90% guarantee that 2 of them will clip. Though, I am delighted to see how much they avoid, almost fear, water and find a proper routes!

As far as applying the patch goes, I installed (in that order) original BZ2, then latest beta 1.3.6.4, then .z19. Yes, it does say .z19 in the pilot menu.

I can provide some screenshots how clipping looks like if you need me to?
DarkCobra262
Sabre

Post by DarkCobra262 »

2mg wrote:
GSH wrote:

-- GSH
I wasn't trying to attack you, in fact I'm glad you guys are still working on BZ2 :)

I just didn't expect that it would still be hard to (from satellite view) control tank-ish units. They clip thru buildings and other units constantly. A party of 3 Assault Bulldog Tanks is as 90% guarantee that 2 of them will clip. Though, I am delighted to see how much they avoid, almost fear, water and find a proper routes!

As far as applying the patch goes, I installed (in that order) original BZ2, then latest beta 1.3.6.4, then .z19. Yes, it does say .z19 in the pilot menu.

I can provide some screenshots how clipping looks like if you need me to?
We're all well aware of how assault tanks merge into each other... it's not likely to change tbh
Modding/Modelling like a noob...
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

recent intelligence reports indicate that they actually do it on purpose so that you will think you are shooting at only one tank, when, in reality, you are shooting at 2..3 tanks. :o pretty sneaky... 8-)
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
GSH
Patch Creator

Post by GSH »

3)after any BZ2 crash, BZ2 alerts you to report the message .. continues even after reporting, many do not know how to get rid of this message (i tell them to delete the crash log in ..\my documents\my games\battlezone II)
Works for me. If I click on the report button, doesn't prompt me again. If people are getting crashes, they should report them. Every crash fixed helps everyone. I made it so that people wouldn't have crashlogs overwritten by running again. But, I don't see those logs.

-- GSH
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Red Devil wrote:recent intelligence reports indicate that they actually do it on purpose so that you will think you are shooting at only one tank, when, in reality, you are shooting at 2..3 tanks. :o pretty sneaky... 8-)
Thats actually a side-effect I really like.
One tank arrives at your base and starts shooting, 2nd one arrives, bumps into the 1st one, both merge and it seem you have a dual-barrel Atank .. add more for flavour :)
2mg
Rattler

Post by 2mg »

Recentliestliest intelligence reports that they start skiing on the map without shooting, until they de-clip from one another!

Skiing tanks? Awesome!

Fighting power? Zilch.
mase
Thunderbolt

Post by mase »

Got this after closing the game or tabbing out, not sure anymore.

http://pastebin.com/A7cJRCfS
Protrector
Thunderbolt

Post by Protrector »

Red Spot wrote:
Red Devil wrote:recent intelligence reports indicate that they actually do it on purpose so that you will think you are shooting at only one tank, when, in reality, you are shooting at 2..3 tanks. :o pretty sneaky... 8-)
One tank arrives at your base and starts shooting, 2nd one arrives, bumps into the 1st one, both merge and it seem you have a dual-barrel Atank .. add more for flavour :)

False. If you have friendly fire on, the second tank will not shoot, nor will get out of the stack so that he can fire. So you have 2 enemy tanks, or 4 and only 1 shoots.
Building aips for everyone.
DarkCobra262
Sabre

Post by DarkCobra262 »

Protrector wrote:
Red Spot wrote:

False. If you have friendly fire on, the second tank will not shoot, nor will get out of the stack so that he can fire. So you have 2 enemy tanks, or 4 and only 1 shoots.
This can happen too, it's nice when it does though...
Modding/Modelling like a noob...
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Protrector wrote:False. If you have friendly fire on, the second tank will not shoot, nor will get out of the stack so that he can fire. So you have 2 enemy tanks, or 4 and only 1 shoots.
So I'm wrong cause of a setting? Ever tried it with that setting in the other position, or do you just want to argue?
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

Protrector wrote:
Red Spot wrote:

Tanks (Sabres) have an AI sub-routine called SCATTER which is supposed to prevent them from blocking each other by surrounding a target. Unfortunately the scatter mode gets stuck sometimes and they just drive around the target aimlessly even if they already have a clear shot. Usually i've noticed tanks getting stuck in SCATTER mode when told to attack buildings (like extractors). At least it was the case in 6.2 and I wasnt informed of it being fixed yet. Have you ever noticed this happening?
Regulators
Regulate any stealin' of this biometal pool, we're damn good, too
But you can't be any geek off the street
Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean
Earn your keep
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

I agree with that, but I also find groups of 2 to 3 sabres to be pretty consistant in their behaviour. Above that number you probably want to use 'instant hitting' weaponry as they seem to behave a lot more aggressive using those weapons. In this case they may actually squeeze of a round when their aim lines up, which they dont seem to do using stabbers.