BZ2 1.3.6.4z19 - Open beta & testing

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

2mg
Rattler

Re: BZ2 1.3.6.4z19 - Open beta & testing

Post by 2mg »

Regarding friendly fire (campaign): What I experienced is that friendly fire is OFF by default, my own units can't harm each other (I can though). Sometimes they will shoot if even if their line of sight is blocked by another friendly unit, sometimes they stop until they get a clear shot.
Tanks (Sabres) have an AI sub-routine called SCATTER which is supposed to prevent them from blocking each other by surrounding a target. Unfortunately the scatter mode gets stuck sometimes and they just drive around the target aimlessly even if they already have a clear shot. Usually i've noticed tanks getting stuck in SCATTER mode when told to attack buildings (like extractors). At least it was the case in 6.2 and I wasnt informed of it being fixed yet. Have you ever noticed this happening?
Yes, hovering units sometimes drive way further and then they do 180° and come back to attack the unit, sometimes they just look at the unit but instead of shooting they kinda want to drive somewhere.

Tracked units generally block each other, but what's worse, is when they clip one in another. Then they ski/float in some direction and can't stop and don't shoot, or they are generally just trying to drive from each other in one place and can't fight.

As I said, I absolutely adore how track units avoid water, and if there is anything I'd like to see fixed, is that tanks and buildings become rock solid entities that simply can't clip into. I don't even mind if they block each other, bump into each other, push each other, just to make them solid would be more than enough for me.

Also, it's funny to see when Maulers climb up the gun towers :)

PS: I just remembered something - Maulers sometimes "sink" into the ground, but they get out of it, but what I did notice is that Maulers, which are non-hovering units, didn't even once clip - they bump, crash, get confused, but they never merged into other units or buildings. Is there something special to them, and could that be applied to other non-hovering units? Or was it simply that I didn't notice them clipping?
2mg
Rattler

Post by 2mg »

Just want to report that (campaign) Scion Constructor gets stuck in a loop when upgrading Scion Extractors. You can tell him to follow you to get out of the loop after you see that it's upgraded, otherwise he is constantly doing the upgrading animation.

Additional minor cosmetic thingy are those | at the end of the lines in campaign briefings:
http://imgur.com/Kr5fUje

Addendum: I don't know if Campaign AI was reworked, but it seems much less aggressive, even on hard difficulty.

Example: ISDF mission where you need to find the hole on planet Core, Maulers and Titans are much less frequent than I remember. I have also noticed that some of them are scattered around the map just standing still/bugged, so maybe AI isn't producing more if there are X number of Maulers/Titans on map.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

The SP campaign needs a lot of fixing. I would love to do it but I've got other projects as well.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

2mg, have you tried these dll's?

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1205
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Hole in one mission has always had problems with the AI, the dual base setup has never properly worked and maulers always get stuck on all the junk on the map. The 1.3 clipping may have made it worse, but the improved AI does generally make up for it. I wont even mention the stuff the map has that did not even work in 'pre-1.3'.
Overall the 1.3 AI makes the SP-campaign a fair bit more difficult, yet still leaves it in the range of rather easy.
2mg
Rattler

Post by 2mg »

Red Spot wrote:Hole in one mission has always had problems with the AI, the dual base setup has never properly worked and maulers always get stuck on all the junk on the map. The 1.3 clipping may have made it worse, but the improved AI does generally make up for it. I wont even mention the stuff the map has that did not even work in 'pre-1.3'.
Overall the 1.3 AI makes the SP-campaign a fair bit more difficult, yet still leaves it in the range of rather easy.
Maybe it was because I was young, but, damn, for every tower I built, 2 maulers came and destroyed it. I don't even know if game had a single patch, I played it when it was released...

And actually, now, Maulers didn't get stuck into those big purple chip things or barracks, they just around there for some reason.
Red Devil wrote:2mg, have you tried these dll's?

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1205
Might I ask for a short version of what do they do? Also, which ones, there are 7 pages with buncha links :) EDIT: Read it all. I am one lazy person.

PS: I did finish campaign for both sides, there were some problems when I did things before I was supposed to, or not in the exact way, and once there was "odf is missing" (I think on one of Rend missions but I'm not sure), but generally, every scripted thing worked properly. As far as AI goes, yeah, I just remember the game being way harder back then, and again, I was a kid then, so...
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

so, do i need to fix anything in the SP missions or are they okay now?
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

2mg
Rattler

Post by 2mg »

Red Devil wrote:so, do i need to fix anything in the SP missions or are they okay now?
As I said, I finished both sides, so that means that SP is not broken, even w/o fixes, and what I have to report is:

- the Manson/bridge mission was funky (didn't know there was a fix) but I finished it somehow. I didn't like that if you simply go to see how his base looks like and put at least one turret early always triggers a bunch of Assault Tanks appearing, but never mind that.

- there was, written in blue, that some ODF is missing, I believe it's the mission where Scion Shabayev approaches you, however, the mission went smooth.

- sometimes I nuked AI base, or went somewhere too soon and broke the script, but nothing a previous game save and a proper order of doing things couldn't fix

- Hole in One mission Mauler AI (stopped production because they like to sit somewhere idle)

- And my general request to make the game harder, at least on Hard setting :) If I at least may recommend is that when long ranged units are assaulting AI base, that AI promptly responds, by sending counter-attack units, instead of simply amassing them for the next attack on my base as it usually does?

*I didn't get the chance to test your SP fixes.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

If there's anything I didn't note in this post, can you please give us as much detail as possible?
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

good catch on fanning the fire mission (where scion shabayev approaches)

line 258 had this:

planConditionClass = "fbrec"

instead of :

planConditionClass = "fbrecy"

causing this:

DIAG| iconsole:530 |14:11:22|4226444|[CONSOLE] ERROR: ODF "fbrec.odf" does not exist

ERR | ConsoleHelper:29 |14:11:22|4226444|ERROR: ODF "fbrec.odf" does not exist

WARN| ParameterDB:1701 |14:11:22|4226444|WARNING: ODF isdf1404.aip, [Plan130]::planConditio... tries to point to GameObjectClass fbrec, but couldn't find it. Might want to check ODFs

i'll supply a fix for the patch

do me a favor and replay the missions that i posted SP DLL fixes for (using the new DLL's. )

i'll check hole in one.
Abraham Lincoln

Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

i see the problem with hole in one: their attacker plans are skipped due to not having enough scrap, but each team has 2 upgraded pools...

edit: and a couple typos on targetType :-/

edit2: and all the preplaced/spawned walkers on on team 6, not team 2 or team 4

will fix all this and submit
Abraham Lincoln

2mg
Rattler

Post by 2mg »

AHadley wrote:If there's anything I didn't note in this post, can you please give us as much detail as possible?
I'll paste mine, plus I just remembered something.
Red Devil wrote:do me a favor and replay the missions that i posted SP DLL fixes for (using the new DLL's. )
Can I wait for your new patches, to try it all in one playthru?
Red Devil wrote:i see the problem with hole in one: their attacker plans are skipped due to not having enough scrap, but each team has 2 upgraded pools...

edit: and a couple typos on targetType :-/

edit2: and all the preplaced/spawned walkers on on team 6, not team 2 or team 4

will fix all this and submit
Also, those units that are camping outside the map, both south where the convoy appears, and to the east with healers, just sit there, and can be attacked without reacting. Maybe one Scout moved.

Sir, I applaud to your work habits.

Fixes will be on front page here viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1205 right?
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

okay, i'll post them in that thread
Abraham Lincoln

Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

joined snowdog in a full-gonzo G66 mpi in progress for an hour using z19 and lasted an hour more or so; brutal.

smooth as butter except for initial joins/rejoins are somewhat... twitchy? view resets a few times before setting down.
Abraham Lincoln

Protrector
Thunderbolt

Post by Protrector »

Yeah, computer Ai had to build a bunker and I believe it chose to build it on a hill 'cuz their constructor wa stuck, trying to "climb" the hill. Might be a bug.

Computer had 2 constructors and after I destroyed the bugged constructor, computer created a brand new one with which he constructed that bunker.
Building aips for everyone.