BZ2 1.3.6.4z33 - Open beta & testing

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

GSH
Patch Creator

Re: BZ2 1.3.6.4z33 - Open beta & testing

Post by GSH »

It's a case of missing inputs compensation not working as well. Remote players are rewound back in time to the latest data in the lockstep world, and resimulated from that time forward until the current visual world timestep. This happens every render frame. This works fairly well enough to make remote players movement relatively smooth even if some inputs come in late or out of order. That's because player inputs are a continuous stream, where late/out of order inputs can be guessed at and replaced when actual inputs when available.

Weapons, especially discrete weapons (e.g. sniper rifle), if authoritative data isn't available initially, this becomes much harder to handle. I'd have to redo the entire weapons simulation system to do the same sort of time rollback, and resimulate forward, which is not a trivial code change. And, late/out-of-order moves complicates things-- the particle/sound systems have no good way to pre-age effects. It'd have to notice what effects it guessed at initially, what effects should really be playing, and replace them with pre-aged effects. Every render frame. And that gets really extra complicated if the guess/authoritative effects happened across a worldswap boundary.

-- GSH
Deathbringer
Sober Scav

Post by Deathbringer »

So what your saying here is that we have a failure to communicate. Ala Cool Hand Luke (Yeah I had to look it up).
Let me know when you have that all fixed up then. ;-)
I figured this was something you were aware of and sucks that it's one of those deeply embedded things.
Honestly It didn't really bother me terribly and of course now I'm paying attention, but these last few games that I have played on 33 have really been a lot of fun so I for one am good ;-)
Thanks to everyone for making maps and mods and patches and crazy man hours.
Protrector
Thunderbolt

Post by Protrector »

Work continues :D Can you make the colors stronger? I mean , like see colors clearly?
Building aips for everyone.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

? try adjusting the color settings on your monitor.
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.