BZ2 1.3.6.4z43 - Open beta & testing

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

GSH
Patch Creator

BZ2 1.3.6.4z43 - Open beta & testing

Post by GSH »

Download this and unpack over your existing 1.3.6.4 install's exe. This is a quick patch that re-enables construction rig upgrades and other tweaks

If you can, please install and test this. I think that this build is about 99.9% of what I want to put into a 1.3.6.5 release. Your best chance of having bugs fixed for 1.3.6.5 is to report things on the 1.3.6.4 series. Logfiles -- battlezone.log and chatlog (if enabled) -- are useful. Otherwise, reporting things in a way that makes them happen here is best.

See the changelog for the fuller descriptions of what's changed. Since 1.3.6.4n:

- Construction rigs can upgrade once again
- Much work to make griefers less able to annoy people
- Anyone can now ban anyone at any time - if you're a client in a game, you can ban a host or another client. Anyone you've banned who's hosting a game won't show up on the list of servers. Anyone you've previously banned who is a client in a game you joined is now warned about
- CUT the 1.2-style physics craft variants. The 1.3 patch series does not encourage that monoculture of overpowered scouts. Learn to explore the tech tree.
- Tweaked session registration and browsing to hopefully work around antivirus with overactive web shields better
- Chroming of objects is now SSE-powered for greater performance
- Tracked vehicle physics ought to be more solid. BZ2's collision code is still garbage, though
- On players leaving in a teamplay game, their units are redistributed to remaining players to avoid orphanage
- Upscaled shell fonts to look less klunky at large resolutions - note that this will require mods with custom extra options pages to also be upscaled
- Ingame UI can be upscaled by a preference - see graphics options, page 2, bottom right
- Input smoothing option from Ken, also pathing system tweaks and particle render from him.
- MP escape screen chat should scroll better
- Fix for input getting stuck at edges of range
- Crash logs aren't overwritten next boot, up to 10 crash logfiles and 5 regular logfiles are kept
- Smoother timeskew code, and servers will now time out delayed moves for clients to keep the game smoother.
- More work run in background thread while waiting for vsync for smoother
- More retransmits of player packets for more lossy connections
- A few graphical glitches fixed
- Various optimizations to help slower systems. If your framerate is already > 60, probably not noticeable
- Some crash fixes for crigs and after player departures
- Smoother start for sync join games

-- GSH
Commando
Flying Mauler

Re: BZ2 1.3.6.4z43 - Open beta & testing

Post by Commando »

Hope to see some actual games soon.
Iron_Maiden
Bull Dog

Post by Iron_Maiden »

Say GSH, at what point are you going to release the full version of this patch? Just asking because it is tedious to have to install patch after patch and was hoping that a full patch could make the amount of players online more stable.
Known on FF.net as John Mccallistair, link provided below if you're interested.

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5916137/John-Mccallistair
Commando
Flying Mauler

Post by Commando »

Lack of activity from "testers" has necessitated the need for the more frequent small patches :(.
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

Iron_Maiden wrote:Say GSH, at what point are you going to release the full version of this patch? Just asking because it is tedious to have to install patch after patch and was hoping that a full patch could make the amount of players online more stable.
Be careful what you wish for. The reason why the big patch hasnt been released yet is because GSH is not yet happy with the stability of the 1.3.6.4 series. He could always just pack whatever he has into a full installer but if it has any bad bugs in it then that's what everyone has to deal with.

When asking for a timeline for things like this. 'When its done' is probably the best answer you can get.
Regulators
Regulate any stealin' of this biometal pool, we're damn good, too
But you can't be any geek off the street
Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean
Earn your keep
ADMIRAL MANSON
Thunderbolt

Post by ADMIRAL MANSON »

I did notice animation pilot issues from the scion pilot on the last build on the sp missions. Will test again to see if it happens again. The rifle scion sound was still being heard instead of the pilot death sound.
DarkCobra262
Sabre

Post by DarkCobra262 »

Minor bugs in the SP campaign, but I believe they had at least been addressed by... someone... it's been a while since I saw the thread XD
Modding/Modelling like a noob...
ADMIRAL MANSON
Thunderbolt

Post by ADMIRAL MANSON »

Ok same issue still occurring but a bit different this time. When i see a scion pilot die the 1st time the normal way like its supposed to it was fine but the second time it died and could still hear the pilot firing. I do have a saved game file this time but how do i find the save file?

There was another bug from the last build as well not sure if it was addressed.

DIAG| maininit:547 |21:59:18|5 |Version Information Section
DIAG| maininit:548 |21:59:18|5 | BZ2 build 1.3.6.4z33 Public Beta
DIAG| maininit:559 |21:59:18|5 |Session started Tue May 06 21:59:18 2014
DIAG| maininit:565 |21:59:18|5 |CPU: 2 processors, type 586
DIAG| maininit:566 |21:59:18|5 |CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2200 @ 2.20GHz
DIAG| maininit:567 |21:59:18|5 |CPU: Intel64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
DIAG| maininit:570 |21:59:18|5 |Executed by on Windows Version: 6.1.7601 'Service Pack 1' PlatformID=2
ERR | file:228 |21:59:18|6 |Error occured opening 'C:\Users\\Documents\My Games\Battlezone II\UserPrefs'. GetLastError: 2 (0x00000002)
ERR | file:229 |21:59:18|6 | params: name, 0x80000000, 00000001, NULL, 00000003, 08000000, NULL
DIAG| DXUT:2097 |21:59:18|93 | DXUT pause on change device

black screen crash could not do anything

not sure if this is really a bug or not but thought i would post it.
mase
Thunderbolt

Post by mase »

Savegames are in Documents/My games/Battlezone 2/saved
Deathbringer
Sober Scav

Post by Deathbringer »

My Son and I played last night for about 4 hours as he is still all about setting up defenses and doing his own thing while I come flying in to save him from the archers that he tends to have trouble tracking down ;-)
I had ONE point where I got kicked (he was hosting for the first time) and it showed his ping time at being 960 on the server list that came up after the kick. I had minimized my screen to figure out how a scrap transport worked as I had never played with those before. We were on a lan game that he started.
Anyway.. The game was flawless except for that. I had one checkgamestate the whole game and my only complaint is that my recycler that I was trying to deploy, kept getting blowed up every time I ran back to take care of the Archers.. Yeah.. I said blowed up.
And not trying to start anything but to the guy who asked for the patch to be done.. Dude!

GSH.. Thank you so much for your hard work. I can't thank you enough. The fact that there really isn't anything else out there like this and that it's still so DAMN fun is amazing and slightly bittersweet. Can you imagine if there had been just another few months of development done on this game before release? If it had been released even close to the quality that you have brought this game to pretty much on your own? It would have been quite different. When I can get my 15 Yr old step Son to get into it (I wasn't around sooner to corrupt him before) and take him away from Minecraft... That sir.. is impressive. You have no idea ;-)
Thank you.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

the server can set the max ping under game options in the pre-launch shell.

i'm thinking why this game isn't more popular is that most guys aren't so good at multitasking :? battlefield and cod are pretty simple running and gunning compared to this.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
ADMIRAL MANSON
Thunderbolt

Post by ADMIRAL MANSON »

http://www.mediafire.com/download/dfmy8 ... testsp.sav

Download link for the saved file before i saw the scion render issue.
mase
Thunderbolt

Post by mase »

The bug with the reappearing crash log message is still there. Also it can happen that the crash log window appears semi transparent,
cut off at the bottom where the server list starts and unclickable. The only way to do anything then is by killing bz2 with the task manager.
Edit: The window appears after the host quits.
GSH
Patch Creator

Post by GSH »

The bug with the reappearing crash log message is still there. Also it can happen that the crash log window appears semi transparent,
cut off at the bottom where the server list starts and unclickable. The only way to do anything then is by killing bz2 with the task manager.
I can't see what was on your screen, so you're going to have to help. What was in the crash message window is also stored in {MyDocuments}/My Games/Battlezone II/ . BZ2 now keeps 5 logfiles by default, so you should be able to find the log after a crash and post that.

-- GSH
Huib-Bloodstone
Rattler

Post by Huib-Bloodstone »

mase wrote:The bug with the reappearing crash log message is still there. Also it can happen that the crash log window appears semi transparent,
Edit: The window appears after the host quits.
Any Screenshots/Logs?