Issue On The Dark Planet (first mission)

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

morgwin
Drunken Scav

Issue On The Dark Planet (first mission)

Post by morgwin »

Hi,

For some reason with 1.3.6.4z43 the Commander doesn't build the power plant(think that's what shes supposed to build) or the MortorBike Factory. The constructor just stands around.
I've tried restarting the mission and loading a save but the exact issue happens every time.

Thanks.
Huib-Bloodstone
Rattler

Re: Issue On The Dark Planet (first mission)

Post by Huib-Bloodstone »

Hmm send us your logs/save games.

I'll check if we have it :)
DarkCobra262
Sabre

Post by DarkCobra262 »

morgwin wrote:Hi,

For some reason with 1.3.6.4z43 the Commander doesn't build the power plant(think that's what shes supposed to build) or the MortorBike Factory. The constructor just stands around.
I've tried restarting the mission and loading a save but the exact issue happens every time.

Thanks.
I usually skip that mission
Modding/Modelling like a noob...
Huib-Bloodstone
Rattler

Post by Huib-Bloodstone »

I don't have that problem,

Make sure u have your bz2 installed as it should.
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Huib-Bloodstone wrote:I don't have that problem,

Make sure u have your bz2 installed as it should.
It has happened to me as well, and I have BZ2 installed as it should (as in not in the programs files folder).

morgwin, did you actually deploy scavengers as instructed by the mission? I may be wrong here but it could be that the factory is not build untill you have deployed scavengers.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

happens to me, too, repeatedly. i deploy the scav, too. i looked at the script for the mission a bit, but nothing flew off the page at me.

crig is on my team, but not grouped in a slot, but shabby is the one who is supposed to 'command' it anyways.

other missions have been reported having problems, so i suspect engine, so someone needs to do a patch regression to see where these things started happening.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Frankly that needs to happen with the entire campaign, there's some fairly serious breakage going on. It'd be a good idea to get a dedicated project going with several programmers and testers on it.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
akaine
Scrap

Post by akaine »

Actually this happens even in v1.3.6.5. In about 4 min from the mission start the constructor should build a power plant. For some reason it stays behind the crystal formation and does nothing, so when the time comes to build a factory nothing happens either. If you proceed anyway by the end of the mission you hear the report that the constructor has been destroyed (though nothing really happens to it) and the mission ends in failure.

I've started up the v1.2 and though the building scripts worked fine (I've noticed some building positioning difference from the v1.3, other then that all worked fine) the same "constructor destroyed" thing happens by the time you reach 2 gun spires. So possibly we are facing 2 separate bugs here, one with the buildings and one with events conditions.