Comparing the patches

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

Commando
Flying Mauler

Re: Comparing the patches

Post by Commando »

GSH had released four public alphas, which got next to no feedback. The private betas got even less.
GSH
Patch Creator

Re: Comparing the patches

Post by GSH »

BZ2 work is done on my spare time, on my dime. I work on things that I want to. Being a pest does not help get your pet bugs fixed, because you are not my boss. The BZ2 community should live like every patch might be that last released, because just about no other commercial games have had such patch work. A certain segment of the BZ2 community has chosen to attack and belittle other players, game mode(s), and patches. That's not how things get done around here. That toxic segment of the community has never really learned how to work with me. And yet they keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again -- being an arrogant jerk may work in PvP games. BZ2 patch work is not that. You have to appeal to me. Choose a better way of communicating -- this is not a war you have to try and win by hyping your side. In fact, if you turn this into a battle, that's a sad statement on you.

Most (all?) of those graphical bugs have been present since 1.3ta5 released in April 2009. Those bugs are not that critical, as shown by their being present for 5+ years to the community. Get ready to live with them a lot longer, because I'm under no plans to release a patch specifically for your pet bugs. Perhaps a future patch might fix them, perhaps not. As I said earlier, if you like another patch better, such as the 1280x1024 max resolution of 1.2, go play it. Just don't be a jerk about it.

Scorpion - watch your language and attitude here, or earn a temporary ban. Being a loudmouthed jerk is not how you should behave here. You're already very close to being permabanned for sockpuppetry, as I do not believe your IP registration is legit.

Thread locked.

-- GSH