raknet and current match making

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

yeah
Rattler

raknet and current match making

Post by yeah »

After not playing for couple of months, I had to realize that raknet seems to be down for good.
Is that true?
And what are people using instead or of raknet right now? Everybody using kebbz server?
Or Teamspeak? Or Gameranger? Or not playing at all?
Commando
Flying Mauler

Re: raknet and current match making

Post by Commando »

Kebbz server is the only alternative right now.
yeah
Rattler

Post by yeah »

Great to have kebbz but it seems we either lost a lot of players again or they are not aware of it/using something else. At least during days there almost no games online at all. I hope the community is not finnaly dissipating for good.
Juggernaut
Thunderbolt

Post by Juggernaut »

Yup, kebbznet is working great, however UNPNP/Natneg doesn't work for hosts, requiring 17770 UDP to be port forwarded to the server IP. Hopefully this can be updated soon.

Also, many people do not know about kebbznet, they install the latest patch and figure BZ2 is dead when they fail to connect via MP (unless they stumble across bz2maps.us). Sadly, since Gamespy sold to Glu-mobile, which pulled the plug breaking MP for BZ2 and many other classic games, and Raknet's inconsistent matchmaking, we have lost hoards of players. Although, some of us still play, organize on TS and host via kebbznet. Kebbz is willing to allow his matchmaking server be used in future beta patches for BZ2, and would help to get both new and old players back into the zone.

For those interested in trying kebbznet so that your hosted games are visible via shell for other kebbznet users, follow the instructions below:

Open @BZ2ROOT/addon/config/localprefs.ini and add this line under [UserPrefs]:
MasterServerAddress="gamelist.kebbz.com"
Note: @BZ2ROOT is where you installed Battlezone II.

you will want to comment out the original by: // MasterServerAddress="masterserver2.raknet.com" or just delete or edit to read: MasterServerAddress="gamelist.kebbz.com"
I do not believe Raknet matchmaking for BZ2 will come back, unfortunately.
Specs:
Win 10 Pro 64bit OS
i5 3570K @4.5Ghz CPU
16GB DDR31600 Corsair RAM
MSI Z77A-G41 MOBO
Crucial 256GB SSD | 500GB WD HDD
EVGA REF GTX-970 4GB ACX 2.1 GPU
27" LG D2743 Cinema 3D IPS LED @1920x1080 60Hz
ASUS Xonar DGX APU
Cable Internet - 35Mb/6Mb
snowdog
Scrap

Post by snowdog »

Not sure if anybody cares but as I've said before gameranger with tnt's mod selector works well and has always worked