CHEATING IN Battlezone 2

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

Killer AK
Rattler

CHEATING IN Battlezone 2

Post by Killer AK »

Heads-Up, i had a game earlier today and one dude came into the game and made my whole base explode, he was dropping units called "da bomb" and a timer showed up behind my f1-f10 keys. Then when i wiped his base out to get ride of him quick he punched in some code and all my base and my extractors and every unit on the map blew up so it happened to all the players.
Secondly I think there is a scrap cheat going around, i had a game with {bac}max and was fighting him.
I had control of all the pools except 2 and lost one or two units.
I kept destroying his scavagers and yet using scions he already upgraded his kiln, built and moded a warrior, built gun spires
before my constructor was even able to finish making the factory he upgraded way too fast for loosing the scavagers the way he did.
I've heard you can cancel a build and collect scrap faster, however all my attempts failed cause i lose scrap cancelling.
I am serious when i am saying he upgraded way to fast for what he had.
Ded10c
Recycler

Re: CHEATING IN Battlezone 2

Post by Ded10c »

Known and documented. One of the local griefers.

/kick, /banip, etc.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Max is a very good player, I don't think he is cheating, though he does build cancel very efficiently, he does not need more than 2 pools to build a full scion base.
Pool upgrade, build cancel and unit recycling can seriously shorten the amount of time it takes to get a full base. Shoot em down and rush em, its the only way.
AHadley wrote:Known and documented. One of the local griefers.

/kick, /banip, etc.
But do we know how he does it yet? I was trying to get some info out of one of the culprits just before BZU got hit by a nova bomb.
Axeminister
Sabre

Post by Axeminister »

Am I correct that you can only bring 'da bomb' into a game played on patch 1.2?
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

If you see anyone doing this, 99% of the time it is Vearie or PH.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Axeminister wrote:Am I correct that you can only bring 'da bomb' into a game played on patch 1.2?
Apparently you are incorrect.
Killer AK
Rattler

Post by Killer AK »

GSH GSH GSH GSH GSH GSH GSH GSH----> PLEASE READ <----GSH GSH GSH GSH GSH GSH GSH GSH GSH GSH

No he wasn't cheating public beta needs public beta 7! How they are doing it is the empty scout isn't costing scrap when you recycle so what happens is when you cancel builds you get the equal amount of scrap back to build your base up. This helps too much though because everything happens instantly. I did not know this exploit until I started seeing how they are doing it.

So go into the recycler menu make an empty scout.
Then while it's building let ur scrap bar recharge.
Just before the scout is made, go back into the recycler menu and press SPACE BAR to cancel build.
now instead of having 30 scrap where you should be u instead jumped up to 40.
Do this a bunch of times you can survive off 2 pools easily.

Secondly I should note that while using scions the two default guardians you get when just starting out a game if you order them to recycle they don't give you anything back for scrap. They just recycle and disappear.
Killer AK
Rattler

Post by Killer AK »

im old i don't want to keep having to go into menus and cancelling builds
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

It is interesting but it has the same validity as having scavengers with scrap in them beyond your max hold that instantly deposit it when the gauge gets the gap.

I can't think of a way to really fix it unless you remove all refunds from canceled building.

Unless fixing it would just be a matter of reducing the cancel scrap.

Does this work for ISDF or just Scions? If it is only Scions than clearly we just apply the same settings that the ISDF have.

Nice note on the turret recycling issue.

GSH does code edits. For asset changes one of the testers submits them and then they have to be vetted by other testers.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

It is essential to have an upgraded extractor for build cancelling to be effective, you store 20 in a building scout while 20 more comes from the red scrap. Its not cheating, its just advanced scrap management. much the same effect can be achieved by building and recycling scavs. Its not really a game problem and its not new.
To stop it you have to win the dogfights and destroy the upgrades. Playing against 1.3 scion vets as isdf, you have to rush em and slow the building process as much as you can.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Without cancelling, you will NOT win a serious strat against ISDF. Absolutely not. You will be sitting high and dry with only 2 buildings by the time they get chains out.

This should not be changed, or you will alienate any Scion player.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Sounds very similar to Scrapmaking in BZ1. That got removed IIRC.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Its just optimising the flow of the red scrap, the amount you get back from the cancel depends on how close to completion the build is, it works for both races, It can backfire on you quite badly if you stop concentrating on the build as you end up with unused emptys lying around for the enemy to steal.
Its slightly more efficient than scav recycling, as you lose 10 scrap on a recycle, but it only gets you to about 40 scrap or so, very useful for building turrets as the isdf.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

MrTwosheds wrote:Its just optimising the flow of the red scrap, the amount you get back from the cancel depends on how close to completion the build is, it works for both races, It can backfire on you quite badly if you stop concentrating on the build as you end up with unused emptys lying around for the enemy to steal.
Its slightly more efficient than scav recycling, as you lose 10 scrap on a recycle, but it only gets you to about 40 scrap or so, very useful for building turrets as the isdf.
Only works to a huge degree for Scion IIRC. The canceled empty gives you all 20 back, so if you collect scrap to 40 in the yellow and then cancel, boom you have 60.

Yes it can backfire quickly as that progress bar goes much faster when not paying attention. Can get very frustrating as you get -20 scrap instead of +20.

As far as scrap making in bz1, that was because each scrap piece was worth 2. Constructor cost 8, dropped 6 pieces, worth 12.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Yellow scrap does not gain fast enough for a cancel to be worthwhile, Only red scrap gives you back the 20 quick enough while the empty is building.