New test build (b89e) that might reduce lagouts

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

[K4H]Perpetual
Scrap

Re: New test build (b89e) that might reduce lagouts

Post by [K4H]Perpetual »

Haha, I found it, shipped my logs, and came back to edit my post to admit my lack of real effort...but you beat me to it.

Thanks.
ADMIRAL MANSON
Thunderbolt

Post by ADMIRAL MANSON »

I guess I could get an install of this going next weekend when work slows down if it ever does.
Fulmen
Thunderbolt

Post by Fulmen »

I saw RD having an advertisement server for b89g, but I can't find a d/l link for it. Where can I get it? I hope it's not just for private testers.

EDIT: Nvm, now it advertises 89e but the game's version is b89g...
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

These builds are still not the entirety of the private builds. We do not want completely lame ducks out for testing after all. For example, and I am sure it is pretty safe to give this tidbit, in b89f the Base-Slot for the Recycler blinked on and off rapidly and could not be selected. (This of course, from the best I can tell from the changelogs, was never touched. This should give a small window into the instability of much of the code where one change in one place can cause a game breaking bug, from minor to major, in another.) This was corrected in 89g which we are checking for other issues that would make it unplayable. Technically, this would normally have been 89f2, but with public releases of some of the private builds and GSH's limited time we are being a bit simpler with the numbering and there were even more changes between 89f and 89e based on results from DM testing 89f which in the past would likely have not occurred (89f2 would have been out very quickly in the past, with only that one fix).

We all know how people react when things work worse with later patches.
Fulmen
Thunderbolt

Post by Fulmen »

Ok, I finally managed to get a bug in the chatlogs that spams "uh-oh, faking moves" and kicks EVERY client out of the game. It occurs sometimes when someone leaves. I'm sure you're aware of this already, but 1 more log probably won't hurt, as this is in b89e:

http://www.mediafire.com/?zwzgh70hvr5a045
GSH
Patch Creator

Post by GSH »

Thanks for the logfile. Confirms other logs from 89e that somehow the server thought it told the other players about Cyber's leaving. But, that couldn't have reasonably happened. From lines 3432-3433, that's what it's telling me.
SetState 5 -> 7 (team 3, DPID 0x00507C90, id 2, name 'Cyber')
Check message propagation. AmServer = 1, entryState 5 sent 1
I have what I think are some fixes for this in post-89e builds, but other changes for blink/collision warp aren't quite where I thought they would be. That's why 89f (DOA build) and 89g are with private testers only for now.

-- GSH