Darkwarrior Sabotaging MPI Games

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

General Hoohah
Drunken Constructor

Darkwarrior Sabotaging MPI Games

Post by General Hoohah »

Darkstalker (IP: 99.255.124.69:55394) joined my game, ignored me telling him to stop trying to kill the enemy recycler, and I banned him. He then joined as Retardo - (IP: 99.249.213.33:61226), and continued to do it, bragging he could change his IP and said MPI players are **** and have no skill, that he had skill, etc. I kicked him, he rejoined, and so forth. I just quit out of that game cause I was tired of dealing with the little prick.

I ask players to stay out of the enemy base because it defeats the entire point of having a base, capturing pools, building units, etc. Why bother if you're just going to kill the enemy base Rambo style? I explained that to him, and that seemed to make him even more determined to sabotage the game.

I reported him in the chat area and they told me it was Darkwarrior, after figuring out where the address was located and what the ISP was... which was kind of obvious after I noticed him a few minutes later with his own game using the 99.249.213.33:61226 as Darkwarrior, in a game by him self called "strat". They told me that he's throwing a temper tantrum because his friend wasn't allowed to be in 1.3. I joined his game to get his IP, which I just mentioned... and I noticed what I think was him on the mic. He sounded somewhere between 5 and 12 years old. Sounded like he was AFK and doing something in the background. If that really was him, and he is that young.... that would explain a lot of things.

Commando and Squirrel told me to report this in the boards to warn everyone, so there you go. Also, he was using the newest lag fix test patch, 89e.

People like this just fail completely at life. All the skill in the world doesn't matter if you're just a dick bag.
General Hoohah
Drunken Constructor

Re: Darkwarrior Sabotaging MPI Games

Post by General Hoohah »

I wish there was a setting in a game's setup menu that pushes back players and doesn't let them go near the enemy base until you turn it off. Like when you try to go beyond the edge of a map. :) That would make my day... hell, my month.
Commando
Flying Mauler

Post by Commando »

It doesn't sound like he is greifing, granted you said he attempted to kill your rec, but couldn't due to FF being off.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

You're right that the community is in a sorry state, when killing the enemy rec gets you a ban.
Commando
Flying Mauler

Post by Commando »

Lol, I can see GH's point though. If he wants to take his time to kill the ai, that is his right, as he is the server. The client mouthed off, repeatedly insulted him, then gave him the finger by killing the rec.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Commando wrote:Lol, I can see GH's point though. If he wants to take his time to kill the ai, that is his right, as he is the server. The client mouthed off, repeatedly insulted him, then gave him the finger by killing the rec.
If the map is Iceberg than they deserve it lol

Try G66, where I kid you not rambo tactics will NOT work, ever.

For fun: On certain GH maps with a hill surrounding the enemy base, take splinters and splinter their rec. If their bomber is actively looking for a target it will pick the closest building, the splinter shell object, and drop a bomb. Of course this will ruin the recycler. That was a cool case of serendipity for me!
General Hoohah
Drunken Constructor

Post by General Hoohah »

I was thinking about playing G66 again, but I haven't played it in years. I was just about to download it... until I realized it only works with 1.2.... you guys haven't upgraded it yet!?
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Your binoculars have failed you.

Although you can be forgiven because there was an easy access link in BZU and I can't find one here.
Ignore the description lines, they are copy paste.
General Hoohah
Drunken Constructor

Post by General Hoohah »

All those descriptions say "BZ2: G66 Maps and Modification for v1.2", I already saw that. Isn't there a version that works with 1.3? I won't even go nearBZ2 v1.2 with a ten foot pole, thats how much I hate it.
chulalongkorn
Scrap

Post by chulalongkorn »

ut where the address was located and what the ISP was... which was kind of obvious after I noticed him a few minutes later with his own game using the 99.249.213.33:61226 as Darkwarrior, in a game by him self called "strat".

(Geographical lookup of that IP address redacted - GSH)
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

General Hoohah wrote:All those descriptions say "BZ2: G66 Maps and Modification for v1.2", I already saw that. Isn't there a version that works with 1.3? I won't even go nearBZ2 v1.2 with a ten foot pole, thats how much I hate it.
Ignore the description lines, they are copy paste.
FFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Fulmen
Thunderbolt

Post by Fulmen »

General Hoohah wrote:They told me that he's throwing a temper tantrum because his friend wasn't allowed to be in 1.3.
Did they say who this friend might be?
General Hoohah
Drunken Constructor

Post by General Hoohah »

Ah crap, sorry I was really tired last night and missed what you said. Downloading now. :) Thanks Zax. hahahaha

EDIT:
Should I get that MPI update?

Dammit, I can't figure out how to install it. There's no instructions. I tried moving folders around, nothing is working. The maps won't appear in my map list, so I'm deleting the files for now until someone explains how to install it.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

I have checked my hostname logs, converting them to IPs, and that indeed looks like Darkwarrior.

Why the hell he would have started doing this I do not know.

'Rambo Greifing' is something I can't stand. It is what first started my issue with PurpleHaze when he did it in Left4Dead constantly and consistently (this being before he was expelled from 1.3 private testing on entirely unrelated reasons). It absolutely ruins the idea of a cooperative game.

I suspect he is doing it trying to get people to test STRAT instead of MPI, but the reality is all he is doing it making himself look horrible and chasing people out of the game.

If this is how the people who want STRAT so fervently act, I say we just let them die off before fixing that. All they want is the problems fixed NOW NOW NOW. They refuse to help and instead resort to gorilla tactics against MPI players to try to force THEM to do the work.

STRAT players, if you want bugs that effect STRAT fixed, if you want STRAT tested, TEST IT. DO NOT try to force others to do your job for you.
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

I rambo kill the rec/factory. All I need is about 5 tanks....

The goal is to win. Unless things are looking really good or really bad, I'll do what I can to help win the game if we're not just testing something.

Walker rambo is always fun too ^.^