which b89 variant should i use?

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

Elektromag
Scrap

which b89 variant should i use?

Post by Elektromag »

I'm not bothered about lagouts as such, i just want to be able to play with as many people as possible. So which hotfix should i use? Also, what is the most convenient way to switch between multiple of these variants? thanks.

Also, sry if i posted in the wrong thread :oops:
Warfreak
Rattler

Re: which b89 variant should i use?

Post by Warfreak »

What would be best is if you had the latest installed to your primary install of BZ2. It is possible (but very impractical depending how you do it) to just have multiple installs of Battlezone 2 on your harddrive patched to the various patches that you play (The most practical setup being to have 1.2 on one install, if it even still runs I honestly don't know how unstable it is on newer rigs, and the latest build of 1.3 on another install).
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Re: which b89 variant should i use?

Post by MrTwosheds »

B89i and b89i2 are the latest test versions, they represent 2 approaches to improving collision "warp", the idea being that we try both of them and figure out which is the best...
Being able to play with as many people as possible with either or any versions at the moment could be tricky as most of the regular players have got upset about the unfortunate reality's of s/w development... decided not to help in the debugging process at all and have gone off to play on whichever old version they personally think is best, neatly bringing about exactly what they were so concerned about in the fist place, a fractured community.

So the only sensible answer is to use the latest available patches (b89h) and help get the issues sorted out, so that we can get a good stable version out that you can then play with lots of people. :)