Battlezone II v1.3.6.2 Public Beta released

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

Baconboy
Attila

Re: Battlezone II v1.3.6.2 Public Beta released

Post by Baconboy »

So just download it, extract it, and install it?
That's it?
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Were you expecting something else?
Baconboy
Attila

Post by Baconboy »

:lol:
Well, at first I didn't know there was an installation application. Also, my dad installed PB6, so this is all new to me.
Hybirdisdf
Scrap

Post by Hybirdisdf »

I played last single mission called the core.I notice something have been changed since upgrade patch to 13pb62 from 13pb61.I cant sniping 11110 mission ships.I stuck with it.i complained not enough ammo/repair from drop off crate pods.After frustrated,i went in the game entrapment mpi with 3 ppl.We killed the enemy base.All of sudden,there is movie scene of the core showing sabre flee into dropship be ready to depart from ground.The scene last 30 or 35 sec.it said the end.it pop in back where i am.I am no kidding.Ooooh its very strange.I should have recorded whole action but i didnt.It kind of suprise me.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Not quite sure what to do with that, but the Core drones shouldn't be snipable anyway, since they're robotic.
APCs r Evil
Sabre

Post by APCs r Evil »

I'm not sure when (Patch wise) the Core drones were updated, but I do know that way back in the olden days, when it snowed uphill both ways and we had to run from t-rexes, the Core drones were indeed snipeable and used the ISDF Laser. I imagine they became unsnipeable at the same time they were changed to use Gauss Gun, which if I'm not mistaken was added in 1.2.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Not quite sure what to do with that, but the Core drones shouldn't be snipable anyway, since they're robotic.
Its been a very long time since I played it, but I doubt it would be possible to finish it without sniping the drones, not sure why anyone would have altered these assets in stock, as they are not used anywhere else I can think of.

But yes there is is in the 1.3 pack with gauss gun and unsnipable, clearly altered with a comment saying so.
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

MrTwosheds wrote: Its been a very long time since I played it, but I doubt it would be possible to finish it without sniping the drones
^
Axeminister
Sabre

Post by Axeminister »

They've been unsnipeable since 1.3 pb1 as far as I remember. I always mortar them except the first one. And you can sometimes draw him into sight from around the corner if you back off just right. You collect the ammo from them after killing them. There is enough ammo if you do it right, and not enough if you don't.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Fulmen can do it
Commando
Flying Mauler

Post by Commando »

They are easy to take out without sniping. Concussion grenades work well on them and everything else on that map.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

I just replayed the ISDF missions. :) They mostly worked ok.
Mission objective name highlights are messed up, they are all called mission 11042 or something
And the carrier is already on fire before it gets blown up..
The end mission is quite playable, the trick is to realise that your tanks ammo regenerates only when your not in it.
So if you get shot up a bit by the drones, hop out before you pick up the pods they drop and have a cup of tea or something...
when you get back your ammo will be full and you use the pod for health. This is a bit dull. oh well, much too late to rewrite it so its insanely hard and swarming with enemy units.
appel
Drunken Constructor

Post by appel »

The directx installer in 1.3pb setup is really annoying. Please make it optional to install it.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

appel wrote:The directx installer in 1.3pb setup is really annoying. Please make it optional to install it.
If it was optional, there would be a great number of posts from people wondering why their BZ2 isn't working. I know you have it already installed and thus the repeated question it gives is probably anoying, but sadly the MS installer does not check your DX first before running. This complaint comes up a lot with Steam games actually, where the first run of a game on Steam ALWAYS triggered the DX install, often needed because each game uses a differnt version, but sometimes not if the game was installed in the past.

Basicly, we have to have it run else more people would have a broken BZ2 than are anoyed by it. Really MS should make their damn installer detect an existing DX install of the subject version.
GSH
Patch Creator

Post by GSH »

The directx installer in 1.3pb setup is really annoying. Please make it optional to install it.
Just hit cancel when it appears. Time elapsed: 5-10 seconds, tops. I don't see this as a problem.

If you want it optional, the readme13.rtf (also viewable within the installer) has a commandline way to run the installer that skips all redists. That way, power users who know what they're doing can skip them. Basic users who don't really understand that DX9 has ~42 separate versions, and BZ2 needs one of them installed will still get the prompt.

-- GSH