Battlezone II v1.3.6.2 Public Beta released

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

MrTwosheds
Recycler

Re: Battlezone II v1.3.6.2 Public Beta released

Post by MrTwosheds »

On machines were it happens, it would be more accurate to describe the correct display of skins in shell as intermittent, This seems to happen 97% of the time on my rig with the older video card. Still cannot identify any particular circumstance that may effect wether it happens or not.
ADMIRAL MANSON
Thunderbolt

Post by ADMIRAL MANSON »

Well I just downloaded and installed the patch and looking forward to some fresh gaming with no bans atm. Where can i find the name extender thingy that allows you to have a longer nick?
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

ADMIRAL MANSON wrote:Well I just downloaded and installed the patch and looking forward to some fresh gaming with no bans atm. Where can i find the name extender thingy that allows you to have a longer nick?
I'm not a fan of those, since it allows people to hide if they are scion or ISDF.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

The editor appears to have problems with deleting objects saved on a map, they are still there after you save and reload, bzn may be buggy after you do this, -nobodyhome to clear all objects should sort it out.
GSH
Patch Creator

Post by GSH »

MTS- where are you saving from the editor? If you're saving to a folder under ProgramFiles, Vista/Win7 will lie and park the changed file elsewhere. Try saving to Desktop and/or $MyDocs, then copy that back under ProgramFiles.

-- GSH
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Im using xp, files are saved under battlezone2/los/missions etc etc.
Bug 217
I added some boulders to a map, saved, later decided to remove them, deleted, saved, when map is reopened in the editor they are still there but now they are red on radar, and have become team 15, further attempts to delete things have the same result, they remain on the map when it is reloaded, The ascii .bzn seems to be getting messed up by this.
I mention it here because anyone making maps may not notice what's happening.
I first noticed it removing objects from a map, and then completely from the mod too, and then I was unable to open the map in the editor again, because objects still in the bzn no longer existed.
-nobodyhome gets rid of all objects and allows the map to be opened again. Editor delete is not functioning correctly.
I think this is the same issue I had trying to fix locridge a while ago, where objects were having the same seqno

Map makers may need to add all objects to a map in one editor session, and/or not change their mind and try to delete objects.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Seems I may have found another issue too.
Timeout trying to connect, I keep seeing servers that I timeout on, but then later can join, first I though it was just iffy connections and then it happened to me, as a server you see a client connected msg but they do not join, so I tried connecting to myself, after this happened, with my other pc and could not, internet through gamespy would timeout and tcp/ip could not see my other pc at all!
I suspect this may be triggered by failing to connect to another server in some way before starting your own one, as that seems to be what I am doing before the issue happens to me.
eg. trying to connect to a gamespy listed server that has crashed and left a ghost session up may well then cause your server to timeout clients.
Not raised a Boog yets, hoping for input from others...(lol)

Restarting bz2 clears the issue.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Might need extra logging for that one.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Had another occurrence of the timeout boog today, after an unsuccessful attempt to join a server (timeout/cancel join) My own server would not allow others to join, client connected is displayed, but all connections to me fail.
This sort of booger can really only be caught in the wild. Chat logs don't tell me much.
Hybirdisdf
Scrap

Post by Hybirdisdf »

I was playing on insane variant with normal bz2.I notice something wrong with laser popper archer.What happen is that laser popper archer shooting on ground instead of attack enemy units.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

At a guess, I would expect that is the archer choosing to do an arcing style shot (normal for archers) while using a weapon that only works if you aim directly at an enemy.
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

ran into another issue in the editor.

If the sky has lightning, when it first strikes it changes sky.ambientcolor to 0 0 0, and even in the editor you can't change it after that. It's like it gets locked to 0 0 0.

Lightning shouldn't be messing with ambient color, should it? :-/
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Probably the same issue as the other ambient lighting boogs, a value not being stored quite right, I would guess that anything that changes it is going to end up using the wrong value.
TheJamsh
Bull Dog

Post by TheJamsh »

MrTwoSheds
I noticed that you can fix the 'saving' problem in the editor by saving the map, then returning to the regular game for a few seconds. Its almost like the game is running in multiworld constantly...

Another issue i noticed is that when Multiworld is on, particles keep re-starting from the beginning of their cycle, and hardpoint lights are switch back on even if you pressed the 'L' key to turn them off. I sense this is because of the change made to force particles to stay on in MW. May be worth reverting that change...
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

How does returning to the game alter what has been saved?