BZ's Mag Arena

Moderators: GSH, Ultraken

GolemJR14

Re: BZ's Mag Arena

Post by GolemJR14 »

HitchcockGreen wrote:
GolemJR14 wrote:why cant we come to agreement, bze is trash and bz1 1.5 is so amazing. i thin 1.5 is somthing worth dieing for =P
LMAO if you think 1.5 is something worth dying for, then you've either never lived or have absolutely nothing to live for.
thats good and you think bze is worth dieing for so i might as well say the same thing :P
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

You've never played it golem and 1.5 is NOT Battlezone, it's a community made mod. Try 1.4 and see the difference.
Activision anet servers for all legacy anet games: Anet Servers
BattleZone Club (Supporting BattleZone 1.4, The Red Odyssey, BattleZone Enhanced, BattleZone 1.5 and Bionite)
BattleZone 1 Community Since 2002
GolemJR14

Post by GolemJR14 »

it is battlezone, just because the game programmer comes and changes stuff doesnt mean people can not call it bz.. if nothing is changed but things are fixed and graphics and other tech stuff relied then it is still the same bz. as for bze well that is really not battlezone. 1. it has no sp and second all the stock has been changed greatly .. bz1 1.5 is just the same as the old version and it IS still bz
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Apollo wrote:You've never played it golem and 1.5 is NOT Battlezone, it's a community made mod. Try 1.4 and see the difference.
I have to point out that 1.5 is a patch. It is the fact that Ken was involved and it has massive code changes while trying to preserve all original content that makes it that. Mods replace content and often do not involve new code (sometimes they do). Patches, official and unofficial, effect balance and add content without taking away.
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

Post by Psychedelic Rhino »

GolemJR14 wrote:as for bze well that is really not battlezone. 1. it has no sp and second all the stock has been changed greatly .. bz1 1.5 is just the same as the old version and it IS still bz
So, you know BZE's original 1.4 stock maps and ships "changed greatly"? How do you know this? Give me some examples. I'm still in great doubt you've even tried it.

Also, you're telling me the Golem and the Sasquatch in 1.5 are NOT "changed greatly"?
squirrelof09
Sabre

Post by squirrelof09 »

Nielk1 wrote:
Apollo wrote:Who was CmptrWz's hosting company?
Don't know, was hoping someone else would reply by now with that info.

http://www.softlayer.com/ wow... very pricy
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

GolemJR14 wrote:it is battlezone, just because the game programmer comes and changes stuff doesnt mean people can not call it bz.. if nothing is changed but things are fixed and graphics and other tech stuff relied then it is still the same bz. as for bze well that is really not battlezone. 1. it has no sp and second all the stock has been changed greatly .. bz1 1.5 is just the same as the old version and it IS still bz
Just play the Retail version so you can see the differences instead of arguing about what you don't know.

As for the patch comment, where is the license for the distribution of said patch, or should we ask the copyright holder.
Never mind, just post the licenses for this 2012 patch, i expect one from Activision and one from Atari, if you can't produce them don't tell me it's a patch.
BattleZone Club (Supporting BattleZone 1.4, The Red Odyssey, BattleZone Enhanced, BattleZone 1.5 and Bionite)
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

1.5 is an "unofficial patch"

just like BZ2 1.2 and 1.3

The game companies stopped giving a crap about these games a long time ago.
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

The (inarguable) definition of patch is that it fixes bugs. It can do anything else, do it by any means, and be made by anyone. It's still a patch.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

Psychedelic Rhino wrote:Also, you're telling me the Golem and the Sasquatch in 1.5 are NOT "changed greatly"?
I can make a short list of things that are not original without checking it over:
Great Pyramid DM
ALL DM Spawn point behavior
Explosions
Mouse senitity
pathing
Single player missions
AI Behavior
Auto Kick where there wasn't in stock
Jumpy movement
collision behavior
nsdf tug first person view abstruction when loaded
scrap not being able to be picked up in some areas that was fine in the original game
scavys can sit and spin for no apparent reason
Fury attack behavior is not original
pilots are much more easily detected by AI which changes missions
Distracting HUD changes
Distracting bright colors in game
Use of the chinese tanks on stock Battlezone maps
ordnance impact on vehicles is not like the original game
etc.. etc...
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

CCA muf/recy have spinny parts,
czar/grizzly cockpits are different,
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Apollo wrote:
Psychedelic Rhino wrote:Also, you're telling me the Golem and the Sasquatch in 1.5 are NOT "changed greatly"?
I can make a short list of things that are not original without checking it over:
Great Pyramid DM
Explosions
Mouse senitity
pathing
Single player missions
AI Behavior
Jumpy movement
collision behavior
scrap not being able to be picked up in some areas that was fine in the original game
Distracting HUD changes
etc.. etc...
Sounds like a patch... :-P
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

Post by Psychedelic Rhino »

I think it's pretty clear Golem14JR was fed a load about a good many things and he swallowed them all with that glazed-over mask of unquestioned worship.

If you're going to brain-wash, it's always best to start with the young.
HitchcockGreen
Bull Dog

Post by HitchcockGreen »

GolemJR14 wrote:
HitchcockGreen wrote:
GolemJR14 wrote:why cant we come to agreement, bze is trash and bz1 1.5 is so amazing. i thin 1.5 is somthing worth dieing for =P
LMAO if you think 1.5 is something worth dying for, then you've either never lived or have absolutely nothing to live for.
thats good and you think bze is worth dieing for so i might as well say the same thing :P
Not sure what you smoke in your spare time, but I'd lay off of it.
I know they tell you all kinds of wondrous and grand things over there, but believe me, a game more than a decade old and it's variants are hardly worth "dieing' [sp] for.
Again, live beyond...oh, I'd guess 14, and maybe you'll see that. But ****, even at 14 I had more to live for than a video game and I certainly wouldn't even joke about dying for one. That'd be a monstrously empty life and that's just sad.
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

Nielk1 wrote:
Apollo wrote:
Great Pyramid DM
Explosions
Mouse senitity
pathing
Single player missions
AI Behavior
Jumpy movement
collision behavior
Distracting HUD changes
etc.. etc...
Sounds like a patch... :-P
A mod that ruins the original game and pretends to be an official patch by using a name as if made by the copyright holder, and has the cd check disabled is not just a mod, it's priracy. :P :lol: