Recycler

Re: Battlezone 1

Post by Ded10c »

Apparetly, he doesn't have anything to do with BZ2 at all :S
SnakeEye
Rattler

Post by SnakeEye »

Commando wrote:CW shut down bzuniverse after someone drove cross country, printed bzu posts from a library he helps manage, then said punks mailed him said posts. They then went to another location he works at, located his car, then spray painted "BZU Sucks" on his car. The sad thing about the situation is that the culprit has no affiliation with bz2 so we lost bzu to someone who has no affiliation to bz2 or bz1.

I thought this was a joke...
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

nope
Josiah
Sabre

Post by Josiah »

AHadley wrote:Apparetly, he doesn't have anything to do with BZ2 at all :S
thank you. WHO was he? specifically, his NAME. where does he live? where does he work? It better not be in texas...
sabrebattletank
Thunderbolt

Post by sabrebattletank »

Right, like they'd make that information public...
Josiah
Sabre

Post by Josiah »

I imagine Wz would know, and whoever he told might also know a few details...

:idea: does anyone know if there was a case number?
{911}scrapmkr
Scrap

Post by {911}scrapmkr »

Avatar wrote:It is a work of art, in so many ways, and very deep for a computer game. :)

-Av-

Then when you have a very snipeable head like you, it is tougher ;)
{911}scrapmkr
Scrap

Post by {911}scrapmkr »

Commando wrote:CW shut down bzuniverse after someone drove cross country, printed bzu posts from a library he helps manage, then said punks mailed him said posts. They then went to another location he works at, located his car, then spray painted "BZU Sucks" on his car. The sad thing about the situation is that the culprit has no affiliation with bz2 so we lost bzu to someone who has no affiliation to bz2 or bz1.
That makes no dang sense whatsoever. Unless he's mentally deranged. So how the heck did the guy get the beef with CW in the first place. if there was a police report, it would have been mentioned in the local paper.

and people wonder why I take online threats seriously.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Various people have harassed CW in various ways including phone and mail. It was only a matter of time till a mailbomb or a stabbing occurred IMO.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

I feel really sorry for the guy, the amount of hate he gets...
{911}scrapmkr
Scrap

Post by {911}scrapmkr »

Nielk1 wrote:Various people have harassed CW in various ways including phone and mail. It was only a matter of time till a mailbomb or a stabbing occurred IMO.
because he ran bzu?

really?

that's beyond crazy.
VSMIT
Sabre

Post by VSMIT »

Partially because he ran BZU, but also because BZU hosted the development of the BZ2 1.3 patch.
{911}scrapmkr
Scrap

Post by {911}scrapmkr »

VSMIT wrote:Partially because he ran BZU, but also because BZU hosted the development of the BZ2 1.3 patch.
crap...

hate mail directed at people facilitating improving our favorite games. I loved the concept of BZ2. I needed thugs because my dm skills well... never became skills. LOL But playing it on a modem was just impossible.

it really is true. the battlezone games seem to have attracted an overly large percentage of the nutcase quota.

dating all the way back to the Activision boards forward. :(
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

Post by Psychedelic Rhino »

{911}scrapmkr wrote:
VSMIT wrote: the battlezone games seem to have attracted an overly large percentage of the nutcase quota.
I think computer games tend to attract a high percentage of poorly socialized children that then develop into emotionally undeveloped teens and young adults from too much screen time and not enough face time with others.

Like many here, I've played BZ since 1998 and have seen some extremely troubled individuals use the game to express themselves that would have otherwise had them in deep trouble if they had expressed themselves in a similar manner with others in person.

I'm very sorry CW was the victim of a very disturbed individual who obviously lost sense of the border between the two.
iGreaseMonkeYi
Scrap

Post by iGreaseMonkeYi »

Battlezone 1 ROCKS! Never heard of it 'till I got an amazing Orchid Righteous II 3D with a whole 16 MB of memory which piggy backed my 8 MB Matrox card. The game came bundled with it. I kept all my old machines running so I could still play it with the grandkids. Now I can use it on my new machines thanks to the great work you guys have been doing. Keep it up!

CHEERS! 8)